Server time (UTC): 2022-01-20 14:55

Question about multiple characters, role-playing, ect..

Zero

• Sapphire

Since being accepted into this community, I've had a hard time trying to decide on how I want my character to act, who is he is, his past, ect. I've had a lot of experience in different role-playing communities, and I personally think I am a decent role-player, but my best moments are usually when I am with Spartak and my other friends.

Now, my question is, how many characters are you allowed to role-play as? For instance, one day may I play as Character A, then the next day come back after changing my game in DayZ and play as Character B, I can see where this may be a problem when it comes to filing reports as someone may give you Character B's name, but your name on the site would be listed as Character A. I thought of perhaps making one character that has multiple personality disorder, but I thought that would be a bit cliche or not so original.

• Sapphire

/Moving to questions

Ope, sorry about that. Thank you!

• Diamond

You can have as many characters as you want, keep it to 3max though, otherwise it will be hard remembering things.

• MVP

You can role play as many characters as you like, however you would not have the memories that another character would have. In regard to reports, your character name is what it is when you log into the server so even if it is different on here it wouldn't matter (you can however change it in your user CP to rule out confusion). People have multiple characters, but usually they keep it to 2 or 3 to save confusion and 'memory cross-over'.

This is your DayZRP journey so be who you want to be, even if that is someone with a multiple personality disorder but remember to role play it correctly so it doesn't look like 'trolling'. Sometimes less is more.

• Sapphire

-snip- ....filing reports as someone may give you Character B's name, but your name on the site would be listed as Character A. I thought of perhaps making one character that has multiple personality disorder, but I thought that would be a bit cliche or not so original.

Lots of people with multiple characters put both in their forum name (John Doe/John Smith - kind of thing)

• Legend

I thought of perhaps making one character that has multiple personality disorder, but I thought that would be a bit cliche or not so original.

Have to agree with you there. So tired of 'crazy' people and the like.

Play according to your style - what you want to do.

It's perfectly fine to have two or more characters that you switch off between, lots of people have done it before. At least one guy I knew went to the trouble of keeping a tent with character A's stuff in it for when he was playing character B. That's a lot of work to go to, and no one expects that level of dedication, but hey, if that's what you want to do, more power to ya!

• MVP

As the others have said, it's perfectly fine to play as many characters as you want. If you want 3 different characters, go for it. If you want 10, I wish you luck because that's a lot of information and dedication. ;)

The others above have answered your question pretty well, but just in case, do you have any other questions regarding the topic?

• Sapphire

As the others have said, it's perfectly fine to play as many characters as you want. If you want 3 different characters, go for it. If you want 10, I wish you luck because that's a lot of information and dedication. ;)

The others above have answered your question pretty well, but just in case, do you have any other questions regarding the topic?

I believe my question was answered sufficiently, thank you all for taking time to answer my question, and thank you to the helpful staff as well. :)

• MVP

Glad we could help!

Answer:

You can role play as many characters as you like, however you would not have the memories that another character would have. In regard to reports, your character name is what it is when you log into the server so even if it is different on here it wouldn't matter (you can however change it in your user CP to rule out confusion). People have multiple characters, but usually they keep it to 2 or 3 to save confusion and 'memory cross-over'.

This is your DayZRP journey so be who you want to be, even if that is someone with a multiple personality disorder but remember to role play it correctly so it doesn't look like 'trolling'. Sometimes less is more.

/solving