Server time (UTC): 2021-10-23 14:59

"Player Controlled Garbage Forts (PCGFs/Forts)": Smaller PCBs for protection

Would you like to see these (in a finalized form) implemented?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since Drunk Moon Pony (Luna) is gone now, I've decided to make a thread for it myself.

I'm suggesting suggest new, far smaller "PCB"s (More of a fort though) dotted around the region with a different aesthetic, where clans can get protection from bandits and zombies while in a fortified position, while being in an area where animals spawn and timber is accessible, and have a decidedly less "military" look, i.e. No bunkers and sandbags, the walls use metal crates like the current trade post, and instead of tower bunkers, you can use deer stands as lookouts. If possible, use more garbage as walls, moreso the Barricade walls. Basically these are just empty walls, but you can put your tents in there.

Here are a few concepts I made:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5264/arma2oa2013012422310487.png

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6389/arma2oa2013012422312052.png

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5735/arma2oa2013012422313355.png

For locations, I marked some locations on this map

They're very small, but these are just concepts, and should be improved if they were to be made official. I hope they're implemented, clans like NCR surely need them!

• MVP

Small bases (maybe a bit bigger than you proposed) would be a great addition. But it's a hard thing to balance out if you want them additionaly to current PCB's.

Although I like idea, I would love to see only one additional base. Some kind of middle sized base (between your proposition and current PCB), maybe with one enterable building ? Location - coast area. Such base could be used by any clan to provide services for survivors or if bandits overrun the place it would become place of tortures/executions and sex slavery den. Just an idea :D

Small bases (maybe a bit bigger than you proposed) would be a great addition. But it's a hard thing to balance out if you want them additionaly to current PCB's.

Although I like idea, I would love to see only one additional base. Some kind of middle sized base (between your proposition and current PCB), maybe with one enterable building ? Location - coast area. Such base could be used by any clan to provide services for survivors or if bandits overrun the place it would become place of tortures/executions and sex slavery den. Just an idea :D

As I've said,

They're very small, but these are just concepts, and should be improved if they were to be made official. I hope they're implemented, clans like NCR surely need them!

I had this idea with NCR in mind, as our fort and home, where we live, where we eat, where we sleep where we plan, (where we roleplay,) and where we can store goods in relative safety. I wanted a "Rebuild" experience of well, rebulding.

• Emerald

The major clan leaders are all working on something exactly like this. We are testing around with it and Jamie is looking into some interesting programming tricks to give them some interesting dynamics. When it's ready to be revealed we will just reply it here.

The major clan leaders are all working on something exactly like this. We are testing around with it and Jamie is looking into some interesting programming tricks to give them some interesting dynamics. When it's ready to be revealed we will just reply it here.

Hopefully you'll also allow custom flags. Maybe by using the scripts BI used in their "Conquest" scenarios where flags change according to who controls it, I don't know? I'll be the biggest flag provider in all of DayZ!

Or maybe put up some sandbags and a watchtower along the road at some places around the map for clans or other people to occupy and use as a toll of some kind, where the rules could be specified that you cannot take peoples guns but you can force them to give you food or other supplies if they are to proceed past the checkpoint :)

although this might not be needed since its basically a normal roadblock...

Or maybe put up some sandbags and a watchtower along the road at some places around the map for clans or other people to occupy and use as a toll of some kind, where the rules could be specified that you cannot take peoples guns but you can force them to give you food or other supplies if they are to proceed past the checkpoint :)

although this might not be needed since its basically a normal roadblock...

In other words, you want that for your little blockade right?

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really good idea and i do like the locations placed on the map, in addition to elektro we could add one at cherno and perhaps see a elektro verse cherno campaign back and forth as long as the rules of engagement were kept respectable.

I like the idea a lot.

And I even have to add an idea:

Every fort has a storage area (some boxes or stuff). The clan who controls the fort can store their goods there (weapons, other usefull stuff, ammo ...). Those "Containers" have limited space. Normally those containers can only be opened by clan members (don´t know, if this is possible) and not by other players. Other clans can attack those bases only if they make an declaration of war to the clan controling the fort. This will lead to some cool clan fights and players can´t rob a fort, while no player of the clan is online. (will be hard to organize though) If they manage to conquer it, everything in the storage location will be their.

Guest Whiskey1

Since Drunk Moon Pony (Luna) is gone now, I've decided to make a thread for it myself.

I'm suggesting suggest new, far smaller "PCB"s (More of a fort though) dotted around the region with a different aesthetic, where clans can get protection from bandits and zombies while in a fortified position, while being in an area where animals spawn and timber is accessible, and have a decidedly less "military" look, i.e. No bunkers and sandbags, the walls use metal crates like the current trade post, and instead of tower bunkers, you can use deer stands as lookouts. If possible, use more garbage as walls, moreso the Barricade walls. Basically these are just empty walls, but you can put your tents in there.

Here are a few concepts I made:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5264/arma2oa2013012422310487.png

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6389/arma2oa2013012422312052.png

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5735/arma2oa2013012422313355.png

For locations, I marked some locations on this map

i like your concepts

A wild keg of Rolle's favourite beer appears!

Rolle's favourite beer used intoxicate!

It's super effective!

Rolle uses No. But he is under the effects of intoxicate!

Rolle uses Yes in confusion.

Rolle fainted

ontopic: we should do this it would make things interesting