Server time (UTC): 2022-01-23 15:36

RP in public server..

I have tried to do some RP in public server.. Joined in a 45/50 server, spawned in elektro, found some food and a blaze. No one in elektro? Impossible.. 3 players were hiding behind the hospital, when they saw me they shot me right in the face. The result? I will never play in a public server. Fucking KoS!

• Sapphire

That is the thing. You are not really able to RP in the public servers. GG

• Sapphire

That is the thing. You are not really able to RP in the public servers. GG

I can't play in this server. I'm still not in whitelist :(

Yeah. I know how that is. Well not really. I only waited one day. But when the wait was over, the feeling is great and totally worth it. When you are whitelisted, you are going to be getting mad that you can't get on.

• Sapphire

I've tried this with mixed results in the past. I set up a campfire in the woods south of Starry and gathered some weary moths to my flame. One clicked to what I was doing by my RP attitude to the environment and such the followed suit, the other was just like "what you on about?" BOOM! "Grab his shoes!"

Meh I will try again because I do still play other servers when I feel a bit stifled by rules. Spread the RP love, some may be converted.

• MVP

So once apon a time a person called Rolle created DayZRP and no more shall we be KoS'd (those who do are banished to the public servers).

Unfortunately on the public servers people prize loot/gear over anything else, here we prize role play. Role play can be rare to find in the public servers, but it is out there. Good luck with your whitelisting.

Well, Teas, maybe some people will be converted by trying to RP on public servers, but I think that will need lots of will and time, because from my PoV, public servers are closer from CoD : Chernarussian Edition than an actual cooperative, survival game. But heh, who knows?

Thematrix07, you are currently into the process of being whitelisted? If so, it's just a matter of time, don't worry. Staff members give times to every single application made so, your time will come! :)

Also, my buddy had a mental experience recently in Chernaya Polana with a pretty dedicated player. Check out the video if you get a spare few minutes, it's creepy but well worth a watch. I think DayZ needs more players like this - people who want to offer their fellow survivors more than a bullet:

• Sapphire

Also, my buddy had a mental experience recently in Chernaya Polana with a pretty dedicated player. Check out the video if you get a spare few minutes, it's creepy but well worth a watch. I think DayZ needs more players like this - people who want to offer their fellow survivors more than a bullet:

Your buddy shot at him in first sight.... But the video was really good. The guy with the mask did an amazing job!

Your buddy shot at him in first sight.... But the video was really good. The guy with the mask did an amazing job!

I know man, I think he was jittery because he was so geared! That's the way it is in the public servers I suppose. It's almost a shame that the axe guy didn't get him :) I'd love to do something like this myself.

Guest Doug Quade

Too many KOs POS on public. Also too many trolls as well. The only use I have for public servers now is to log on to a low pop or empty server and explore on my own. Constant KOS is all that happens now which is why I searched for a RP community and thus am here.

I have tried to do some RP in public server.. Joined in a 45/50 server, spawned in elektro, found some food and a blaze. No one in elektro? Impossible.. 3 players were hiding behind the hospital, when they saw me they shot me right in the face. The result? I will never play in a public server. Fucking KoS!

I've had luck RP'ing on public servers, but never in a big city. They are basically Call of Duty deathmatches. You have to go to the smaller towns away from the coast. Of course the problem then becomes you may not see anyone for a while.

Another good public option is to use the subreddit /r/dayzlfg and mention you are looking for people that like to RP and not KoS. I've met a crew of good people through that subreddit. Just be very clear in your post what your playstyle is and who you are looking to hang out with. You may get a rotten apple you may have to awkwardly discard, but for the most part I've met solid people using that.

Bonus tip: If you have 4 guys with you that are geared up, you can coerce the random people you meet into RP'ing with you ;) People usually like to RP but are just a bit timid or want you to take the lead with it. Once you get something started though and they see you are into it, they will try it out and run with it.

Ya, you should watch out for that. For me, I pop on public servers when the RP servers are full and just explore. I avoid hitting any major areas, as they always land me as a corpse. However, with the new server opened up, thankfully I havent had much reason to hit the public serers since there is always space somewhere.

Plus you meet so many more great people here than out there. In the wilds of the public servers, your best bet is to gear up and hop on with friends.

Don't give up the efforts on public servers though!

I'm still hoping and praying to get whitelisted for the DayZRP servers. But until then, if I run into any of you guys on a public server among the rabble, it would be a treat and an honour to get to RP right along.

It would be awesome to find other players in public servers that don't have the "kill everything" orc mentality. And even before I heard about an RP community on DayZ, I've tried my best on public servers to at least make it an entertaining experience for me and the other players even if it's littered with the usual "omg I kill you for your things!"

There are still players out there who are looking for a good experience more than stockpiles of items.

Do a filter search for RP. I have found a couple of "light" RP and non KOS servers out there. One I was on was actively moderated and I was seeing kick mission for KoS. Apparently the mod would run around as a newb and if he was KoSed or witnessed it he would kick/ban.

• Sapphire

i play on a non-whitelisted rp server, thats funny but sometimes they are kill on sight guys.

• MVP

I can honestly say that my play style in dayzrp is the exact same as it was in public servers :) the only difference now is that I'm far less likely to get bopped on the back of my head with a shovel while I'm fishing... xD

The thing is, there is no use for interacion on public servers. Why would another person interact with us? To "team up"? The game is piss easy, they might as well go alone and not risk getting a bullet in their head.

I grew bored of public servers, although i still play it with friends from time to time. Its just boring. There is absolutely nothing to do once you get your basic supplies and a gun other than kill other people.

Here, i actively seek other people to rp with them and it leads me to all sorts of fun interactions