Server time (UTC): 2022-01-20 07:55

Warning Point Appeal

Misty

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Dear Misty

You have received a warning from the staff of DayZRP.com.

--

Irrelevant and Sarcastic Post - 5 Points

http://puu.sh/eTC25/e005ce7be7.png--

A staff answering a question does not require this sort of response. Please have a better attitude on the forums.

Why the verdict is not fair:

After reading the new group thread rules, I saw these posts where LeglessStallion is asking things that are not relevant to SVR. He is in fact asking a general question about the new rules. A moderator replies to him. I then ask them both, politely, to continue their conversation in PM and receive warned points.

I have been accused for two things I was NOT doing: Being sarcastic and posting something irrelevant.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

Group threads should remain clean and all replies should be relevant to a discussion about the group' date=' feedback, recruitments, new changes etc. [/quote']

1. This was not meant to be sarcastic. I actually tried to explain that general questions as these should not be questioned or answered anymore in group threads. Just because Sung, moderator, does it anyway, doesn't mean I have a bad forum attitude when I point out that this is not the place to discuss it. I feel like this is looked at like "Oh its Misty, the bad guy, he must be sarcastic and flaming, give him points".

(If you look back at the mod SVR thread, I moderated that thread a lot and in the exact same way as I did now. Its not being sarcastic.)

2. I don't think its irrelevant. I point out that they should continue this conversation in PM, and posting it there so that others will not make the same mistake of going off topic aswell. And as SVR member, I think I should be allowed to keep moderating on our own thread, just like I have done so in the past. Mods are great, but I don't want it to clutter or escalate, then I feel the urge to moderate myself if there are no mods around.

If Sung was a normal member and I was the moderator, would I still have received a warning? I would like to have that answered aswell.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

Remove the warning points issued by McDugals.

What could you have done better?:

Add to my post that I am not trying to be sarcastic, because apparently it looks like I was, however.. I was not! And PM Sung instead. However, it would be nice if people could see my post and be like: Ah, so we should keep it to clan related things now.

• Emerald

Verdict

Appeal Granted

Explanation

What was posted was within his rights to do so as a valid question came up which was answered correctly. It is his job to moderate the forums and to help people when needed. The question was more directed at staff as the person asking it wanted clarification on the subject at hand and was answered through the thread. There was no need to re-state what had already been said by the moderator. However we fell that you were to harshly punished for this so that is why we are going to reduce the points for your comment.

Outcome

Warning reduced to 3 points