Server time (UTC): 2022-08-10 17:37

Walkie Talkies

I feel like they are not used enough and I just thought it would be cool to spawn with a walkie talkie as well! I would feel more immersed with hearing a random voice as i scroll through frequencies and someone in the world can make a radio station like in fallout 3. Well it's just a thought for me. Anyone see any downsides?

Guest Doug Quade

Spawning with a radio would then make things too easy for a starting survivor potentially. Having to search for one and then using it and reaching someone on the other end is part of the fun and experience!

• Legend

I don't believe we have the power to make people spawn with stuff right now. Maybe once we have mod support but as of now its only a dream I suppose.

• Emerald

I would love to play 80's tracks on the "Pepe's 80's music all day my friends you know" station :v

I think TS should not be allowed, only walkies tbh (so you can hear them talking in the vicinity etc rather than this meta bullshit of talking to your cronies right next to someone without saying a word in game).

I had so much fun trying to find quiet ways of pointing out the bandits to my friend, George, when we were pinned down, as I wasn't in TS.

"Psst George! *points at genereal direction of KOS-er* *nods head*, *does cut-throat animation*"

I think TS should not be allowed, only walkies tbh (so you can hear them talking in the vicinity etc rather than this meta bullshit of talking to your cronies right next to someone without saying a word in game).

I had so much fun trying to find quiet ways of pointing out the bandits to my friend, George, when we were pinned down, as I wasn't in TS.

"Psst George! *points at genereal direction of KOS-er* *nods head*, *does cut-throat animation*"

it's not already forbidden to use the TS on the server ? i thought it was as it's metagaming...

it's not already forbidden to use the TS on the server ? i thought it was as it's metagaming...

I agree, but no it is not considered so, unfortunately.

Using Walkies would be cool if there were different stations you could listen to, Ex. (Berizeno, Electro, Cherno) Listening to the people hosting stations in the area.

Technically, you do...there's a 1KM radius the walkies work in, so if you're in a town, the person on the other end of your walkie is within 1km, probably the town too.

Guest Senna1337

I feel like they are not used enough and I just thought it would be cool to spawn with a walkie talkie as well! I would feel more immersed with hearing a random voice as i scroll through frequencies and someone in the world can make a radio station like in fallout 3. Well it's just a thought for me. Anyone see any downsides?

If you want to spawn with an Walkie Talkie, you should ask Mr. Hall about that. as for the Radio Station: there are LOADS of Radio Stations in the Radio Chatter Subforums. also i would always run around with my Walkie Talkie on Default Frequency and would squeal if i just hear a small distorted "Hello" come from my Walkie Talkie ^_^

• Sapphire

well it should be a rule that we are obligated to have the the ingame speaker on when on the server, so even if someone is teamspeaking we can hear it, in my opinion it would be a big plus to avoid metagaming

this would be rather hard to enforce, but i agree it could definitely be nice in some circumstances.

The range of Walkie-talkies is just to low right now. If you want to have it on all the time you need many batteries and the right frequency.

Anyway, we use it very often in our Group because we have on frequency to meet on and know the area where people with walkie-talkies are in and have it set on ON.

• 1 month later...
  • Sapphire

well it should be a rule that we are obligated to have the the ingame speaker on when on the server, so even if someone is teamspeaking we can hear it, in my opinion it would be a big plus to avoid metagaming

this has been suggested before...and shut down. it may be cool in theory but people (including me) would get pissed off if we had to do this as it would mean no ooc and i would go out of my mind if i had to be in character the whole time i am walking and talking about the same things over an over again. it would make conversation hard in a bigger rp situation and may even degrade rp. basically small talk wouldnt exist.