Server time (UTC): 2022-01-17 19:41

Killing in defense for another person

SommerTheViking

• Emerald

I was thinking (i did read the kos rules again) is it okay to kill a robber, a canibal or whoever holding someone up in order to help the victim?

Example : imagine to run from one place to another, on your way you see 2 people, one on hes knees with hands behind hes head and the other one is standing with a gun pointed at the first guy.

- that seems to be a hostile situation and i personally think it would be a heroic deed to do, to defend and save another person like that, but would I be in trubble if i did that since i dont know any of the parts or were recently apart of the involved parties group.

- also i am a bit in doubt if i may kill the ''bandit'' if i think i know the guy who is being robbed, there is the possibility that he just looks like one i know ect ect.

If i was allowed to shoot in order to defend the poor man, should i go for the leg / unconsciousness on the ''bandit'' or should i shoot to kill ?

-I am in too much in doubt to be able to react on it without being sure that i am doing a good deed and not breaking any rules.

• Sapphire

You never shoot to kill. You never shoot first at all. You may want to help the hostage, but killing the other guy is badRP, RDM, KoS. You have to initiate contact, try to resolve this situation with having anyone dead.

Good Samaritan rule was removed. In order to stop a robbery you need to initiate if the robber complies then you have to treat him well.

• Sapphire

The answer is no. We use to have a rule back in the mod called Good Samaritan but that was taken away due to confusion and Mis-ID leading to reports etc. The best thing to do now is, if you see someone in trouble get confirmation that the 'Robber' is causing harm but make sure you know that for a fact. If you know that something bad is going down you can initiate on the robbers and then you do what you have to do from there.

Are you satisfied with the answers given Viking?

• Emerald

okay, im kinda new so i have never heard about the good samaritan rule.

so i couldnt even break hes leg before going into talk range ? just to give myself an advantage over the situation if i had morphine and such to fix him with again ?

• Sapphire

okay, im kinda new so i have never heard about the good samaritan rule.

so i couldnt even break hes leg before going into talk range ? just to give myself an advantage over the situation if i had morphine and such to fix him with again ?

Yes you can break his leg and fix him up later, but only after you initiate or it will be Shoot On Sight.

• Emerald

The answer is no. We use to have a rule back in the mod called Good Samaritan but that was taken away due to confusion and Mis-ID leading to reports etc. The best thing to do now is, if you see someone in trouble get confirmation that the 'Robber' is causing harm but make sure you know that for a fact. If you know that something bad is going down you can initiate on the robbers and then you do what you have to do from there.

Are you satisfied with the answers given Viking?

I understand the answer is no to killing for other peoples defense and that i may not do anything without initiate first, i think if i did that i would be either robbed to or killed.

I dont know how loud my voice is between so many others but i think it should be legal to defuse the robber by shooting him in the leg or make him unconscious as long as he can be left in good health.

- just a suggestion, but i got my answer.

• Emerald

i honestly think i would mind myself if i cant fingure a way to get close enough to initiate with the robber without defuse him or give myself some sort of advantage over the situation that could feel secure enough for myself to stop the robbing.

but i may just go with that in my head untill i find a way to do so without breaking any rules :)