Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 17:06

Need to report a possible KoS from my mate but I am unable to report

Will not let me upload a report thread. While you are here reading this I reckon is should quickly outline what just happened. Nina (Jelly) was changing pants when I use alt to look behind me. I laugh and she takes it as a joke and punches me xD Nina and a man named Artz (TeamSpeak name) then chase me back and forth as a joke for a few minutes (bare in mind that we have been playing together all this time and are meant to be friends) in the end when Artz starts trying to hit me with damaging things and starts taking things too seriously, I get out my AK-101, which was in fact just given to me by Artz (funny that, eh? wants his AK back I take it) and I shoot it about 10 metres infront of me when Artz and Nina are behind me! Nina laughs and turn around to put my AK away. Artz then takes out a Sawed-off shotgun and shoots me in the chest. Wtf.

I don't want to have to report this but being new and stuff I just wanna play and this kinda needs to be sorted. I have no video evidence but a few people on TeamSpeak heard this happen and Artz claims to have video evidence to prove against me. After requesting to see the video he replies no and refuses to tell me the YouTube channel that he is going to upload it to. The point of this report for me is to see his video. He doesn't want people to see it because it shows that I am right. Sorry for this being in the wrong section but I can't use the report section for some reason. Thanks.

• Sapphire

Do you have their full in game names? So you've tried making a report thread here http://www.dayzrp.com/f-report-discussion and you weren't able to?

Also, if you are doing a report you have to use this layout

Server and location:

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):

Daytime or Night-time:

Your in game name:

Names of allies involved:

Name/Skin of suspect/s:

Suspects weapon/s:

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):

(upload any YouTube footage as 'unlisted')

Detailed description of the events:

• Emerald

Will not let me upload a report thread. While you are here reading this I reckon is should quickly outline what just happened. Nina (Jelly) was changing pants when I use alt to look behind me. I laugh and she takes it as a joke and punches me xD Nina and a man named Artz (TeamSpeak name) then chase me back and forth as a joke for a few minutes (bare in mind that we have been playing together all this time and are meant to be friends) in the end when Artz starts trying to hit me with damaging things and starts taking things too seriously, I get out my AK-101, which was in fact just given to me by Artz (funny that, eh? wants his AK back I take it) and I shoot it about 10 metres infront of me when Artz and Nina are behind me! Nina laughs and turn around to put my AK away. Artz then takes out a Sawed-off shotgun and shoots me in the chest. Wtf.

I don't want to have to report this but being new and stuff I just wanna play and this kinda needs to be sorted. I have no video evidence but a few people on TeamSpeak heard this happen and Artz claims to have video evidence to prove against me. After requesting to see the video he replies no and refuses to tell me the YouTube channel that he is going to upload it to. The point of this report for me is to see his video. He doesn't want people to see it because it shows that I am right. Sorry for this being in the wrong section but I can't use the report section for some reason. Thanks.

Yes you need to make a report, and give a detailed description of the incident.

That is indeed not how it went down, but my video will prove it. My character doesn't even know how to use automatics IG. 278 mins till it is done uploading.

• Sapphire

So, you are not going to do a report until you see his video, that either proves that you are right or wrong?

C'mon Joe. Do you really think your kill was not justified? You raised your gun at both of us multiple times through the time we were together. Benji even explicitly said at the beginning “Hey, if you shoot me with this thing, I'll shoot you in the face. So be careful with it, because I've been carrying it around, for so long, so fucking long.". He obviously wasn't that comfortable with you. You continued to mess around raising you gun, where you actually had to say "I'm not gonna shoot you". Benji called you a "fucking psycho". At no point was our time together one hundred percent friendly. And all of that is way before you became a peeping Tom after I asked Benji to protect me whilst I derobed.

You then even insinuated my character "loved it". You may have thought I was playing around but I think most women, even with men their friends with, would be unhappy about someone peeping on them if they're changing.

Do I need to keep writing my full POV?

• Sapphire

C'mon Joe. Do you really think your kill was not justified? You raised your gun at both of us multiple times through the time we were together. Benji even explicitly said at the beginning “Hey, if you shoot me with this thing, I'll shoot you in the face. So be careful with it, because I've been carrying it around, for so long, so fucking long.". He obviously wasn't that comfortable with you. You continued to mess around raising you gun, where you actually had to say "I'm not gonna shoot you". Benji called you a "fucking psycho". At no point was our time together one hundred percent friendly. And all of that is way before you became a peeping Tom after I asked Benji to protect me whilst I derobed.

You then even insinuated my character "loved it". You may have thought I was playing around but I think most women, even with men their friends with, would be unhappy about someone peeping on them if they're changing.

Do I need to keep writing my full POV?

I think that you should wait until there is a report made, then share everything that you've seen.

Indeed, especially when you are as close as Nina and Benji. Nina is Benjis moral support and is teaching him about values, how to act civilized and on the other hand he is teaching her survival. Benji needs Nina aswell as Nina needs Benji, so Benji would rather give his life than to let you shoot at Nina, shoot by Nina, try to kill Nina or whatever you claimed you were doing. The fact you pointed your gun at my head three to four times didn't make my character more comfortable with the shit you were pulling and when I warned you, instead of complying you kept doing the same stuff, even though you got several warnings. But, the video will show it all. 247 mins left before it is up.

• MVP

Anyone know if False Report still a valid thing to charge someone with, or did that die off with the mod?

Still exists but is at staff discretion, a user cannot charge someone. Simply inform a GM or above

• Sapphire

Anyone know if False Report still a valid thing to charge someone with, or did that die off with the mod?

I'd say that False Report should still be a ban-able offense, because not only did they falsely accuse someone for something they didn't do, but they wasted the staffs time, hurt the person(s) involved reputation.

• Sapphire

Still exists but is at staff discretion, a user cannot charge someone. Simply inform a GM or above

Gotcha, thanks! This may be a candidate if it becomes a report.

XxElitzVenomzxX, I want to warn you that coming into a thread, making accusations, and then saying "I'll hold off on a report if the video makes you look innocent." is underhanded. It's not acceptable to threaten someone with a report if they don't provide you with evidence. You're responsible for your own actions, they shouldn't need to convince you that they acted properly or you acted improperly.

If you feel you were improperly killed, report them. If you honestly think you were wronged, then the worst-case scenario is that they're found innocent. Holding a report over their heads unless they go through the effort to prove themselves to you, however, isn't right.

They've given their side of things. That should be all the evidence they need unless you decide to report them.

While it may not be your intent, the impression you're giving off here sounds a lot like "I want to report you, but first I want to make sure you don't have evidence to vindicate yourselves."

No Lucia, not at all. I just want to see the video before I go to the extent of Formally Reporting Artz, I don't want to drag him into a giant report if I'm wrong, I just want to see why he did it.

And our accounts aren't enough to prove that? If you think you were KOS'd, RDM or whatever then you should be confident enough to report us. We have nothing to hide.

We both have video evidence (mine is potato quality and I have a digusting habit of mouth breathing, so it isn't a comfortable watch), I can upload it as well if needs be. You must be able to see that we're not going to upload the video first. It took up enough time just rewatching let alone for me to upload it for no reason.

Please stop wasting our time, are you making this a report or not?

• Emerald

No Lucia, not at all. I just want to see the video before I go to the extent of Formally Reporting Artz, I don't want to drag him into a giant report if I'm wrong, I just want to see why he did it.

I will have to agree with Lucia and the others, why should you have to see video of what went down when you were a part of it, you were their...no one should have to show you any video...open a report if you feel you have been wronged, and the accused can post his pov and video in the report.

• Legend

:popcorn:

• MVP

:popcorn:

PYPUJ.gif

• Sapphire

Artz was seeking my opinion on the matter, and sent me a link to the video so that I could view it and provide my own feedback. So, I watched the video in its entirety.

I wouldn't file a report if I were you. Artz is doing you a favor by not posting a link to that video here. Trust me.