Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:58

Chloroform

Is it a retarded rule that bandits don't have to roleplay with you since they can just knock you out from 30 meters?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would like to take the time to report chloroform for being too OP.

The official rule on chloroform is that it can be used as an initiation without first role playing with your target. This is a bad idea for the following reason:

Its OP. Too OP.

Here's Why.

The GMs and Admins have said in defense of this rule that "You have to be careful about who you let that close to you." (or something along those lines.

While I would agree with that logic if you had to be within a meter of your victim (maybe 2 tops), that is not the case.

In the following video, I will show you me chloroforming my friend from 30 meters away. 30. Bandits dont have to roleplay with you. They can just knock you out from 30 meters away and then have their way with you.

EDIT:

Also, it seems to be instantaneous.... hence why i got cut off.

• Server Manager

It's not supposed to be usable from 30 meters, Jamie broke it again :D

Like has been said:

Chloroform->Awesome (Also for RP)

30m range-> Srsly guise? (This should be easy to fix and should be the same range as blood bag)

Will not vote as I want chloro in the mod, with edited range.

(Same as with VOIP aggro, not range ofc:P)

Earlier it was definately not 30m. All blame Jamie!!

• Server Manager

Jamie is fixing it. All his fault after all :D

• Server Manager

I dont mind it either, but i think its silly that you dont have to RP with your victim, just walk into their general vicinity, look in their direction and they fall over unconscious. Bandit mode made easy.

There's RP in it for you. You can say "stay away from me", "don't get any closer" or something like that.

A sneaky bandit can be sneaky only if you let him near you (after the fix).

And now when I meet someone I feel is shady I can like;

No i'm friendly don't worry, I will never rob you. Does this rag smell strange?

And the usual robbing you, then demanding blood bag. You better not be alone as hatchet is quite efficient on sleeping people.....

The range 'should' be gear access range. Since, you know, to use chloroform you generally have to put it against the individual's mouth and nose... so it would make sense that you have to be almost on top of them.

hmm.. i cant chloroform someone from 30 meters if i would just see someone from that distance, first you need to be in like 1 meter range to get in the scroll menu.

so i dont realy see the problem

I will be tweakikgncholoform when i get back. Mainly i am going to make it require same range as other medicense. Had alao idea that you need toilet paper in your inventory when doing it.

As others have stated in the thread, once it's fixed I think it's perfectly acceptable. Our guys try to roleplay with anyone who gets chloroformed (at least where possible, of course last night got a little out of hand).

It adds a bunch more possibilities roleplay wise. As I said in another thread, I'd like to see the individual who's chloroformed have their screen blacked out and be unable to talk only listen. Really want to take them to a dark shed, turn my car headlights on the building and do all sorts of things to them ;)

I have another question regarding chloroform, is it allowed to use the chloroform as an initiation and abduction? since you cant really take a hostile action and order him around and then chloroform him if he doesnt comply ^^

"Drop your weapons and walk over to that far corner so my sniper can keep in eye on you!"

"Dont want to..."

"Okaaay...well just stay there then so i can chloroform you, please dont turn around and shoot me"

:D

Guest Jamie

I would like to take the time to report chloroform for being too OP.

The official rule on chloroform is that it can be used as an initiation without first role playing with your target. This is a bad idea for the following reason:

Its OP. Too OP.

Here's Why.

The GMs and Admins have said in defense of this rule that "You have to be careful about who you let that close to you." (or something along those lines.

While I would agree with that logic if you had to be within a meter of your victim (maybe 2 tops), that is not the case.

In the following video, I will show you me chloroforming my friend from 30 meters away. 30. Bandits dont have to roleplay with you. They can just knock you out from 30 meters away and then have their way with you.

EDIT:

Also, it seems to be instantaneous.... hence why i got cut off.

If you notice in the video the chloroform did not work, it is not usable from 30 meters.. its the same range as open backpack, shall look into this further however..

It's not supposed to be usable from 30 meters, Jamie broke it again :D

Not everything is perfect -.-

• Emerald

The only thing that worries me is this;

People are allowed to chloroform you before initiating a robbery, which means, if there's someone running after you, and you know he -will- chloroform you when he gets close, what can one even do?

You're either forced to;

- Become hostile, giving them an excuse to kill you.

- Keep running and pray to god he won't get near you

- Keep running untill the person decides to initiate on you

I sure as hell won't let anyone get within 20 meters of me anymore :|

• Server Manager

Tell the person to stop following you, if he doesn't just shoot him. Make sure you record it in case the guy tries to create a false report.