Server time: 2017-10-19, 09:22
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
SlimJim

Revenge/Group KoS rule help?

Question

SlimJim    0

Say you and another player you are with are searching a town, you split up to search the town quicker and another random player hold up your friend across town and you hear a gun shot which has killed your friend (for what ever reasons)

You are within 500m of the inncident and you are involved in the group.

You run across and tell them to freeze, drop or holster his weapons and so on but they doesnt comply.

what actions should you take?

(Trying understand the difference between revenge and group KoS rules)

Thanks for any help :)

6 answers to this question

Cid    333

Either way, it seems like you initiated on the person, so if the didn't comply you could use KoS rights as they are not complying. Of course, this is if you clearly state your hostilities in your initiation. In this situation, you would be gaining KoS rights based off of someone not complying.

Thumper    0

In this situation, you have full group KOS as you meet the requirements. Revenge is hunting someone that wronged you, but didn't kill you and you only have 2 hours to find them.

SlimJim    0

Either way, it seems like you initiated on the person, so if the didn't comply you could use KoS rights as they are not complying. Of course, this is if you clearly state your hostilities in your initiation. In this situation, you would be gaining KoS rights based off of someone not complying.

Ok Thanks i understand that part but, Can you not retaliate because he killed your friend? What if you saw the Killing happen but were hiding behind a fence let's say to see out the situation?

In this situation, you have full group KOS as you meet the requirements. Revenge is hunting someone that wronged you, but didn't kill you and you only have 2 hours to find them.

Oh right thanks i didn't see this post before i posted again -_-

Vaine    23

Ok Thanks i understand that part but, Can you not retaliate because he killed your friend? What if you saw the Killing happen but were hiding behind a fence let's say to see out the situation?

If you saw the killing then this would be fine.

The alternative of you not seeing who killed him could possibly lead you to killing the wrong person in which you would be breaking the rules. At the end of the day unless you seen it , you would just be guessing that the person your friend initiated on had done it.

You're considered a "group" if you have allied affiliations. Even if you only met the person a few minutes prior, you're a group for as long as you're working together, even if you've temporarily split up.

The deprecated Good Samaritan rule only applied to strangers, not people working together.

IAmJackBandit    77

I believe these answers here are sufficient enough and it seems you are satisfied:

If you saw the killing then this would be fine.

The alternative of you not seeing who killed him could possibly lead you to killing the wrong person in which you would be breaking the rules. At the end of the day unless you seen it , you would just be guessing that the person your friend initiated on had done it.

/solving