Server time: 2017-08-19, 13:17

Sign in to follow this  
Deniecu

Light

Question

Hello, so as well all know using lightsources, portable gas lights and flashlights on regular servers are generally a bad idea. That being the case I havn't used them lately so I was wondering, if I shine a light inside of a building, do the outsides of the walls also get illuminated?

Thanks in advance friends!

5 answers to this question

Roach    1536

Well It will light up the whole house regardless and yes others will instantly see it when close. However you have to be within range to see it. The light should not show up for others until they are about 100-150 meters away if I am not mistaken.

Noticed this ourselves when making a house lit up and moving away from it, the light shuts off, get a tad bit closer and now you see it.

Overall yes the house get's really bright but it's not like the walls glow but it's still very obvious.

Cid    332

John-Doe has answered your question pretty well. The outside walls won't light up to the point that the house is a nightlight, but you'll still see some light through the windows and such. You also won't see the light until you are decently close as John-Doe said as well.

Does this answer your question?

Alright, thank you for the answer friend, appreciate it

Yes it does, much appreciated!