Server time: 2017-08-17, 05:58

Sign in to follow this  
TheRunningManZ

Question about cannibalism?

So I played on the RP server last night for the first time in a long time. I bumped into two players at Pavlovo, I was perfectly civil. After about 20 seconds of chit chat, one of the two says "so I have some bad news for you" and then the other says "the bad news is he's a cannibal" the first guy then says "and we're both hungry!"

At that point "bad news" raises his shot gun at me, it's been a while since I read the rules but I think my play style in general meets the rules criteria anyway. Having been told they were cannibals and now they are aggressive I start shooting. As far as I can see NVL is no issue for me, if I don't shoot they will eat me.

My question is this... Is it OK to just go around saying you are cannibals and then execute whoever you want so you can eat them? That to me doesn't seem to fit within the spirit of the game. It would be different to eat people if you killed them as per the rules and then ate them but to kill people for food, is that acceptable?

I have made a very brief vid of it on my YT channel. I'm not linking it to here though.

Tamaster92    14

No - execution to eat someone is NOT allowed and is against the rules

Thanks, that is what I thought would be the answer. However I'm not even sure cannibalism was in the last time I played on RP but there we go. I wish I'd got their names now as it kinda wasted the 6/7 hours I'd spent roaming the map looking for Sporter clips!

Tamaster92    14

Thanks, that is what I thought would be the answer. However I'm not even sure cannibalism was in the last time I played on RP but there we go. I wish I'd got their names now as it kinda wasted the 6/7 hours I'd spent roaming the map looking for Sporter clips!

Sorry that it happened :(

Very, very soon we will have logs for kills and damages so we will be able to catch people like that :)

Sorry that it happened :(

Very, very soon we will have logs for kills and damages so we will be able to catch people like that :)

Yeah I saw that tweet from Eugene. That must be a dream come true for you guys! I'm not too worried, I had a Sporter and they had an SKS and Mosin/Sawn off and they both died. Unfortunately I did too, as I was coming around I was hit by a Zombie and there was no way to bandage in time.

To be honest it was fun. But I picked the Sporter because I love the gun and I didn't think I'd need to be getting fully geared on the RP server.

I'm not bothered about losing gear etc. This is DayZ! ;)

Subso    0

That was a bad Cannibal-play... as Tamaster said, its not allowed.

Sad to see such things happening.

Bugeye    0

Can't wait for the logging to become accessible to the admins. I foresee bad RP such as this dropping dramatically simply outta fear of being caught.