Server time: 2017-08-21, 17:59

Sign in to follow this  
Croob

How long does it take you to gear up?

Croob    0

I was curious on how long it takes some people to get all the gear that people get. It usually takes me like an hours to just get basic goods. Then i rush off to big towns and balota to get more advanced gear and some proper weapons. So yeah was just curious like i said =).

Harry    18

I was curious on how long it takes some people to get all the gear that people get. It usually takes me like an hours to just get basic goods. Then i rush off to big towns and balota to get more advanced gear and some proper weapons. So yeah was just curious like i said =).

Totally depends on the situation. If i finally get some gear and than die by a stupid glitch than it would take twice as long. And it also depends on the persistence if its on or off.

Mellstrom    21

With persitance off, a couple of hours and youre set.

With persistance on, a couple of weeks to get the good stuff.

Roach    1549

I don't use guns and never tend to get any military gear. So overall I'm a normal civ with an axe and maybe a pistol since a character "Travis" taught me how to shoot IC.

So overall takes me about 1 hour to get geared when a fresh spawn then I'm good to go. Love having a character that is not all about the gear hehe.

#CivLife

Vandy    34

Depends on your character.

Like John-Doe said, if you play as a civi, it's easier to get the things you want. Unless you want an in depth clothing style.

As military guy, it obliges you to go to military bases/outposts. Balota is the least statisfying base of all, in my opinion.

And then there is persistance. Without, I was geared up to full military within an hour after my death.

With persistance it took me 2 weeks to get the basic military stuff.

But yeah. We are here for the rp, not the gear. The gear is just a tool for your rp.

Davos    5

Probably between twenty and forty minutes. With in-character gear that I prefer, which is blue cargo pants and a blue wool coat/blue bomber jacket/ blue down coat then it takes me forever because the color is important for my character. This takes me forever, and is part of the fun, because he tends to trade whatever he can to get his uniform back together.

tenaciousb    0

Depends on my spawn.. Anywhere near Solnichniy, Kamy or Elektro takes me a few extra minutes, as most of the stuff has been picked through. The neighboring towns and routes to them are also dangerous. I spawned in Novo the other day in a high pop and had hunter pants, tac shirt, hunter backpack, mosin(no ammo), a magnum, a dozen .357 rounds and a ton of food/drink before leaving town. I did get the magnum before i had ammo for it from 2 nice strangers who so graciously decided not to kill me. :)

Jackson L    0

It's totally dependent on the spawn and what I'm going for. Lately I've been going for a minimal gear, civilian look. I'm kind of tired of seeing all these people in full on military gear all the time.

Krullin    0

Depends on where I spawn mostly. Usually it takes me around 20-30 minutes since all I really need is a check shirt and a few rope. There is still a little bug that causes loot-splosions at row boats so rope isn't that hard to find if I spawn at the coast. Then I just need to find a particularly sharp rock and an ashwood tree and I'm golden.

Though I prefer having a machete over an axe and those are sometimes hard to find so maybe longer.

Guest UncleBeaver   
Guest UncleBeaver

My strategy is usually spawn on the coast so go towards elektro or berezino which ever is closest usually find a mosin. Look the get a backpack and food. At this point I make my way all the way down to kamenka loot kamenka then go north hit the military base. This strategy get me geared in about an hour.

Since starting my civi character I only use a .357 and or a shotgun, so not long at all since food is so abundant now.

yesterday i had a loaded mosin and a large backpack containing plenty of food and water in just under an hour. Thanks to a Prig' spawn and some kind people :)

But it is varied

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

It takes me a couple hours to gear up to a certain extent. I am talking just enough basic gear, backpack, food, drink, a axe of some sort, and weather resistant clothing. I may not have a great weapon but I have something to take care of zeds. It may take a week or more to get my ideal setup though.

Buddy    852

FISHING ROD :D

so a few minutes...

bubbahblack    0

Normally for me it only takes maybe an hour or two unless I'm really unlucky. Pretty much all I need is a backpack, food, and a basic melee weapon. On public servers though if its pretty populated I won't head into towns though. Usually has some unfriendly people or is already looted.

Robodanjal    0

All I'm ever looking for is a good axe, waterproof jacket, reasonably sized bag, and some wellies. Doesn't take long at all really.

if i spawn in polona on a non-per hive, i run to the junkjyard and gear up in bout 10 min, then check the rest of the buildings, ill prob have a firearm and an axe by then v:

Destinwolf    13

With persistence being off, like it is now, it usually takes me between 2-4 hours to get everything I want, which is including an assault rifle and mag.

Lately, I've really toned down the kind of gear I wear. I went from full military to just a raincoat and green cargo pants. Still using a vest for the extra capacity and facemasks/bandanas for style. But I'm really only wearing those because my character collects and trades facemasks, bandanas, and balaclavas.

I can get comfortably geared to where I don't fear for my survival in about 20 minutes, tops. Longer if persistence is on, since loot only respawns when the server is restarted.

Of course, since DayZRP's population makes persistence crash the server every ten minutes or so, that doesn't inhibit loot much. Hopefully, BI gets that stability issue patched soon.

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

1 hour, for me at least.

Guest bobman235   
Guest bobman235

to get food water backpack and a gun I need about 25 min

to get a scope and some more advanced melee takes me another 10

I usually just take whatever, any food, any clothes with bigger pockets, any backpack, so not long. :)

DrGrim_PhD    0

Takes me about a half hour to get to the point where I can have a reliable weapon to defend myself. All the time before that is me grabbing random bits of clothing and food.

It really does take a while. Usually a couple hours to get properly geared. I guess its just from all the traveling on foot which wastes so much time. Then again, sometimes I have some good luck with loot spawning.