Server time: 2017-08-21, 21:50

Sign in to follow this  
Guest neom

Staff recording convos

Do you feel staff should inform you they may record your convos with them   

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel staff should inform you they may record your convos with them

Guest neom   
Guest neom

When staff record convos, do they let the people in the knkw that they are doing so or just recording without the other peoples permission?

I would like to knkw as I don't feel very comfortable talking to staff memebers now if they are going to recording everything without people's consent.

I know it is for the benefit of the community but I just feel a bit iffie about it and would like to know were we stand on it.

DeadKiller    0

What I do Is talk like everyone is recording. In game and TS. If you have to be told not to say something stupid your doing it wrong. IMO.

Brad    155

When staff record convos, do they let the people in the knkw that they are doing so or just recording without the other peoples permission?

I would like to knkw as I don't feel very comfortable talking to staff memebers now if they are going to recording everything without people's consent.

I know it is for the benefit of the community but I just feel a bit iffie about it and would like to know were we stand on it.

I'm pretty sure you can tell when someone is recording as their name turns red and it says "recording" I could be wrong.

Also, when you enter the teamspeak, that is basically your consent to be recorded.

Just as when you play the game, there is a good chance someone out there is recording it as well.

At the end of the day, I would say I've got nothing to hide, so record away!

Guest neom   
Guest neom

I think you guys don't get what I mean,

I have no problem with recording people at all in game for YouTube and that and to help reports, not a single problem.

What I do not like or understand is and if this is what is happening, staff using non ts programs (so there names don't turn red) and jumping in the channel and trying to catch people out,

That's where I feel a line has been crossed.

Not in game not anywhere else

I, for one, don't record because I don't deem it necessary. I get along with most people and I rarely get into heated disagreements where insults start flying. No point in me recording unless there is someone coming into TeamSpeak and causing issues.

I'm sure other Staff members are the same. They only record when it is absolutely necessary.

Rolle    2456

I've never heard of staff members deliberately jumping from channel to channel while recording and trying to catch someone saying bad things.

I know that some staff members record conversations when discussing reports with the accused or interviewing a player of questionable age on TS.

Brad    155

I think you guys don't get what I mean,

I have no problem with recording people at all in game for YouTube and that and to help reports, not a single problem.

What I do not like or understand is and if this is what is happening, staff using non ts programs (so there names don't turn red) and jumping in the channel and trying to catch people out,

That's where I feel a line has been crossed.

Not in game not anywhere else

Honestly, the more help they can get to catch rule breakers the better.

They work hard trying to sift through all the reports, and people are often not very honest. If you are on these servers and the teamspeak, it's fair game.

Rick    19

You shouldn't feel uncomfortable talking to staff if one of us may be recording. We're not trying to pick apart everything said to dig up a ban, and people really shouldn't have anything to hide when talking to staff anyways.

Conversations may be recorded if they involve reports and such, however this isn't done every time, and is only done to ensure that people are held true to their statements. Unless people plan on changing their POV's, there isn't much to worry about.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

You shouldn't feel uncomfortable talking to staff if one of us may be recording. We're not trying to pick apart everything said to dig up a ban, and people really shouldn't have anything to hide when talking to staff anyways.

Conversations may be recorded if they involve reports and such, however this isn't done every time, and is only done to ensure that people are held true to their statements. Unless people plan on changing their POV's, there isn't much to worry about.

If you are recording for a report do you tell the people involved ?

Rick    19

No, there's no need. If you say something, expect to be held accountable for it. It should not matter whether we are recording or not, as everything told to a staff member should be the truth anyways.

Again, we're not fishing for bans here, this is only used to keep people honest to what they say. If somebody in a discussion admits to a KOS, we want it on record that he did, so he can't turn around later and deny it once he realizes what will happen. This is only used to maintain the community rules, nothing more.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

No, there's no need. If you say something, expect to be held accountable for it. It should not matter whether we are recording or not, as everything told to a staff member should be the truth anyways.

Again, we're not fishing for bans here, this is only used to keep people honest to what they say. If somebody in a discussion admits to a KOS, we want it on record that he did, so he can't turn around later and deny it once he realizes what will happen. This is only used to maintain the community rules, nothing more.

But this sort of thing alienates people from staff even more.

I do not feel comfortable being in a room with staff recording me without my permission or them even saying "do you mind if someone records this for a report".

And I find it a little bit odd that staff are doing this, it feels very dishonest to myself and is going a step to far.

I know what I am saying is prob just falling of deaf ears and will be taken lightly so this can just be closed.

I am guessing you are referring to my ban appeal in which a recording was made of someone acting very vulgar and abusive in TS. Of course in these instances or when someone admits to hacking, trolling or being underage we will record as evidence to verdict judgement or to use in a potential ban appeal. You act as if we record everyone we talk to which is pretty silly. We dont sit in TS with our recorders ready for people who wish to talk to us. Its no difference when people record one another when two parties are arguing about an in game event in which one accuses the other of breaking a rule. Im curious as to why when we record someone being vulgar, or admitting to being underage or admitting to hacking is it such a problem? Those are the only instances when we will record.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

I am guessing you are referring to my ban appeal in which a recording was made of someone acting very vulgar and abusive in TS. Of course in these instances or when someone admits to hacking, trolling or being underage we will record as evidence to verdict judgement or to use in a potential ban appeal. You act as if we record everyone we talk to which is pretty silly. We dont sit in TS with our recorders ready for people who wish to talk to us. Its no difference when people record one another when two parties are arguing about an in game event in which one accuses the other of breaking a rule. Im curious as to why when we record someone being vulgar, or admitting to being underage or admitting to hacking is it such a problem? Those are the only instances when we will record.

I think you are taking what I am saying a bit literally, I know staff don't record everyone, I was once staff funnily enough so I know how it works, but The reports I have seen when you guys have recorded said person, they didn't even know they were being recorded that's what's worrying me.

What if staff need to record again will they tell said person, what if people are laughing and joking about and a staff memeber is recording in there without telling them.

It may just be that you guys have to record people but I feel as if you should inform people rather then just recording them,

Denton Fitz    3

Now i'm gonna be honest, I say a lot of dumb things but I say them, if you record me or not I could care less, I feel as if they use it against you then it shouldn't be aloud but at the same time you're going to say what you're going to say, it doesn't matter if the recording is happening, I mean I know some people try and watch themselfs when here being recorded but come on if you say something just understand that what you say is what you say.

Tamaster92    14

OK so what happens when a staff member says "i'm recording you now" and suddenly the person stops doing whatever it was needed to be recorded?

The element of surprise so to speak (terrible way of putting it sorry) is what lets us catch people admitting to things like hacking or KOS. IF we had to warn them they were being recorded they wouldn't admit it.

I agree with Tamaster.

Also, I assume it's more practical for sharing evidence as there needs to be several members of staff to solve a report and re-telling what happend each time can get lengthy and slow down the process.

Roach    1549

I say recording is fine and even without consent for all the reason the mods, devs and admins have spoken of. As a previous admin myself (in another community) for 2 years, I have to say this is a great way to catch some people admitting to some stuff that they would not otherwise if they knew they were recorded.

I'm not opposed at all and think it should continue. Even if they just jump from channel to channel to check the quality of the community TS and make sure everyone is being legit.

I get were the OP is coming from, but this is not a call center, it's a game inside a community you agree to play in and quality control is everything here to ensure that everyone has a great time and respecting the rules.

:) but it's simply my opinion

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Why is this being moved

Owen    13

Why is this being moved

It was moved because there can be more input and ideas rather than a question. You even say in your OP that you want to see how the community stands on it, so why not discuss about this topic as you will get a greater range of views on it this way.

The Clown    1

OH GOD. I'm done for. The things I said while staff members were present, it's been a good run lads, R.I.P.

Seriously though, as long as they keep it the way they have been doing it so far ( according to the staff members' answers so far ) I don't see a problem.

If it actually got to the point where some would join random channels and record the banter just to get someone banned, well, then there wouldn't be many members left to play, cause I know everyone has said questionable things at some point or another, which is fine if you keep it private.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Why is this being moved

It was moved because there can be more input and ideas rather than a question. You even say in your OP that you want to see how the community stands on it, so why not discuss about this topic as you will get a greater range of views on it this way.

But when I asked for it to be solved........

WarMachine    11

Being staff previously, I can say now that not all conversations are recorded. Situations with people suspected underage, trolls, and etc will be recorded. But Neom I can see where you are coming from, people may feel uncomfortable with conversations being recorded and used so other staff can listen to it.

At the end of the day, they are not going to use any of your voice for nothing other than staff use. They will analyze it for cases, and come up with a proper judgement depending on the case. But a suggestion may be perhaps telling them at the end of conversations what is done with this recording so they have some light on whats going to happen?

But for right now maybe keeping it secret is fine, people who do not know you are recording will usually say something they wouldn't if they know an indivdual is recording. But as I said, maybe inform the person that the conversation is recording at the end and explain why.

Josh    37

Why is this being moved

But when I asked for it to be solved........

It will be an ongoing discussion now, which i think is important because we want as many people to give their opinions on this matter as possible.

To be honest this thread will get more exposure in general discussions than if it was in questions.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Be on your best behavior and you have nothing to worry about. Honestly, i isn't that hard.