Server time: 2017-08-24, 07:00

Sign in to follow this  
Exile89

Why Did We Change ALL of the Servers to SA?

Exile89    0

I honestly don't understand what makes the SA more appealing than the mod, for several reasons. The main one being that it is unfinished, prone to numerous bugs and glitches and whatnot, and the connection issues, oh my fucking god. We had much fewer of all of the above things in the mod, primarily because it had been out for much longer, and most of the major issues have been worked out. Not that I don't enjoy the added mechanics of the SA, I do, but it's just not playable in it's current state.

Now, I've since learned that I'll not lose my character if I don't instantly relog after a crash, but the fact that these crashes happen so often in the first place, not to mention the fact that desync is goddamned atrotious (I actually just left one of the servers because I've been trying to take out my weapon for five straight minutes, and to no avail. Furthermore, I fear that once I log back in, my character will have been beaten to shit by a bunch of zombies that I never saw, because fucking server.) I can understand why we'd have one SA server. It does have a lot of draw, but why did we completely ditch the mod when it is far more functional than the SA in terms of stability and lack of bugs, not to mention the fact that IT CAN BE MODDED.

The SA would be a great game to use for DayZRP, but it's not finished, and it can't be modded by the community, at least not yet. I don't understand why we couldn't have waited until there was a bit more functionality before making the change. And before anyone says "But everyone supported making the change," I did not. I supported having a separate server for the SA, but I never wanted to leave the mod. That was actually one of the reasons I joined this community in the first place, is because it used the mod. I like the mod far better than the SA, the main reason being that IT FUNCTIONS PROPERLY. I almost find the SA unplayable in it's current state, where I have to worry about zombies magically teleporting on top of me and having apparently bitchslapped me ten fucking times, a problem which I haven't encountered in the mod in a long time. Worse yet is the fact that I have to relog at least once every half hour because I'm desyncing so hardcore that I can't holster or unholster my weapon (case in point above).

I won't leave the community, but I feel like I'd be betraying myself if I didn't voice my disapproval of this decision. I know I'm probably late to the hate party, but that's also because I haven't played in a while, specifically because, you guessed it, I don't like the SA. I'm sure the SA will be great once it's finished, but until then, I just can't enjoy it's extra features until it's lack of functionality stops detracting from it.

Edit: Oh look, my shit got ruined AGAIN because the zombie I was fighting kept glitching all over the place.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Same rehashed complaint thread about SA.

We're not switching back, just going to have to power through it.

Exile89    0

I wouldn't mind the difficulty of it if I didn't have to worry about glitchiness and shit alongside that.

And seriously? That's it? Not even a "Yeah, you have good points"? What's with all the stigma against going back to the mod?

I understand completely what you go through, I deal with it along with a machine that has a processor dayZ just doesn't like much. But I also understand that dayZ mod wasn't created, operational, stable, and enjoyable in one day. The same will apply to SA, eventually it will get better. I've accepted the sad depressing fact that my characters life expectancy is 2 hrs due to the well evolved teleporting transparent zombies.

I wouldn't mind the difficulty of it if I didn't have to worry about glitchiness and shit alongside that.

And seriously? That's it? Not even a "Yeah, you have good points"? What's with all the stigma against going back to the mod?

I think the problem is this topic is beat to death. There was no traffic on the mod any longer. It wasn't that the staff just pulled the plug, there wasn't many people playing.

Exile89    0

I think the problem is this topic is beat to death. There was no traffic on the mod any longer. It wasn't that the staff just pulled the plug, there wasn't many people playing.

Another thing which I completely fail to understand, but hey, I can't change how people feel. Fair enough.

As Whiskey has stated, once we opened the SA server the majority of the community migrated away from the mod. There was no use paying for a server that no one played on and besides SA is more immersive then the mod ever was and it has so much more potential. The staff team even tried restoring interest in the mod by switching to Namalsk yet only a handful of people played and then no one played. I am sorry you feel that way about SA but as of right now this is what the community prefers, at least the majority of it.

Rolle    2473

Only one reason why we switched:

People didn't want to play the mod

People do want to play Standalone

That's a pretty good reason, regardless in what state the game is. And like some above said, we did offer a transition period with both SA and mod/Epoch servers running, but it didn't work out.

SA is fun, and will be more fun when loggs come. Once we have that security to get rid of rulebreakers it will be so much more enjoyable to play. Until then we kind of have to work with what we have.

People didn't want to play the mod

No one wanted to play the mod because it got broken it lost its touch because of this and drove people away.

The mod just wore out over time. While most people still enjoyed playing it, Standalone brought a breath of fresh air into a place that was slowly going stale and repetative. After the launch of the Standalone servers, everyone wanted to play on them to get away from the usual Mod routine andvseeing as Standalone (as stated by people before me) has so much more potential then the mod had, it got decided that we'd switch to Standalone entirely.

Which is fine with me, really. Standalone is still being developed and/or worked on by more than just a couple of modders, while the mod was exhausting its options in terms of flexibility. It's been a switch that was going to happen regardless and I'm kind of glad it happened quick.

Terra    1374

"I know I'm probably late to the hate party" But there is no hate party and yes, you are late.

There is also this thread: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-bring-back-the-dzrp-mod

I am unsure if we need more threads.

In the End of the day you have to face the fact that no one played the mod anymore as soon as the SA server were there.

We moved on. Which I think is a good thing to do.

I hated SA with passion. I tried it. Now I love it. SA is full of annoying bugs, so was the mod. Nothing changed on that.

Tamaster92    14

Because we have 3 full SA servers and our one mod server had like 20 players.

Though yes, bugs and glitches and KOS (which will soon be fixed) is VERY annoying. But the positives far outweigh those negatives personally.

Also anyone who calls DayZ "unplayable" clearly doesn't know what playable means :D

Owen    13

In all fairness the mod was reaching the end of its life and we tried to pre-long it as best as we could. Now with SA it has far more options and features which were suggested in the mod.

Furthermore now people come here to enjoy the SA and the community. Also the content is ever expanding as well which is a nice little addition.

Davos    5

Trust me, I wish I had been around for the mod, I really do, but I was introduced to SA first, and because of that I am rather stuck on it. The idea of having clan uniforms, being able to have large scale battles, not to mention dozens of vehicles, weapons, and equipment options. It all sounded great. But in all honesty, if you watched the graph for the server while it was up, like I did, wishing that I could get onto one of the servers. No one really used it anymore. I mean like it was pretty much dead all the time. Why would they waste money on a server that no one really used anymore? For a game that had a newer version out already?

I'm not saying that your points aren't valid, or even valued, but it wasn't worth it for the same fifteen people to play it every day, when those people probably don't even donate. And even if they did, monthly, it was a server being wasted because it didn't add up.