Server time: 2017-10-21, 23:23
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DMHemmi1

combat log?

Question

Guest DMHemmi1   
Guest DMHemmi1

Alright so i had just robbed someone in Vybor military, And i was completly lagging out, so i stop the robbery and atteempt to make my way to a safe place to log out, I come across a russian man and he asks me what is up and hee cant hear me talk cause of lag. i say "//ooc gonna log out too laggy" So as I am in the process of getting ready to log out, th seecondd before I press exit i hear shots ring out my way. Is this combat logging? if so if the fireefight ensued i wouldve lost because of the amount of sheer lag i had

7 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Well if you didn't loose LoS and didn't wait the 15 minutes, then yeah its combat logging.

On top of that, when you were logging out and started taking shots, you should have not logged and stayed in-game.

You should have atleast told the person you robbed OOC you have to go.

On its face, it was combat logging. However, if your lag was really that terrible, what unfortunate timing that it happened right after you robbed someone.

If you canceled the robbery before stealing anything, that at least speaks in your favor. It's still combat logging, but I can see the victims giving you a break if you actually had a legitimate technical difficulty that made playing at the moment impossible.

That's the sort of thing that the staff will let slide as long as the other players involved don't pursue a report against you, or if you talk it out and sort things yourself.

Cid    333

Yes, this would indeed be known as combat logging. After being apart of a hostile interaction, like you initiating on someone, you must break LoS (line of sight) of those involved for 15 minutes before logging out. If anything you should have ran away from the situation and waited the 15 minutes before logging out.

You going OOC in spirit was alright in my opinion, but you should have told the person you were robbing about it instead of the other man that you ran into.

IAmJackBandit    80

Here's the answer to your question right here:

Yes, this would indeed be known as combat logging. After being apart of a hostile interaction, like you initiating on someone, you must break LoS (line of sight) of those involved for 15 minutes before logging out. If anything you should have ran away from the situation and waited the 15 minutes before logging out.

You going OOC in spirit was alright in my opinion, but you should have told the person you were robbing about it instead of the other man that you ran into.

/solving

Guest DMHemmi1   
Guest DMHemmi1

On its face, it was combat logging. However, if your lag was really that terrible, what unfortunate timing that it happened right after you robbed someone.

If you canceled the robbery before stealing anything, that at least speaks in your favor. It's still combat logging, but I can see the victims giving you a break if you actually had a legitimate technical difficulty that made playing at the moment impossible.

That's the sort of thing that the staff will let slide as long as the other players involved don't pursue a report against you, or if you talk it out and sort things yourself.

I told him to put his hands up and drop his stuff I didn't take anything or even look at what he had I decided to leave right aeay