Server time (UTC): 2021-10-20 07:28

Introduction and white list application text

Guest joaquin

Guest joaquin

Hi everybody,

My name's Joaquin. I just finished my white list application and hasn't been approved yet but I wanted to share it here and let me know what you think.

My character's BG:

You can call me Joa-q , I was a computer programmer at a big software company in Berezino when all this happened. I had all I wanted and now nothing at all.

That day I was at the downtown market buying baby formula when it all started and before I could get back home the streets were in chaos. People looting and the rest trying to escape.

After 10 minutes of non-stop running I arrived to an empty home. Marissa, my wife, was nowhere to be found. She fled on time with the baby because shee took the baby bag and half of our non-perishables.

The news channels, before the power went out, kept saying that there was a cure and that the government would issue vaccines soon. I waited 2 weeks for the vaccine to arrive and for my family to come back. Bureocracy turned hope into a massive graveyard; a walking graveyard.

Now I'll make my way as fast as I can to my mother-in-law's home in Gvozdno (I never thought I'd say that), I hope the smaller towns in the countryside were better at keeping the order... I hope.

About me:

I'm a computer engineer (oh surprise :P) that when gets home likes to play games or tinker with code. Traditionally it has been the latter and gaming has been very casual. For that reason I'm not the best at DayZ by any means but I'm very respectful and like to be respected too (i.e. not be killed without a chance of talking it through).

Even though DayZ can be nerve racking by itself, I love the idea of acting out a story and getting attached to your character. Seen all the highs and lows as the time goes by.

-----------

I used to belong to a theater group and haven't done any kind of RP since so I have high hopes.

Cheers

J

Guest joaquin

Thanks Sky.

I did ask a Q in my application.

What is the expected behavior if the character dies? I read the rules:

Follow the NLR, death of your character makes any previous contacts/gear and knowledge void.

This makes sense to me from the standpoint of the character, as if it was reborn to it's initial state. But from the point of view of the player and your relationships to other players on the server how does it work? If I eventually join a clan and subsequently die, how can my relationship to that clan reset?

Maybe a "voice" (teamspeak) guided me to this group that openly received me? :P

Guest John Vilikov

No, it would not, you just wouldent know where you died or anything similar! If you are Looking for a Clan, you can chekc out Clan Recruitment and look for a group that fits your play style! I am in 7th Special Forces and we play with Military Style while still having alot of fun. If thats not for you, try one of the other Clans out there! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask here!

Guest joaquin

Thanks Chill,

Because of the background of my character I'll just wander around looking and surviving and if it happens naturally I'll join a clan. Maybe when I get tired of dying or lone wolfing I'll look for one.

I will consider the 7th Special Forces then!

• MVP

Welcome to the server!

Usually, I write a big text but the replies above me covered everything I had to write. (still love you guys, haha)

If you need anything, don't hesitate to send me a PM!

Stay safe and hope to see you soon in-game!

• MVP

Thanks Sky.

I did ask a Q in my application.

What is the expected behavior if the character dies? I read the rules:

Follow the NLR, death of your character makes any previous contacts/gear and knowledge void.

This makes sense to me from the standpoint of the character, as if it was reborn to it's initial state. But from the point of view of the player and your relationships to other players on the server how does it work? If I eventually join a clan and subsequently die, how can my relationship to that clan reset?

Maybe a "voice" (teamspeak) guided me to this group that openly received me? :P

No problem. To answer your question; the NLR is in place to stop people from doing things like rejoining fire fights and finding/looting their own corpses and such. This way, if you are killed, you have a fresh start, and aren't able to claim ownership to items/vehicles that previously belonged to you. A better way to think of the NLR is enforced memory loss of the last few hours.

As far as the RP side of it goes, its not enforced to the extremity that you mentioned. People are fine to carry on their personal relationships with other plans and clans.

You can choose to have your RP character 'die' upon death if you wish, but this isn't compulsory. For example, my character doesn't die, he just reawakens at a random location with short term memory loss.

Hey man and welcome to DayZRP. Your idea and backstory are great. CSR looks to fit your needs a little more than the 7th. We help out people rob bandits and wander. We love to RP and we could use a person with your technical skills for our PSAs RP. Look at our thread under my name or PM me. Welcome and if you have any questions feel free to ask.