Server time: 2017-10-22, 00:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
jiggyfly

I'm stressed when I play DayZRP due to the rules

Question

jiggyfly    0

I really enjoy playing this game. It's incredible, and we all know that.

I have a problem, though. I get stressed every time I see a player because I know I'm going to RP with them and have dialogue. But through each player interaction leaves little cracks I can fall through to get banned for 3-5 days, i.e. accidentally typing OOC without "//" , having an open mic, etc. Something as painless as omitting "//" in the text won't destroy anyone's roleplay (at least for me), but I have seen people report others for the smallest "crack" in the player interaction that leaves people feeling resentful for having even playing the game.

Here's my question: is there any leniency whatsoever? I have seen threads on metagaming with cannibalism, which was a controversial issue to say the least, but I never would have thought of it in-game during a real-time player interaction if I hadn't seen that thread before. There are certain rules I have seen broken, with minute conflicts in the roleplay, that have resulted in a person getting banned for 3 days.

I just want to make sure that while I'm playing the game, I shouldn't need to stress about each player interaction, because I like this roleplay. I feel like I am waiting for the day where I make an uh-oh and then I'm banned.

13 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Of course there is some lienceny, and if you do somehow get reported, most people are pretty forgiving. Forgive and forget.

Just gotta watch what your doing, calm down, and just act normal. Beleive me, whenever I get into a firefight, and I see an enemy or something, I get really stressed to make sure I don't get banned.

Its been going good though, I have yet to ever actually be banned for breaking any rules. Not saying I haven't been reported though, but I usually just say my apologies and they close it.

Bryce_    1

You'll get over it soon. I use to get so stressed I almost sounded like a robot. So keen on making sure I don't do anything wrong, I don't mess up. Hell, I'm still like that sometimes. Just play a good number of hours and it'll go away. Also, at least for me, I'm pretty flexible. Couple mistakes from a new guy won't make me report them.

Vapor    0

The rules are in place to help you. Not for you to worry about them so much. Just keep doing what you're doing and not worry. If you do get into some trouble, just explain your situation the best you can, the big guys upstairs are pretty forgiving.

I get you man, i feel its really good that you are worried about breaking rules. And dont worry you wont be banned from accidentaly having an open mic a few times. Tips to not get banned however: dont type as much OOC if you dont have to, it can always be avoided by playing it out IC. Also if you think you have the right to shoot someone then dont. If in doubt dont do it as it could save you from a Mis-ID

Yeah, I know there are a lot of rules, but seriously? There are only three basic rules you need to follow to avoid actually getting banned on DayZRP.

1. Stay in character.

2. Don't shoot someone unless they make a clear hostile action against you.

3. Don't be a cunt.

I was with a group of people that got reported and whined at with nearly every interaction we had, it is something you will have to deal with because people will report you just because they can and some even do it just to hassle people even if you have done nothing wrong. Best thing to do is keep ya head up and not break rules and you are set to go.

Cid    333

As a lot of people in this thread have stated, there is certainly leniency with the rules. If a report discussion is up, you must remember that it is just a discussion and as long as you are talking things out in a calm manner people are very forgiving for such minor mistakes. The roleplay environment is very different and getting used to things such as making messages OOC whether it is using // or (OOC} before the message are very minor mistakes that most people don't report for unless you are frequently doing such.

Just stay in character, if you are afraid you might be doing could break the rules just don't do it unless you are sure you are doing it correctly whether it be something small as OOC messages or robbing someone correctly. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you need to, like this question thread here.

Do you feel like your questions have been answered?

Mikachu    26

Glad to hear it. I hope that you aren't too stressed while playing, it is afterall meant to be played for fun. :)

/solved

I used to get stressed alot more than i do

now. Just the other day I killed a robber and i was so scarred even though it was a valid kill. I found that recording when i meet others helped me a little and just finding put how cool the admins really are about things. so just relax if your stressing your RP will plummet so just stay calm and just follow your gut. Hope this helped.

Brad    158

--snip--

DayZ is just one of those games that gets the heart going regularly. Add elements of roleplay where you really need to think it through, and it's even more so.

The rules are there to protect, just do your thing and play it like every life is valuable and you'll be fine.

Nagita    0

You know, you don't have to be that's stressed. If you provide good RP, staying in character, and respect fundamentals like no KOS, no trolling, or anything like these easy to avoid, people won't paid too much attention on your weaks sides. Don't believe people make a report when someone makes a mistake, that is not true. Just provide the best RP you can, and everything will be alright for you. :)

markabeast    0

I can relate to this. I myself just got whitelisted. Kinda nervous to see how my first time goes!