Server time: 2017-10-23, 17:06
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

Queues

Question

Eagle    409

When modding will be allowed for the Devs on in this community on the Dayz Standalone Servers will they be able to put in queues for the server so you don't have to wait 1-10 minutes to get on a server when it is at its fullest?

11 answers to this question

Roman    0

But the spamming get's everyone an equal chance to get in.

Can you imagine being nr.50 in cue and it drops out about 1 player every 10 min?

Eagle    409

i would rather have a solid spot then spamming the hell out off a server just to mabe get in since some times you get that stupid fake joining thing were a picture is stuck on for few seconds allowing the people that just started spamming to get in

I disagree and if you really have that much of a problem with it you can join after a restart or join the first person server which is most often not full. I agree with DJefvul its fair this way.

Chris    63

But the spamming get's everyone an equal chance to get in.

Can you imagine being nr.50 in cue and it drops out about 1 player every 10 min?

Spamming to get in can also act like a DDOS and fsk the server :D

Voodoo    492

You have to remember that modding is a long way down the line but with a new renderer to be added soon (according to the dayz devs) you should hopefully see better performance and the possibility of more slots available.

Brabbzy    0

I'd personally agree that a queue system is more fair than spamming. The same amount of slots will become free over a set period regardless of the joining system, and a queue system means the people who've waited the longest get in first. Sure, you could join a queue of 5 and someone leaves the server every 10 minutes, so play something else and keep checking back. You could just as easily sit there spamming for hours on end because people keep getting infront of you by a split second. Still, as has already been said, it's a long way off, but a valid topic for discussion, even at this stage.

Lil_Beefy    0

It wouldn't work, people would lose interest in the game because they cannot enter the server and we would have more forum troubles with people making rant posts about it.

Do you feel your question has been answered?

Eagle    409

Yes thank you you can close it

Mikachu    26

I will point out that the devs are currently thinking about adding a queue system officially so we may not even have to :)

Eagle    409

I will point out that the devs are currently thinking about adding a queue system officially so we may not even have to :)

awsome this can be closed now that i have gotten a answer from a dev :)