Server time: 2017-10-18, 22:18
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Dew

need to make sure everything is ok

Question

Dew    419

Hey guys this is my third application and im praying that I get in with this one, I was just wondering if any one of you lovely forum memebers can check to see if I have answer my NLR and KoS questions right!

NLR question:NLR stands for New Life Rule. The New Life Rule means that if you die you cannot run back and get your gear, you re-spawn and don't remember anything leading up to your death, you do remember your friends, group, enemies, and others that you met before the event that caused your death. You cannot go back to the area you died for 90 minutes or go within a 1km radius of the area you died, after the hour and a half or more are up then you are aloud to go back to that place. You also cannot tell your friend or who ever you were playing with where you died or where they can go to retrieve the gear from your dead body. If there is a server restart you are not aloud to go back to the place you died even if the server restarted. This means that the Server does not effect the NLR time. You are not aloud to get your payback on the person(s) that killed you, remember you were killed and lost the memory that lead to your death so you have no clue that you even died. You cannot tell your friends that "those guys killed me" or that "Someone avenge my death these players named _________ Killed me, They are in ________ or at __________. You also cannot use things people have said externally, such as forums teamspeak, or even skype if you are playing with a group of friends on the server and communicating through that. If you are on teamspeak and you die while on teamspeak or skype etc, you cannot blurt out where you died or how you died or where the person was when they killed you, REMEMBER ONCE YOU DIE YOU DON'T REMEMBER WHAT LED TO YOUR DEATH. also you cannot give any information about where you are or where your killer or is while you are handcuffed, or have surrendered.

KoS question:KoS stands for Killing on Sight. Killing on sight is when you kill someone right when you see them, you don't talk to them or hold them up are have a legible reason to kill them. a illegible reason would be, "He/She was wearing blue" or "He said a bad word", those are just examples they are not limited too. You have to make contact with the person(s) before you do anything hostile with them, after that you may state what your intentions are with the person(s) . If you are attempting to rob the person you must rob them and leave them alive and with chances of survival. You can take revenge on the player as long as the player leaves you alive and you have waited atleast 2 hours or more and as long as it does not interfere with any of the other rules. For example someone is a bandit and they are robbing you, they will have to hold you up but cannot kill you unless they have asked you to do something like drop on the ground or drop your bag, if you do not comply then they can take hostile force by either shooting you in the leg or something along those lines, may be even kill you if you start running away. They will protect you from Zombies, and they will make sure you stay healthy and leave you with chances of survival. After they have you left you must wait at least 2 hours to go and look for the person for your revenge, once again as long as it does not interfere with other rules that have been set. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT PERSON, confirm his or her identity before doing anything hostile. you are not aloud to bait others into making it so that you can have your payback for things that they did that you tricked them into to doing. Also you are not aloud to tell others that someone has hurt or killed you without that actually happening and they never did anything to you. You can only share KoS rights if, you are within a 500 meter radius of a hostile situation going on, and you are apart of either one of the parties that are having the hostile situation. If you are in a vehicle during a hostile situation, you must use voice and text chat so no one misunderstands.

any feedback or tweaks I should make will be much appreciated, and while im here you can read my character backroud since I think its pretty cool!

Character:My man? His name is Dew. Dew has realized that there's not hope left, he knows that there is not "cure" that everyone is just flipping out about this new "cure" that is gonna be almost completed to set back things into normal. Well shit Dew was an intelligent and successful business man who owned a chain of gas stations throughout the Chernarus, he basically controlled the gas industry. Every gas station you saw was owned by him. Then the infection broke out and he lived in the city of Cherno in a Hotel building on the top floor. Dew was just trying to stay alive he had enough supplies up there to last him about a year, so what did he do he cut the elevator line that lead to the top floor and stacked all the materials he had that weighed over 150 pounds, such as refrigerators cabins heavy duty closet doors, and even a T.V. Dew was safe up there for about 4 months looking over the city watching it become ruined, watching survivors getting mauled, people killing people and so on. then up out of no where a plane, like a plane that fly's in the air crashes in the side of the hotel building BOOM! Dew wakes up about 2 days later covered in ruble,brouses, and blood. What can he do now, Survive. he goes on living survivng day by day collecting food water clothes and most of all collecting GUNS. He knows people need them to survive and what does he do for a good 2 months, LOOK FOR GUNS. Dew uses his business leader skills from the past to help him survive and make alliances with people he trades his weapons with. He then moves on to trading medical supplies, Food, Liquids, Beverages all the way up to even trading simple hammers. With his new found alliances he has learned how to use the guns he finds and he has damn good aim. So Dew becomes known around Chernarus as the trader you don't wanna cross because you might be able to scam him once maybe even twice, but he will get you in the midst of the night as there's DEW on the grass, Dew will get you.

Once again any feedback or tweaks I should make will be much appreciated!

3 answers to this question

Toska    0

So, yeah. You asked and shall receive:

- check for grammar. Some parts need a second read through.

- Don't use caps. At least I don't suggest it.

- Reread the revenge part in the rules. You should be able to figure out the mistake you made there.

- Check for redundance. There's no need to repeat things mutliple times. When explaining things in general go for this:

- topic

- explanation

- example

This works with every kind of thing you'll ever need to explain. This structures the text and makes things clearer.

That's all I can think of right now. Good luck on your application, dude.

Hopefully we'll see soon in the wastelands! :)

Lil_Beefy    0

Let us know how it goes for you.

In the mean time I'll solve this since you seem satisfied with your answer.

Good luck!

/solving