Server time: 2017-08-16, 13:23

Sign in to follow this  
DrGrim_PhD

Last whitelist app got rejected. Anyone have any tips on new one?

Question

DrGrim_PhD    0

EDIT2: Already submitted it, but feel free to leave some opinions below of what I could've done to make it better.

Reason for rejected app: "NLR is missing full cool down timer detail. KOS is missing revenge timer detail as well as hostage care details and group/shared KOS rights"

New App below

What is NLR and how does it work on DayZRP?

The New Life Rule is when your character has lost all memories leading up to his/her previous death. You can retain the knowledge of your friends, groups, or even enemies however, you are unable to return to your body, or the area around 1km of where you previously died for at least 90 minutes. The 90 minute timer can not be lifted whatsoever, meaning if a server restart happens, the timer does not disappear though your body might have. If for some reason you have re-spawned near where you have died, get out of the area, you are not allowed to go and get any gear from your body, or any of the bodies that were involved in the events leading to your death. Due to this being a "New Life" rule, you are not justified to get revenge on the person, or people, who may have resulted in your death. Your character is unable to remember them, that means you should forget about any sense of revenge you might have towards them. If you come across another player (or even your friends) after you have re-spawned, you are unable to tell them where you died, how you died, or who killed you. Your character does not remember any of that, and neither should you.

What is KoS and how does KoS rule work on DayZRP?

Killing on sight isn't new to anyone, however it is strictly forbidden on the RP servers. If you wish to kill another player you must be able to justify it by role playing and it can be done with some of the situations below:

1. If you wish you kill another player, you MUST make contact with them before you do anything that can be seen as hostile. You will have to make sure they understand that they are in a hostile situation and it needs to be clear enough that they know their character is in danger. You will need to state each command before you do any harm to the target(s) for them being non-compliant.

2. If you want revenge for someone committing an act of aggression towards you, you must do it within 2 hours. It must not conflict with any other rules in any manner though.

3. Sharing KoS rights is only possible when you are within 500 meters of the hostile situation, and you were a part of the group involved.

If someone is in control of their target's freedom, they must do everything they can to keep that person alive and in decent health, unless they have a justifiable in character reason to kill them. The only other reason they are able to kill their intended target is if they do not listen to demands made, or if they pose a direct threat to them.

Character Backstory

During the conflict in 2009, Dale Rao, a combat medic with little combat experience, was deployed to Chernarus with his platoon to help keep the peace in the northern part of the country. It was there that he met a Ms. Angela Kliovich in the village of Turovo. He first saw her after she was rescued from a burning building set ablaze by a small group of protesters against the US' involvement in the country. As he and his platoon were calming the people and trying to evacuate everyone before the fire spread, he was approached by a man carrying a young woman, begging him to treat her wounds.

In the days following he would continue to treat her as his platoon pressed on inland without him, against his Sergeant's orders. Shortly after the conflict ended, his platoon had reported him AWOL. He was never found by US forces due to the Chernarussian government urging of the US to leave the country, before the populace would riot in larger numbers in opposition of the US intruding further.

In the years that followed, Dale and Angela would move west to the town of Toploniki, would settle down, and start a small family. During the initial outbreak of the infection, Dale shrugged off any signs of worry reassuring his family that everything was going to be fine within a week or two. By the end of the fourth week however, his family was dead and his home in ruin. His 2 children killed by a reckless driver trying to flee the country to escape the chaos, and his wife, overcome with grief, committed suicide in the children's bedroom a few days later.

Dale's will to survive was dwindling,he burned his home to the ground, as well as purchased a gun from a nearby black market dealer who was determined to turn profit in all of the chaos in the country. As he proceeded back to the remains of his home to end his life, a crazed man attacked him, trying to bite at his face, Dale retaliated by pushing the man against the wall, and shooting him in the head. Dale stood in wonder as to why he killed a man who could've killed him, when he realized that even though he had lost everything, maybe he would still be needed by the people around him. He proceeded to attempt to help anyone in the area with supply rationing, and providing shelter in one of the now abandoned buildings.

All of his efforts, however, were in vain due to a single man who approached the shelter, seemingly wounded, and after being brought inside was revealed to be a bandit. The bandit's small group had surrounded the building and would start raiding the supplies and slaughtering the people within. Dale pleaded with them to stop, to which they replied with a hit to the back of his head with the butt of a rifle. Dale awoke many hours later, unsure as to why these men would let him live while killing the rest, but he did not waste time. Still haunted by the memories of his recently deceased family, as well as the regret of never saying goodbye to everyone he once knew, he set out with nothing but the clothes on his back. Turning to the east, he would be looking for any survivors, even one he could possibly call, "friend".

EDIT: Changed title, didn't seem like a question to me.

7 answers to this question

I suggest adding 1-2 examples of how NLR or KoS could happen in-game and how you can avoid getting into trouble regarding those rules.

DrGrim_PhD    0

I suggest adding 1-2 examples of how NLR or KoS could happen in-game and how you can avoid getting into trouble regarding those rules.

Unfortunately I already submitted it, I had a few people I know look at it and asked for their opinions since I wasn't getting any responses here and patience isn't one of my strong suits. Hopefully it's decent enough that it becomes approved, if not though, it's fine, I'll still have 1 last chance I guess. I'll be sure to take your advice if I need to though so thank you. :)

Unfortunately I already submitted it, I had a few people I know look at it and asked for their opinions since I wasn't getting any responses here and patience isn't one of my strong suits. Hopefully it's decent enough that it becomes approved, if not though, it's fine, I'll still have 1 last chance I guess. I'll be sure to take your advice if I need to though so thank you. :)

Hey. You should take your time and be patient. If you rush into things, you are going to be getting frustrated as to why you weren't accepted. So, be patient, review your application a couple times, see what can be fixed and then ask for an opinion.

But like Sung said.

DrGrim_PhD    0

Hey. You should take your time and be patient. If you rush into things, you are going to be getting frustrated as to why you weren't accepted. So, be patient, review your application a couple times, see what can be fixed and then ask for an opinion.

But like Sung said.

I honestly didn't rush this second one, I wanted some opinions before I submitted it, I got some from people I know. I put it here first to see if I could get some opinions from the community, but after a few hours with no responses (and almost closing out the app tab accidentally a few times) I just gave in and hit submit.

But like Sung said.

I honestly didn't rush this second one, I wanted some opinions before I submitted it, I got some from people I know. I put it here first to see if I could get some opinions from the community, but after a few hours with no responses (and almost closing out the app tab accidentally a few times) I just gave in and hit submit.

That's how things are. You can't expect an answer right away. Just keep waiting, if no one answers your question within a day, just bump your question someone will answer you. But anyways good luck on the application.

DrGrim_PhD    0

That's how things are. You can't expect an answer right away. Just keep waiting, if no one answers your question within a day, just bump your question someone will answer you. But anyways good luck on the application.

It's understandable I suppose, but it's all in the past now. If worse comes to worse, I'll spend a couple days on a final app, get some opinions, then maybe after a week or so I'll submit it. Either way, thanks for your input man.

Shiro    118

Good to see that you are so busy with it DrGrim, I believe you will accepted! have faith and goodluck :)

Marked as solved.