Server time: 2017-08-23, 15:50

Sign in to follow this  
G-Webz

What not to do in DayZ - Written from experience.

G-Webz    0

Tell us how things went wrong in your DayZ shennanegins here a recent one of mine!

So I was in a very full server, 50 players or so, and i had been doing well, finally managed to craft a stone knife, had found a military backpack, an axe, food, drink and other survival essentials along with a shotgun with 10 shells of ammo. I'd moved off into the hills and found a boar! I shot it and skinned it to get its precious meat, by this point all my food had gone and i was extremely hungry. I went about making a fire and not hunted or cooked anything in this game before was eager to try it out!

I put 4/6 boar steaks on the fire and was waiting around for agesss. Finally the first steak had changed to 'cooked' status but to my horror I couldnt take it out of the fire and into my backpack! I couldn't understand what was happening, my hunger level had dipped to starving and thats when the message of no signal recieved appeared... the server had restarted.

When i finally got back into the game I was pondering about making a bow as i hadn't done it before, finally discovering which trees are ash trees I acquired an ash stick and I headed of to a nearby village for rope and feathers to make arrow. I found rope in a shed and dumped my shotty to switch it out for my brand spanking new hand crafted bow! I found a chicken coop and scavenged many a feather, and I also found burlap which I cut into strips and for the first time ever crafted a ghillie hood!

I was sat in a hedge crafting arrows when along came a fresh spawn with a shotgun. I shouted "friendly!" as he circled round and shot me point blank with my own shotgun.

Lesson to be learned is not to dump a loaded weapon and hang around the area =/

Owen    13

/moving to standalone discussion

Walking up in fire stations is lethal most of the time.

you forgot posting MLG Videos you can apprently get banned for that

Bugeye    0

I was sat in a hedge crafting arrows when along came a fresh spawn with a shotgun. I shouted "friendly!" as he circled round and shot me point blank with my own shotgun.

Sounds like a blatant case of KOS. Did you happen to get any screen shots, video or a list of player names at the time?

Nagita    0

- Don't leave loaded weapons on the ground

- Avoid ladders on hospital and firemen buildings

- Running away from group of people who directly claim a friendly status (that's usualy bandits setting up their robbery on you!)

- Stay away from V3Ses path (yeah, I tried to force someone to stop once, by putting myself in the middle of the road...)

Kunai    0

Take the rain and your body temperature seriously.

I've been running around in the rain while i was already having the "shaking" status effect.

So i was forced to make a fire as it got so bad that i had the Hypothermia status effect and my vision started to get blurry.

Though, at that time i was in the middle of Cherno, no where around trees.

My last option was running in front the Cherno city hall, where i found a line of thin trees. I started chopping one down in total panic, throwing literally half of my inventory out for some firewood.

My vision got completely blurry by this point and i had to make the fire in the middle of the city hall. Yes. That huge hall. In the middle of it.

After a few minutes of laying by the fireplace people started shooting. I shot back. I don't know where i was shooting, but i shot back.

Eventually they realized i didn't really have a clue what was going on and rushed my down with a shotgun.

Wear a jacket, kids.

-snip-

Sadly, I've never had the opportunity to craft a bow, myself. It seems very tedious, but I supposed it's better than nothing if you're going to go hunting! Funny story, anyway.

-User was warned for this post-

Ooh, someone's bitter!

Genuinely am not even gonna hide it

Solace    0

Another quick rule.. Well that's life rule number one, after all.. never go full retard, but DayZ has been always a shady place.. never trust anyone.. fully.

Sadly this is how you survive.. well, in addition to the whole basics, written above.

Even tho, this is just a game, I think, the deadliest above all in a zombie apocalypse, is the human after all.

btw, whats wrong with MLG videos?

Subso    0

Dont insult people.

It really really really can get you into bad situations.

G-Webz    0

Sounds like a blatant case of KOS. Did you happen to get any screen shots, video or a list of player names at the time?

it was in a pub server! don't worry! i'm not yet whitelisted for the sanctuary of DayZRP! ;)

Ooh, someone's bitter!

Genuinely am not even gonna hide it

yeah what is wrong with posting MLG videos btw and im noob so just to confirm MLG = Major league Gaming? (that's what i know it as from COD MW2 days)