Server time: 2017-10-19, 14:54
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Pegasi

Eating in Standalone?

Question

Pegasi    0

Not sure why, but my character is still starving quickly despite stuffing his fat face with like 7 vegetables within a very short period of time. Is the hunger system broken or does my guy hate vegetables or something?

9 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Its the hunger system, because... alpha.

Owen    14

/moving to questions

Eating vegetables gives you very little energy unless eaten in large quantities. 7 is no way near enough to be full up and healthy. You have to eat either tinned food or meat if you wish not to get hungry over pre-longed periods.

Masulii    25

It all depends on what you eat. If you only eat vegetables, it doesn't give you much energy but when you eat something like a can of peaches (which is quite a lot), it energizes you more.

The food that you eat is that matters (cans of food and meat is really good as they energize you well)

Also, if you run around (sprint), it makes you hungry really fast because you are using that energy.

Do these replies answer to your question?

Nagita    0

Yeah, being stuffed doesn't specially means that you're energized.

Let's take the perfect example : the pumpkin. Lots of people like pumpkin because they stuffed you when eating a whole one. But that doesn't give enough energy to put you in light green "Energized" status. With a bit of test, in termes of energy, a pumpkin is as efficient as 2 canned peaches. But before you get stuffed, you can easily eat half of a dozen canned peaches while you're full in one pumpkin.

Davos    5

Trust me, I ate twenty apples in a row before and was still hungry. It will stave off death for a while, but you end up farming for a while. Check the dayz wiki for what energy and stuff certain foods provide. Deer and boar are the two best.

As others have stated, vegetables don't provide much in the way of food energy. Just like in real life, you could stuff your stomach with cucumbers, lettuce, and peppers constantly for weeks and you'd still starve eventually.

The only fruit/veggie that provides a decent amount of calories is the potato. The rest provide 150 or less.

However, fruits and veggies do provide a good amount of water, so eating them when you find them is a good way of keeping hydrated.

Also, just so you know, your caloric energy storage is a bit unrealistic. Characters in DayZ can store up to 20,000 calories' worth of energy, but only 4,000ml worth of hydration. Of course, the game also tracks how full your stomach is, so you need to either pace yourself or eat calorie-dense foods in order to max out your energy.

Also, as a side note, if energy is over 3,000 (Energized) and you are not thirsty, you'll slowly regenerate blood.

If your blood is full (5,000) and you're both fully energized (4,000+) and hydrated (2,500+), you'll regenerate health as well.

Shiro    0

Please understand that this is still a alpha game :)

Marked as solved.

Pegasi    0

I literally starved to death within 30 minutes of spawning after eating a kiwi, an apple, a zuchini, a bell pepper, a can of sardines, and at least 2 other things that I don't remember.

Derp. >.>

Edit: didn't see last post. Sowwy, please delete this.