Server time: 2017-08-22, 01:56

Sign in to follow this  

Rumor of an update and a server wipe?

I heard this yesterday while on stream and was wondering if it is actually factual or just a misunderstanding? Apparently it is suppose to be implemented today?

Unknown Entity    126

Yes there will be a wipe with the next update on stable.

I don't think it will be today, I think today is the update for exp.

Vandy    34

Every wednesday there is a wipe of persistence. That means all persistent servers repsanw all the loot, and deployed tents are reset as well.

Now, each month there are some updates as well, or at least once a month.

The updates bring new stuff, fix stuff and break stuff...

The upcomming patch (update) announced it wil lwipe all characthers, and is due next wednesday the 28th.

It might be postponed though.

Tamaster92    14

Update is scheduled for 28th January, hopefully it isn't delayed.

A global wipe is likely to occur at the same time but is not confirmed beyond "early 2015" so it could be next week or it could be months away.

Paton    0

Hey excuse the noob, But what is Persistence? I've heard alot of talk about it recently.

Buddy    853

im far from the best person to explain this but here i go....

normally after a server restarts, each and every loot item about the map is erased and new things are in their place...right? well.. with persistence enabled, even after a restart, those very same items you saw in one place will continue to stay there until looted by someone. the same goes for items dropped by players. those items will remain there.

its also very helpful when having firepits because they stay after restarts :D

enabling persistence also allows people to set up their tents or keep hidden stashes. because the persistence allows for player placed items to stay between restarts. but be careful because there is a 'persistence wipe' each wednesday! so be sure to have your valuables on you before those weekly wipes!.

how do things respawn you wonder?

when one item is picked up in one place, another item is spawned in at a certain distance away from the item previously looted.. i think 1km.. so theres always new loot to be found even though the server restarts dont refresh everything!

i hope that this was helpful :)

Buddy    853

Ahhh Awsome man, Cheers for the clear explanation! :)

youre most welcome sir! :)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/218958-experimental-branch-053/ Some interesting points have been made here saying it will be a role back not a whipe completely this is the dayz dev forum

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING BECAUSE I REALLY DONT WANT TO LOSE MY O- BLOOD TYPE xD ......the gear i wouldnt miss