Server time: 2017-08-22, 18:43

Sign in to follow this  
PWNINGPETE

Execution reasons?

Question

PWNINGPETE    0

Those who control the freedom of their victim(s) must do everything in their power to keep their victim(s) alive and in relatively good health, unless they have good in character reason to execute their victim(s).

Could someone clarify/give examples of the bolded portion above?

17 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Robbing you multiple times... killing your friends...

Honestly gotta just use common sense.

Ok, say you have a hostage in a building. His friends initiate on you from outside of said building stating that if you don't release said hostage they will kill you. You can tell them if they enter the building that person will be executed. If they come in that is a valid reason to do so. That is a good reason as an example.

Ok, say you have a hostage in a building. His friends initiate on you from outside of said building stating that if you don't release said hostage they will kill you. You can tell them if they enter the building that person will be executed. If they come in that is a valid reason to do so. That is a good reason as an example.

No that is not allowed, as long as the hostage is complying you cannot kill him, i really wonder where you got that from?

A valid reason would be previous hostilities. This

Person really has to be your nemesis for it to be valid though.

Owen    13

You need to have previous hostilities or a valid IC reason to kill someone. You can't kill someone if they are either bad mouthing you or you just want to eat them. Personally the reasons behind killing someone should be built up over a few days/weeks not minutes.

As stated this is not allowed, if the hostage is 100% complying you can not harm them. It is not fair to kill them based on the actions of others if they are complying.

As for the op, executions should only be used in extreme cases. For example you have had multiple past hostilities with said person or you have kos rights on said person. But the RP leading up to said execution needs to be top notch and enjoyable for all parties involved. With that being said and with Owen's post I will mark this as solved, if you have any other questions don't be afraid to hop in teamspeak and ask any staff member:)

/solving

I'd like one bit of clarification from staff.

In the past, if you're holding a member of a clan and their clanmates attack, and you state "If you come in here, we'll kill your comrade!", the staff has ruled that such hostage executions were permitted even if the hostage was complying.

Is that no longer allowed?

(Edited for redundant sentence structure)

In the past, if you're holding a member of a clan and their clanmates attack, and you state "If you come in here, we'll kill your comrade!", in the past, the staff has ruled that such hostage executions were permitted even if the hostage was complying.

Yea, I am confused on this as well, because I have also seen conflicting reports on this topic.

In the past, if you're holding a member of a clan and their clanmates attack, and you state "If you come in here, we'll kill your comrade!", in the past, the staff has ruled that such hostage executions were permitted even if the hostage was complying.

Yea, I am confused on this as well, because I have also seen conflicting reports on this topic.

I can assure you both this is no longer allowed, it was changed back in the mod due to a report Caesar (I think) put up where he was taken hostage and a GS tried to save then in which a few of the hostages was shot. It was a good rulechange as the hostages have no control over good samaritans or clan mates trying to save you.

Skhmt    0

What about executing someone for murder?

Say for example, a group of vigilantes or self-declared police or military witness someone rob someone, the victim fights back and then the victim ends up dying to the bandit. As they're not with either side, they don't technically have KOS rights on whoever wins. But say they want to execute the bandit for murder, is that not allowed?

Again, it wouldn't be allowed by the rules but roleplay > ruleplay, and they witnessed both the robbery attempt then the murder.

Sylvester Todd    395

No that is not allowed, as long as the hostage is complying you cannot kill him, i really wonder where you got that from?

Well the blackwood militia seems to like to do that. As far as my experience goes.

Bryce_    1

Well the blackwood militia seems to like to do that. As far as my experience goes.

I don't believe they actually follow through with it. Just a threat. Blackwood seems to know what they're doing when it comes to hostilities.

While the rules would imply that going around carrying out vigilante executions would amount to KOS, it does pose an interesting idea for RP.

Presumably, even if cell coverage is gone, a lot of people are still walking around with cell phone cameras, so taking video could be analogous to taking cell phone footage, though you'd need to remain hidden or emote it in-world or it'd be metagaming. You could record them performing some crime, like mass robbery or execution.

You could then take that "evidence" to a group of lawbringers, who could then, in-character an in-game, hunt the person down and carry out justice.

Even cooler, once more vehicles are around, the lawbringers could choose, rather than execution, to handcuff the person and take them to a centralized jail to be held either pending some trade-based form of bail, or some similar activity.

I see it having a lot of RP potential, but I can also see it being abused if done incorrectly.

Skhmt    0

If they did that, I'd love to see an actual judicial system implemented IC.

Say for example, a group of vigilantes or self-declared police or military witness someone rob someone, the victim fights back and then the victim ends up dying to the bandit. As they're not with either side, they don't technically have KOS rights on whoever wins. But say they want to execute the bandit for murder, is that not allowed?

Again, it wouldn't be allowed by the rules but roleplay > ruleplay, and they witnessed both the robbery attempt then the murder.

I would avoid this because due to the NLR the bandit being executed won't be able to remember any of the events happening beforehand (assuming the vigilantes/police follow up with some good RP) and therefor making the RP go to waste.

So instead of executing him, taking him captive and punishing him for it would be better in terms of RP. To be fair, the reason for the victims death is because he retaliated. So I don't think it would be allowed as the Bandit is just protecting himself from the victim (which I assume fought back lethally) and as you know not all bandits are looking to kill. So executing a bandit for killing someone that attacked him would be unfair, wouldn't it?

So to answer you shortly I personally wouldn't execute someone unless I had solid KOS rights on that person and even then I probably wouldn't do it due to the reasons I wrote above.

That post wasn't very relevant or needed for the thread, if you witness this and have evidence I suggest you create a report discussion or talk to the leader of said group. And please don't blame the group because of your ¨experience¨ that has a lacking description of the event. I am very certain Joe Blackwood wouldn't allow this as he is well aware of the rules.

Even though I wasn't there because I joined the group yesterday you are welcome to join us on teamspeak and talk to us this evening.

Skhmt    0

To be fair, the reason for the victims death is because he retaliated. So I don't think it would be allowed as the Bandit is just protecting himself from the victim (which I assume fought back lethally) and as you know not all bandits are looking to kill. So executing a bandit for killing someone that attacked him would be unfair, wouldn't it?

No, once you commit a crime, if your victim is defending himself, you can't counter-claim self-defense and kill your victim. At least morally and real-world legally.

Also, once you're handcuffed, you're literally at the bandit's mercy, so lethal self-defense is always justified against someone trying to restrain you.

Vaine    23

Never heard of you in my puff.

Only person i myself have executed was a troll telling me how he was from winterfell and was fighting for the throne along with refering himself as private pussy and such. general troll shit.

please rather than lay a stupid comment and end at that commit yourself and explaine the full story

Sylvester Todd    395

I would avoid this because due to the NLR the bandit being executed won't be able to remember any of the events happening beforehand (assuming the vigilantes/police follow up with some good RP) and therefor making the RP go to waste.

So instead of executing him, taking him captive and punishing him for it would be better in terms of RP. To be fair, the reason for the victims death is because he retaliated. So I don't think it would be allowed as the Bandit is just protecting himself from the victim (which I assume fought back lethally) and as you know not all bandits are looking to kill. So executing a bandit for killing someone that attacked him would be unfair, wouldn't it?

So to answer you shortly I personally wouldn't execute someone unless I had solid KOS rights on that person and even then I probably wouldn't do it due to the reasons I wrote above.

That post wasn't very relevant or needed for the thread, if you witness this and have evidence I suggest you create a report discussion or talk to the leader of said group. And please don't blame the group because of your ¨experience¨ that has a lacking description of the event. I am very certain Joe Blackwood wouldn't allow this as he is well aware of the rules.

Even though I wasn't there because I joined the group yesterday you are welcome to join us on teamspeak and talk to us this evening.

All I was doing was making a statement, it was an enjoyable experience the time I was held up by them. And their reasons for a possible execution were valid (My "friends" coming to save me, despite not having a radio at all and them knowing so. I showed them my belongings), all I'm saying is that they seem to like to do that, and its whatever man, it was pretty gub RP, and the first time I've had a decent hold up (interrogation more so) happen to me.

And the issues was already resolved at the time so when you think about it everything added on to this isn't exactly relevant.