Server time: 2017-11-20, 02:22

Sign in to follow this  
PWNINGPETE

Meta gaming question

Question

In the rules, meta gaming is defines as:

Metagaming is a broad term generally used to define any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game.

Does this mean that turning your gamma all the way up at night to see better is metagaming? I hate it when people do this and was wondering if it isn't allowed on the server.

5 answers to this question

Technically it is but it is allowed for now since it is almost impossible for us to stop.

Once the nights are fixed and we can mod stuff we may be able to force the gamma to not be abused

Whilst not the best answer does this help?

It is a menu setting option, so I don't think there is anything that can done to counter it. Because, we can't see their settings. I am sure it is a sort of metagaming, but there is no real way to stop anybody from doing it. Sorry, but this is the best answer I can give.

Well, if you want to fit the rules at the best, I can advise you to not heavily touch the gamma setting. As you can use it to see better in night time, if you use that vision IC, that can be translated into metagaming, even if that can be well taken by other players (as human eyes can slightly adapt their vision if they are in the darkness for some time).

Well, if you want to fit the rules at the best, I can advise you to not heavily touch the gamma setting. As you can use it to see better in night time, if you use that vision IC, that can be translated into metagaming, even if that can be well taken by other players (as human eyes can slightly adapt their vision if they are in the darkness for some time).

Ok this thread helped.

Btw, what is stated above is already implemented,especially after making a fire at night.

Glad we could help you :)

/solved