Server time: 2017-08-21, 01:07

Sign in to follow this  
NishiUrban

Once Upon A Time...

NishiUrban    79

"Allow for me to convey to you, a story... Once upon a time..."

- THE PROLOGUE -

There was a man, and woman, and of these two, was brought forth a third. A child, innocent, ignorant, however ignorance isn't always bliss. This child, one of few, was destined for an unclear future. Bearing markings, symbols used to represent male, or female, instead entwined with no clear distinction. This child, knew no better of the world, and thus held no understanding of the stigma associated with such a circumstance. truly, such an unfortunate child to be born to such unfathomable parents...

A mother who's family tree was rife with, bent and broken branches. Decaying and rotting leaves, leaving no sound foundation. Save for wailing winds, and treacherous visions that were neither here, nor there. Honestly? It was merely a matter of time, ticking away at a fragile mentality, the hands of a broken down clock, wrapping themselves around it's own throat.

A father, obsessed with his work, depraved, despicable...truly, amazingly heinous. A pride filled man, felt a blow to his ego. But none the less, chillingly curious, menacingly cold hearted. An ambitious, self-centered, egotistical bastard of men. One, who would do horrible, unquestionably, and remarkably atrocious things to the poor child...

"What things? You might be asking yourself, I wouldn't blame you if you aren't...but...that's a story for another day, I'm afraid."

NishiUrban    79

- DEAR DIARY -

Hi there, me? I don't know how this is supposed to work. I think I'll be the only one to read these pages, I was thinking for a long time, and Joshua convinced me that I should write things down...especially since, the other night. It might help in case I get...confused again. Joshua said he would help me write it, so everything should be ok.

- ENTRY #1 -

I awoke to the sound of shouting, anger, and confusion on my part. Crawling out from under the bed, on the second floor of the bar, I immediately noticed a man at the stairwell. Everything was fairly dark, save for what light forced it's way through the broken, glass riddled windows. The night air gave me a chill, but nothing compared to what I felt when I discovered the glint of steel that the unknown man was holding...some sort of assault rifle, although anything further eluded me. I clutched Joshua tightly, pressing his small, furry body against mine. Joshua tried to reassure me, everything would be alright, he kept mentioning the man's hat.

As the unknown man caught sight of me, he stood upright, and walked over to my room. I carefully got to my feet, legs trembling, however he gave me a quick glance before returning to the staircase. His hat...why hadn't I noticed it sooner? A green beret, just like the one hanging ever so slightly off of my own head. A rush of joy ran through me, could it be I was saved because I wanted to look like Arcarius? I followed the man down the stairs, followed the arguing outside, in front of the bar, where the main light source rested among many restless men. The fire allowed me to see a single man, on his knees, hands behind his back, while many men wearing similar clothing...military? Watched.

A single person knelt before the man being questioned, talking to him about a lot of things I didn't quite understand. The words got a little...jumbled, however one thing that kept being claimed was that the man being questioned had hurt Aurora. When I tried to step forward, it was insisted that I step back, and remain at a safe distance. The talking happened for a long time, and I couldn't...focus too well. The army men wanted the one man to leave, and never come back. They stood him up, and so I took my flashlight out, and followed behind them, providing light for their way to the edge of town. They argued among themselves most of the way there, the one man...who questioned the bad man, got a little scary. He didn't like what the bad man was saying to him...and my hands had a hard time staying steady.

When we got to the edge of town, they told the bad man to go away. I don't remember what happened next...everything went really dark. The next thing I knew, I was opening my eyes, and fumbling for my flashlight. When had I closed my eyes? Why was my flashlight turned off? Joshua tried to tell me everything was ok...but...when I turned my light back on. I could swear I saw the bad man, laying dead in front of me. I could swear he was there, it must have been real. I ran away as fast as I could, Joshua kept telling me there was nothing there, but I SAW IT!

I got back to the bar, terrified, practically unable to put together the words to ask what had happened. The one man, insisted that they had sent the man, far, far away. Everyone was sure, even Joshua. I bit my lip, trying to recall what had happened. I didn't...touch, the body...I went back a short while later, when no one was paying attention....

[align=right]It wasn't there.

Brad    155

These are Awesome!

NishiUrban    79

- DEAR DIARY -

It was a long day, a lot of things are kind of...fuzzy in my head. Joshua said I should try to write as much as I can remember so...

- ENTRY #2 -

I'm not sure where the day started...where was I? Was Joshua playing another prank on me? Had I been walking in my sleep again...I don't know. I got back to the bar, not sure why I'm still calling it that, Joshua teases me, saying I'm just trying to sound like a grown up. There were a lot of people I didn't recognize...and I started feeling uncomfortable again. I couldn't find Aurora...that made me a little sad, but Arcarius was there! We had spent a long time trying to find clothes that looked like his, so we could match, and now we're the perfect team!

Bonnie was there too, I don't know where Clyde was, probably doing...Clyde things somewhere. I tried to have fun hanging out with Arcarius, but a lot of the strangers were acting...odd. It reminded me of the bad people I had met at Green Mountain, I spent a lot of the time with my gun in my hands. Joshua didn't like them either...there was this bad feeling, in my stomach. I found out Acarius has a teddy bear too! He let me know the bear's name is Ellie.

Joshua told me some of the strangers were showing signs of, bad things to come. It wasn't until the three of us went back to the bar, and found more...strangers, that I started to understand what Joshua meant. Arcarius and Bonnie were out front, speaking with the two men. I waited inside, holding the AK74 that was given to me tightly, and waiting. The men kept asking questions, without asking questions, if that makes sense. Joshua said they were trying to determine, who we had, names...excuses. Arcarius got tired of the questions, maybe he felt the same as Joshua? He requested that they leave, but all we got were more excuses...and then the men who were hiding up the hill finally came down.

They had been sitting up there, weapons out, watching...waiting, just like Joshua had me doing. There was a lot of waiting, but whatever Joshua was waiting for never happened...

[align=right]I'm glad it didn't...

I took a nap for a while, everything seemed to settle down. Mr. Haggle showed back up in different clothing, he said something about wanting a day off? Me and Arcarius ended up playing tag! While we were talking, I managed to get behind him and slap him on the back before I ran away yelling, you're it! I had to try really hard to stop laughing, we ran for a very long time, I managed to hide, but Arcarius found me and I became it. The chase continued for a long while after that, until we were both too tired to run anymore, and called a truce.

Later me and Arcarius put our hands up in the air, and went after Clyde as hugging monsters! We all had a good laugh, before the three of us went after Bonnie as our next hug victim! It was nice to forget about...the bad people for a little while, Joshua was pretty quiet while me and Arcarius played. I hope he isn't mad at me.

[align=right]P.S. Jade + Arcarius = Best Team Ever!~

NishiUrban    79

- DEAR DIARY -

[The page has some minor blood stains, and the writing seems crude at some points, as if the person were having a hard time.]

- ENTRY #3 -

I'm scared, and cold...and alone. It's so dark right now, I can barely see without my flashlight...I wish Arcarius was here.

Joshua said I have to write this down, he said it's very important...so I'll try my best.

I was sleeping at the bar again, like normal, but then I was woken up by the sounds of gun shots and people. I crawled out from my hiding spot under the bed, and tried to peek out the window at first, it looked and sounded like people I had seen before...except maybe a few. Aurora was out there...somewhere, but I couldn't understand what everyone was saying. Their voices just seemed like a bunch of...noise to me. Joshua insisted that I get my gun ready, so pulling the AK74 out from under the bed, I headed downstairs to make sure everyone was alright.

All I could figure out, was that someone was shooting, apparently from inside the town. I tried to keep an eye on Mr. Haggle who looked the most vulnerable out of the people I recognized, I know Aurora is strong, and it seemed like something she would do. We found out it was someone in town, practicing their shooting. Joshua said something about it being funny somehow, I guess because me and Arcarius had done something like that before with a shotgun we found...

[align=right]I didn't think it was a funny joke...

One of the army men said something about bad people, maybe six, who had been seen heading in our direction...armed, dangerous. We were told to wait inside, the army men didn't want us to be in danger...but, if bad people really did come to hurt us...I don't think trying to hide would help. Joshua kept telling me things, he seemed to get more loud...and angry. It was mostly things about bad people...the bad people seem to be in a lot of places, he thinks this is just the start of something really bad, and it scares me. After a long time of waiting, the army men said it should be safe...Joshua finally got quiet again, so I went back upstairs to sleep.

I woke up later, I don't know how much time had passed, but it was dark out...and cold. I could see my breath, and wrapped my arms around myself as I walked around the rooms of the bar, seeing no one. I couldn't seem to find anyone around town, but...it wasn't until I saw the police car.

There, was blood. I could see blood on the car, and holes...things that shouldn't have been there. I didn't want it to be there, but Joshua reminded me of the other night...the body that, wasn't...there.... I reached my hand out, it was shaking so much...I, was shaking so much. My fingers touched it...the sticky, chunky...cold, and gross feeling blood. It felt like my insides were vibrating, my chest was...rattling around, and I could feel my eyes getting all watery...but I don't know exactly why I wanted to cry. Joshua was happy...of course, red is his favorite color.

I started to run away, and crying. My tears were making my cheeks more cold than they already were, and I couldn't really see even with my flashlight. I didn't want to think about it...but after a while I got tired, and gave up trying to run away, falling down in the woods somewhere. That's when the crying got worse, Joshua was mad at me, but I know the reason I was crying. I don't know who's blood that was...it's real blood, not just make believe...

I don't know who's blood it is...and I'm afraid to find out.

[align=right]I have people I can lose now.

Jm Von Cat    154

How... interesting... yes quite.. that's the word... yes.

How will Jade react when he finds out that it was not a bad man's blood? that it was one of those "Soldier men"... on of the friendliest people around... that it was Lasse...

At least he is alive... Fresh red bandages on... soaking slowly with blood... Oh yes... Joshua must be pleased with that...

What else will the cute little Pink teddy be pleased with... hmmn?

NishiUrban    79

- DEAR DIARY -

A lot happened today...my head is, a little fuzzy in a lot of places. Joshua told me what happened after everything got, unclear, so I'll try my best to write it all.

- ENTRY #4 -

When I woke up, I was still somewhere in the woods. My AK74 was laying on the ground beside me, Joshua was wrapped up in my arms, and I had a few leaves on me, probably from the tree I was under. I rubbed my eyes, they were still a little sore from the night before...I must have cried a lot. Putting Joshua away, I picked up my gun and headed back toward the town. I can't remember if I saw anyone on the way, but by the time I got to the bar there was already an argument underway.

I didn't know exactly what had happened, but it sounded like the army men had been there today, they still were. Something happened with a man who's name I can't remember, and Aurora wanted to settle it with a fist fight, like grown ups do I guess? I think it's kind of scary, but if Aurora says it's ok, it must be... Well, one of the army men pointed a gun at her! That's what she said anyway. I think if I had been there, I might have said or done something that would have made things worse...kind of like what almost happened when...the...maker people had shown up before and threatened Aurora.

Well, me, Aurora, and Desmond were sitting down and talking. They did a lot of the talking, I just kind of, listened. One of the army men came over, I think one of the lady ones? She was trying to be nice, and Aurora said something that kind of...made me happy? Or surprised. Or both? I think that's the feelings, I wasn't too sure at the time. I just know my face felt warm, and it was one of the reasons I stayed so quiet. Aurora said that out of the people who were there at the time, me and Desmond were the closest things to brothers she had...brothers, like a family.

I don't know Desmond very well, but he seems like a good guy. His voice is different from other people, and there were fun times, like when we all went to give him a hug! But I never really thought of myself as Aurora's brother, it's...confusing. With everything going on recently, I know I don't want anything bad to happen to them, is this what it's like to have family? It reminds me of my twin sister Abigail...I miss her, I couldn't protect her from...father. I never want anything like that to happen to this family, never.

Aurora is too strong to be a sister I think, actually...I wonder...if she's more like what a mom would be like? That's, probably silly though...I'm too embarrassed to talk to her about...things like moms. Nothing too bad ended up happening, and I went to sleep somewhere...I forget where.

Later in the day, when I woke up, I ended up finding Arcarius. He's really good at hiding when he wants too, I never seem to find him that sneaky, cheeky monkey, yeah. Like the one army man called us, I guess Arcarius is like a cheeky monkey sometimes. [align=right]*A little smiley face is drawn in here.*

My head doesn't remember too good what all happened, I know Jay was there. He's the guy who wears the cool clown mask that Joshua likes, I swear he mostly likes him because of that mask. I don't know a lot about Jay...he's alright, kind of like Desmond, but he sounds more, like everyone else? Well it looked like Aurora and Jay were playing tag, they chased each other a lot, and had a play fight. Aurora likes to play fight...a lot. Since Aurora does it, I ended up smacking Jay on the back of the head when he wasn't looking, and ran away! I hid in a bush and laughed, because silly Arcarius started chasing after Jay who was trying to escape.

I had to go help Arcarius out, he's hopeless without me, we're a team after all! Jay is really good at running away, and we couldn't seem to catch him. Aurora came up with the idea of giving Jay a hug like we did for Desmond, and since me and Arcarius had been hug monsters before, with Bonnie and Clyde, it was a piece of cake for us to catch Jay and hug him like no one's business!

Afterward me and Arcarius went to find things so we could make him a bow, I still had extra arrows, and he was asking me about it before so today seemed like as good a day as any to try it out. He ended up wanting a stone knife, but didn't know how to make one, of course. I showed him how it was done, and made us both one.

I...think the last time I had to make one of those was...not a very good time. That was a long time ago...back, when...there was no food. And...Joshua had to do that bad thing to protect us...[align=right]I hope he never has to do that again.

Everything was going well, me and Arcarius found a pink dress in one of the houses, one that Aurora hadn't already shredded to pieces! I wanted to play a joke on Aurora again, and so we found her and left the dress behind. I called Aurora to look, and Arcarius told her to look at the ground where the dress was, IT WAS PERFECT! Just like a team we both made a quick escape and played around town for a while...worried Aurora might still be upset about the pink dress. When Arcarius went to check something out, Aurora popped out of nowhere with a shovel raised up, chasing after me.

A.

SHOVEL!

I ran as fast as I could, and ended up climbing on top of a van just to try and keep out of Aurora's reach...she was kind of scary. Everything calmed down eventually, and Aurora ended up being worried about me after I tried on the dress. I wanted her to see, even though it was a pink dress, it was only a dress...it wasn't going to hurt her. She got sad...she was sad because I wore the pink dress, and...well. Before I had met them, the bad people at Green Mountain tried to make me wear a dress that was pink...if it was still like it was when I first met them, I would be afraid of those kinds of dresses. Things aren't the same anymore though, I feel...different from how I was before, I think that's good.

I was going to try and explain this to Aurora, but then we heard gunshots. Arcarius took his gun out, and I did the same, the two of us immediately went together to try and make sure it wasn't bad people...Joshua kept telling me it was though. When we didn't find anyone practicing in the town...I started to think Joshua was right. It's around here that...I don't know what happened. Joshua told me to put the red bandana on, the one he likes, and told me I wouldn't have to worry that way...if something bad needed to happen. So I listened to him...and everything just seemed to drift away, kind of like I was moving backward...behind my eyes, except...that doesn't make sense. Then things just sort of got darker, like it was turning night time...but it wasn't...and then nothing.

I woke up later inside of a building...I think I'm still near the bar? I should be able to get back there...but I'm still, really tired. I asked Joshua about what happened while I wasn't there, he told me the bad people got chased off...I think that's probably what happened.

Brad    155

Fantastic, I'll tell you h'what.

These are great!

NishiUrban    79

- DEAR DIARY -

It feels like...everyday, too many things to remember happen. A lot of good, and bad...and, sometimes painful things happen. But, I'll try to write about it.

- ENTRY #5 -

I woke up in that strange building, on the top floor, on top of pages that had been ripped out of the books around me...had I done that, or were they already that way? I got up and groaned a little, sleeping on a pile of dirty book pages...not exactly like my hiding spot at the bar, where I had a blanket tucked under the bed. I quickly realized I didn't remember where anyone else was, we did get separated the last day...with, the whole Joshua thing, it was just all the more confusing.

I looked out the window, and trailed the borders of one with my eyes, before flicking a piece of broken glass off of it with my gloved had. There were so many broken windows now...everywhere, so many, broken, things. I headed outside and realized my surroundings, I had been here a few times, but something about today didn't seem...right. Joshua suggested heading to the radio tower, the one Clyde said was like the Paris tower...it clearly isn't, but I still smiled a little recalling him stating that. And so I was off for the tower, thinking afterward I would meet up with everyone at the bar, and find a game or two to play with Arcarius...

[align=right]I was wrong.

After I climbed a bit up the tower, I thought I saw movement in the town down the hill. We didn't see any of the weird people who claw at the windows down there the last time...and, the way they moved didn't look like that either. I reached around inside my backpack, and found the binoculars that had been given to me as a gift, they were pretty useful for watching birds and...people. I looked down into the town, and noticed guns...the weird ones don't use guns...they use hands, and teeth. I couldn't see everything, or the faces very well...but, one of them looked like they were wearing things Aurora would. I hadn't seen people around here, other than at the resort...and it could have been everyone going on a trip through town, trying to find supplies...Joshua wasn't so optimistic.

I climbed back down, took my gun out, and slowly headed toward town keeping to the forest for cover. By the time I got close, I couldn't see where the people had gone. After a long search, and finding some trees that looked recently cut down, I ended up tracking down the group of people only to find out it was my family! Well, mostly anyway, there were a few people like Haggle and his people, but they are alright. Everyone was...scared though, especially Aurora. I later found out...the strange maker people were the ones with their guns out. They had come, and forced Aurora to give them things at gunpoint...one wrong move, and she would have died. Any of them, could have died...or worse.

I got quiet, and...angry. We've done nothing to these maker people, we're good...but they would do something like this to us? It was hard for me to decide at first, since that bad doctor had hurt them...like my father had hurt my sister. I knew the doctor was a bad man, and thought they must not be because of it...they did a bad thing to Aurora...and, if I had been there...

Joshua was getting really happy with me, I could feel him smile under my face mask...so I stopped thinking about it.

It was decided that we couldn't go back to the resort, that place was like...home, and we had to leave it behind because of the bad people that kept coming there. I reminded myself, at least we had each other...that's what I needed the most, this family. It didn't matter where home was. We had to walk, and run, for a long while. After stopping for a bit, because Aurora wasn't feeling well, we continued to a stone garden. I found out this was a special place for Arcarius, somewhere his father had taken him before... We saw a deer on the way there, and I was happy, I haven't had much luck hunting at the resort, I might actually be able to get better like Orion's belt and become a great hunter!

I didn't get to hunt the deer, but while we were at the stone garden, Mr. Haggle noticed a boar. I took my bow out, and a single arrow, positioning it I knelt down and waited. The little piggy poked out from some bushes, so I drew the bow back, and held my breath, just like back in practice. I watched him carefully while he moved, and when it felt right, I let go and watched the arrow fly right into him! It must have hit him pretty hard, since the piggy went down from one arrow. Everyone was saying I did good, I gut and cut him up...it's more messy than with the fish, but we ended up cooking the meat.

[align=right]A lot of it ended up burnt...I guess we don't pay very good attention.

Aurora was acting...different. I didn't notice everything, not until Joshua started to point things out to me. After we stopped back on the run, when Aurora wasn't feeling well, she said she would take her medicine when we finally stopped...but she didn't. And she tried to throw her medicines away, I didn't recognize all of them, but I know the one type of bottle is really important to her...you don't just throw important things away. And she was running around a lot, she was even out of breath a couple times...Joshua reminded me, Aurora tries not to run too much because she gets...bad sick. I don't know exactly what the feeling was...but my insides felt all...dark, and sad, it made me want to cry.

It was then, while Joshua kept saying things to me, and I stood among so many people that I knew...and even some I didn't know very well, that I felt...utterly alone. They don't know Joshua the way I do...no one says anything to him when he talks, and he's always told me people would never understand. He told me people won't like me anymore if I try to tell them, he said they won't believe me, like when I showed Aurora the picture of me and Abigail. I was really scared for Aurora...but I didn't know who to talk too, Arcarius was asleep...

I turned to Clyde and asked if him and Bonnie could take me into town to find something to drink...I was a little thirsty, so it was the first excuse I could think of. We raced there, and Clyde tried to be silly to make me laugh...but...I wasn't feeling well about what was going on with Aurora so I couldn't even smile. After we got into town, I tried really, really hard to talk to Clyde about what was bothering me...but I realized I didn't even know what to say. How do I tell him about what Joshua was saying, without telling him Joshua was saying it?

I had to build up all the courage I could, and finally, after so many attempts I can't count them...I tried to explain to Clyde and Bonnie about Joshua. I don't remember everything I said, I just tried to repeat the things Joshua had said...or mentioned. Joshua wasn't talking at the time, I think he was upset I was tattling on him. Clyde and Bonnie talked to me, and I kept feeling like I was going to burst into tears...even the thought of telling other people about Joshua like this had been so scary for so long...even now it felt like my whole world was going to gobble itself up. My whole body was shaking...but...they were still nice to me. They even told me a secret they had, to show me they wouldn't tell anyone about Joshua.

They told me I should let Aurora know how important she is to me, and maybe that would help her want to take her medicine. I know that's what I should do, but, the idea was really scary too for some reason...what would I even say? We ended up heading back, and while everyone was busy, I went over to the building where I saw Aurora heading just a little while before. As I got closer, I could hear her talking to someone...I think, Jay? I stayed hidden, and listened...I know that's probably naughty, but, they sounded like they were talking about something...that, needed to be talked about. I've never heard Jay so...sad, I think that's what he was...they both sounded like they might cry...same as me.

When they finished talking, I found out I couldn't bring myself to talk to Aurora like Clyde said I should. I just...didn't know what to say, so I went over to her and gave her the biggest hug I could...I wrapped my arms around her so tight...she hugged me back and I told her not to go away. I don't want her to go away forever...not like...mother.

Things got, confusing after that. People kept getting lost, the weird people kept showing up and trying to eat us. And while I was in town, one managed to grab at me and scratch my arm up good, I put an arrow in his face though, that's what the jerk deserved. I went back to everyone, and after showing Aurora, she cleaned it up and bandaged the cuts...that sucked. When she finished I ended up...well, saying something a little embarrassing without thinking. I told her, thanks mom. My face got really warm...and I walked away, pretending like I was looking at things with my binoculars...I could hear Bonnie and Aurora talking about it and it just made me more embarrassed...I can't believe I did that.

There was a lot of us, and we had to shoot a lot of those weird people on our way through the city. I just hope we can find a new place...somewhere we can be safe. And if those maker people...ever... hurt Aurora....

[align=right]I'll kill them all.

NishiUrban    79

- DEAR DIARY -

It's still pretty dark out...everyone finally went to sleep so I'll try to write about what happened.

- ENTRY #6 -

We had set up camp outside of that city...the one near the stone garden. We all set out afterward, I don't know how long we waited. After a bit of travelling, someone suggested a group photo, I liked that idea. Me and Arcarius sat up front, I like the way it came out...it's one big family photograph. It's way better than...the old one I have.

We ended up finding another city, after what felt like a very long walk. I got a bit excited, and ran ahead...only to get lost in the ruins. I immediately started to regret splitting up with everyone when I realized I didn't know where they were, and there were lots...of the weird people. I'm not sure what to call them anymore, they don't always claw at the windows anymore...I hear people call them all kinds of things now, but I don't know. I've tried calling them things like others do, and it just...doesn't feel right somehow. Well, I was doing really well at first, making sure to shoot them like I practiced before they could get too close. But...then they started coming out from buildings closer to me, and one managed to catch me by surprise.

It just, jumped out from around a corner at me. It almost knocked me over, but I ended up getting pinned against a wall instead. It clawed at me, gave me a good number of cuts and scratches, but I managed to get my AK angled upward enough to blast it through the head. That was loud! And...gross. After I got myself back together, I managed to find the others, and wrap up the nasty cuts. I ended up using all of my arrows though...and a good amount of bullets, the scary part is, I think there's still loads more of those things down there...pretending to sleep.

We left after we regrouped, well, most of us. I noticed Arcarius still wasn't around, but I figured he needed a bathroom break or something. He has a radio, so, if he can't find us right away we can always tell him where we went...I'm sure he'll be fine. After what felt like another long walk, with Ender acting silly...apparently he thought he was a dinosaur? I don't understand grown-ups sometimes...I played along and pretended to shoot fake arrows at him, and he played dead. It was, sort of funny...but it would have been better if Arcarius was there. We saw a small town, well, it looked like a small town at first, it ended up being a bigger place than I thought though.

Everything was pretty quiet at first...it usually is, there was this weird stick man that someone had drawn a funny face on. Aurora called it a scary crow, I don't see why, it didn't look like a crow at all... I decided to name him Ringo, I think the name suited him. After we got further into the town, those...monsters started to wake up, and try to eat us. I made sure to be extra careful, especially since I was watching over Mr. Haggle. He's a funny guy, although, kind of weird sometimes. When it got dark out, everyone sat around a camp fire and started to drink this weird stuff Aurora called, Vodka? I'm not exactly sure what it is, but when people drank a lot of it, they started to act...weird. Like it was them, but not them...I don't get it.

[align=right] Adults can be weird sometimes...

Here's a picture of Mr. Ringo, the best Scary Crow ever!

2015-01-26_00006_zpsh6y8wgwc.jpg

NishiUrban    79

- DEAR DIARY -

Today was...really scary, when I think about it...I still feel like shaking.

- ENTRY #7 -

I must have woken up later in the day from everyone else, sitting up from the grass and rubbing my eyes with a yawn. My mouth was really, really dry, and so I turned over, planning to see the pond that was near the camp sight...well.

What I ended up seeing was one of those monster people stumbling down the hill beside me, bumping into the tree that was directly across from me and nearly collapsing against me, falling just short onto the ground in front of me as I quickly scooted myself backward onto my butt with a thump and cracking of loose branches. The monster person didn't try to get back up, instead trying to crawl toward me, reaching it's hands out each time it got closer. It had crawled over my AK74, so I pulled out my P1 pistol, stood upright, and put two bullets into it's skull.

[align=right]Worst part was cleaning the gross stuff off my AK...

It was after cleaning my weapon that I realized everyone was gone, I assumed they were checking out the town since, we hadn't really looked it over too well before it got dark. But...no one came to investigate my gun shots, and that worried me a little bit. I was checking out the edge of town, opposite of the way we entered, had to take out a few more of those...monsters on the way. I noticed a few buildings at the end of the road, way, way out there. While I was checking the buildings out with my binoculars, Mr. Haggle and his bodyguard ended up finding me, I guess they heard me shooting when they were coming back into town and wanted to see what the fuss was about.

After explaining about the buildings in the distance, the three of us walked down the road to investigate, thinking we might find something helpful. I hadn't really had a chance to talk to Mr. Haggle much, I am happy he was able to sell me the clothing I needed to match Arcarius, but other than him selling clothing...I don't really know much about him. I asked about him and his bodyguard, how long they had traveled together, it sounds like they've been together since...the weird people first showing up. Back when they just clawed at windows, and there weren't so many...broken windows.

When we finally got to the end of the road, I could see many more buildings in two different directions, we decided not to travel any further away from the others though. As we approached what looked like, a compound of some sort, Mr. Haggle's radio started to pick up a transmission. It sounded like Aurora, but we couldn't quite understand what she was saying, and she couldn't seem to hear us. She kept mentioning Desmond, and I realized, he wasn't with us last night either. Then...I remembered, Arcarius never came back to the group last night. Maybe they were together? Somewhere...

It was decided after a quick look through the facility, we would head back into town to try and get closer to the other's radio chatter. We ended up finding some food, and I found a clown mask! Joshua loves it, of course. We headed back into town, and tried to get to a higher part of the mountains, hoping to get a better signal. Eventually we got Aurora's signal, and followed the signal strength till we heard Desmond's radio as well. He must have been on the complete opposite side of where we had been for us to have been that far out of range. All we could understand was that apparently, Desmond had...found another survivor, someone we don't know.

When we finally found them, Desmond, Aurora, as well as Bonnie and Clyde were talking to this stranger. However, Clyde mentioned hearing Arcarius on the radio...it sounded like Arcarius had run into a stranger somewhere, and he was alone...I think that's when I started to get scared. When me and Clyde set out together to track them down, and found out they had gone through the big city...the one I got hurt in just the other day...I was terrified. Arcarius is good, but we're a team...we need to watch each other's backs, and right then...right there, we couldn't. I couldn't make sure nothing could jump out at him, just like when I was alone, he couldn't watch out for me. Clyde was trying to figure out somewhere we could meet, but I didn't like this feeling.

Sitting here, waiting, while Arcarius was down in a city full of...monsters, and some stranger we know nothing about. Who knows what else...I felt really uneasy, and then we started to hear shotgun blasts down in the city. I immediately stood up and started to shuffle side to side, wanting to run down there, what if someone was shooting at Arcarius!? I kept calling for Clyde, who was trying to reach Arcarius over the radio...with no answer. I rushed down there, sprinting as fast as I could while holding my Ak in my hands, Arcarius wasn't going to die! Clyde ended up running after me, and while behind cover, he caught up, and the two of us headed into town trying to let Arcarius know where to meet up with us. We got a brief transmission from him, before...silence, and more waiting.

I got tired of waiting again, and we circled around the building that was supposed to be the meeting point, where we ended up bumping into Arcarius and the stranger. Arcarius tried to explain the situation to us, but me and Clyde just wanted to get the hell out of that death trap as soon as possible, and get back to the others. I think Clyde was worried about Bonnie being near the other stranger back at camp. The four of us ended up running out of town as fast as we could, trying to backtrack our steps...I could hear the monsters in the city waking up. We eventually met back up with everyone, and tried to unwind after the crazy day so far...getting to know the two men we had run into along the way.

Joshua kept telling me these people were bad news, that they were going to cause trouble, and we couldn't trust them. I don't know...they were just, people. I don't know much about the one who stayed behind with the others, but the one who was with Arcarius kept asking about some friends of his...people he had lost during an attack. I felt a little bad for him, if me and everyone else ever got separated, I know I would want to find them too...but we didn't even know his friends names, let alone where they might be now. Arcarius told me that guy was ok, apparently Arcarius had rescued the man from a bunch of hungry monsters who had trapped him inside a house...clawing at the doors and windows.

Arcarius was...quiet afterward, I followed him around, trying to cheer him up, telling him about Ringo...but, he just kept being quiet. He wasn't acting like, Arcarius...like, something was wrong. After a long while, I finally got him to fess up to what was bothering him. Arcarius was worried about these new people, he didn't exactly say it about the man he brought back to camp, but Joshua could tell. Joshua told me, Arcarius wasn't sure if saving that man's life was a good thing, or a bad thing. If these people ended up hurting us, Arcarius would feel like it was his fault for bringing one of them here in the first place...Arcarius was afraid.

I don't really understand things like this very well, but I stood right in front of him, and I tried to tell him as best I could. Arcarius saved someone's life today, that person probably would have died if it weren't for Arcarius being brave and getting rid of those monsters. I tried to explain that he did a good thing, and we're a family, if these new people tried to hurt us...we would do what had to be done in order to protect ourselves. This made Joshua...really happy to hear, but as uncomfortable as it made me, it's my family over anyone else. I don't know if I made him feel better, but...Arcarius ended up giving me a big hug, kind of like I had done to Aurora before...and I hugged him back.

I tried to remind him, I used to be a new person...maybe we were thinking too much about this, and everything would be alright. He needed to know, that we protect each other, just like when he was lost in the big city full of monsters. Me and Clyde rushed off to find him, and make sure he was alright...and if someone had been shooting at Arcarius? Or trying to hurt him?

[align=right]I would have killed them...

Eventually the group split up a little, some people were tired, others wanted to check out our surroundings or be alone. Me, Arcarius, Mr. Haggle, his bodyguard, and the two strangers decided to check out the buildings further outside of town. I was feeling really uncomfortable, but ultimately, one of the strangers decided to stay at one of the buildings outside of town, the other followed us back into town. Joshua...really, really wanted to hurt this stranger. Especially since the stranger kept mentioning...the Maker people, and asking questions about Aurora...Joshua really doesn't like this stranger...

We all ended up parting ways, me and Arcarius found a house, and decided to take a nap...hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

NishiUrban    79

-DEAR DIARY-

It sure has been a long time since I've written things down like this...it's kind of funny to look back at the kinds of things I wrote down and try to imagine what was going on inside of my head back then, what's going on inside of it now? I guess not much has changed really when it comes to understanding the things inside there, like some sort of puzzle left in pieces.

-ENTRY #8-

Dear diary,

My name is Jade Graves.

Well, it's not really. I know better now, I mean, if being more aware of my past and...the things that lead up to me being here is better than not knowing it. How many days has it been since I stopped using my real name? Since I forgot it, and replaced it with...Jade, why did I even pick that name in the first place I wonder? And Graves...hah, what kind of last name is that even, as if.

Well...

Either way, my name is Jade. I started writing this diary so that I could remember the things that had happened to me each day, to save those memories. So that when I saw, or heard things...that...weren't actually there. Or remembered things in the wrong order, I could look back and make sure of things. And, the reason I stopped writing my diary...I guess it's pretty clear now that I'm sitting here doing it again...I didn't want to remember.

It's been a few weeks since I came back across the border, I'm not entirely sure why I left in the first place, but in these few short weeks everything has changed. Well, maybe it had already changed, and I just didn't want to see it. I haven't seen Arcarius, no matter where I go, I never see him anymore. At first I wanted to see him really badly, I wanted to go back to when things were easier, and simple. Childish. Fun. Sunny. My heart used to hurt when I thought about him, being out there somewhere, afraid and alone. But I'm the one who is alone, I'm cold...and...even if I try not to be, I'm afraid.

It's funny, like I told those guys at their, trap house they called it? During that party. I'm a killer, not a lover. What would Arcarius say if he knew I had blood on my hands now? Could he tell, even back then, that I had taken another person's life? I can remember the last time I saw him. He gave me a hug, a strong one...it, felt nice. What did he say to me exactly? It's hard to remember. I'm almost sure he told me he loved me, I'm pretty sure he did...did, I even say it back? I guess it's stupid to worry about it now...

Well diary I guess the cat's out of the bag, not that I tried to hide it very well. I've killed people, two so far. Gunned them down without a second thought about it, it was pretty easy to do. Well, that's just the ones I've killed personally, I mean...I've seen way more die right in front of me. Especially recently. So many people. 

When I lived with everyone, when I had a new family. I had people I wanted to protect, no matter what. People I would kill for, murder for, die for. Why didn't I stay with Ender? Maybe he was right when I saw him in that house, that night. Maybe Jade did die. Maybe I'm someone else. Maybe that's why I went back to Uncle Johnny. Hell, Johnny is practically my family now...ever since I got back and found him he's been looking out for me, we've been watching each other's back. I know it's not exactly the same as with everyone else, I know it's probably dumb to expect him to consider me family. And he has his own friends, people who work for him, fight along side him. Kill for him. Die for him...

It's almost a relief, even if it hurts.

I don't know what might happen the next time I see everyone, if I ever see them again. I wonder if they know. Does Ender know what happened to his friends? To the ones I watched die? I used to worry about it a lot, about him finding out, but honestly...I don't care. Frankie, Frannie, her...friend, hell, I didn't even know his name. The only thing they did wrong to Uncle Johnny was being in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and not giving him what he wanted. But, I don't care that they died. I would watch them die again. I would watch all three die as many times as I had too. Because at the end of the day, Ender's friends or not, they aren't my family...Johnny is.

[align=right]so, fuck them.

-DEAR DIARY-

It sure has been a long time since I've written things down like this...it's kind of funny to look back at the kinds of things I wrote down and try to imagine what was going on inside of my head back then, what's going on inside of it now? I guess not much has changed really when it comes to understanding the things inside there, like some sort of puzzle left in pieces.

-ENTRY #8-

Dear diary,

My name is Jade Graves.

Well, it's not really. I know better now, I mean, if being more aware of my past and...the things that lead up to me being here is better than not knowing it. How many days has it been since I stopped using my real name? Since I forgot it, and replaced it with...Jade, why did I even pick that name in the first place I wonder? And Graves...hah, what kind of last name is that even, as if.

Well...

Either way, my name is Jade. I started writing this diary so that I could remember the things that had happened to me each day, to save those memories. So that when I saw, or heard things...that...weren't actually there. Or remembered things in the wrong order, I could look back and make sure of things. And, the reason I stopped writing my diary...I guess it's pretty clear now that I'm sitting here doing it again...I didn't want to remember.

It's been a few weeks since I came back across the border, I'm not entirely sure why I left in the first place, but in these few short weeks everything has changed. Well, maybe it had already changed, and I just didn't want to see it. I haven't seen Arcarius, no matter where I go, I never see him anymore. At first I wanted to see him really badly, I wanted to go back to when things were easier, and simple. Childish. Fun. Sunny. My heart used to hurt when I thought about him, being out there somewhere, afraid and alone. But I'm the one who is alone, I'm cold...and...even if I try not to be, I'm afraid.

It's funny, like I told those guys at their, trap house they called it? During that party. I'm a killer, not a lover. What would Arcarius say if he knew I had blood on my hands now? Could he tell, even back then, that I had taken another person's life? I can remember the last time I saw him. He gave me a hug, a strong one...it, felt nice. What did he say to me exactly? It's hard to remember. I'm almost sure he told me he loved me, I'm pretty sure he did...did, I even say it back? I guess it's stupid to worry about it now...

Well diary I guess the cat's out of the bag, not that I tried to hide it very well. I've killed people, two so far. Gunned them down without a second thought about it, it was pretty easy to do. Well, that's just the ones I've killed personally, I mean...I've seen way more die right in front of me. Especially recently. So many people. 

When I lived with everyone, when I had a new family. I had people I wanted to protect, no matter what. People I would kill for, murder for, die for. Why didn't I stay with Ender? Maybe he was right when I saw him in that house, that night. Maybe Jade did die. Maybe I'm someone else. Maybe that's why I went back to Uncle Johnny. Hell, Johnny is practically my family now...ever since I got back and found him he's been looking out for me, we've been watching each other's back. I know it's not exactly the same as with everyone else, I know it's probably dumb to expect him to consider me family. And he has his own friends, people who work for him, fight along side him. Kill for him. Die for him...

It's almost a relief, even if it hurts.

I don't know what might happen the next time I see everyone, if I ever see them again. I wonder if they know. Does Ender know what happened to his friends? To the ones I watched die? I used to worry about it a lot, about him finding out, but honestly...I don't care. Frankie, Frannie, her...friend, hell, I didn't even know his name. The only thing they did wrong to Uncle Johnny was being in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and not giving him what he wanted. But, I don't care that they died. I would watch them die again. I would watch all three die as many times as I had too. Because at the end of the day, Ender's friends or not, they aren't my family...Johnny is.

[align=right]so, fuck them.

10/10

Is this Johnny the same one I've heard about? Bad guy, Jade. You should pick your friends better. ;)

Is this Johnny the same one I've heard about? Bad guy, Jade. You should pick your friends better. ;)

he's just misunderstood.

Jade has an issue with choosing the wrong people.. there is more action that way