Server time: 2017-08-19, 13:13

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Malcavitch

The Man and the Tree's

Guest Malcavitch   
Guest Malcavitch

Its been a lonely 3 months in Chernarus, I once was a hearty man when nothing but joy filled my heart, now i find myself cold and alone with a deadly stare that i cant help but give. I trust no-one and only help the one's that prove there worth saving. I don't feed off sob stories or self pity, those are the ones i find die first, Like me when those soldiers came to my home, I cared, i fought back and i died, or at least i thought i died. Turns out there was a doctor hiding watching the entire event. I ran to my wife and the bullet i received pierced my chest making a clean exit wound. I would of died that day if that doctor wasn't hiding.

His name was Varrik Strovanik, i never was good at understanding Russian that was her talent, but i new some, enough to understand that they took my wife away to there camp, Tears formed in my eyes, i new she was as good as dead but maybe there would be a chance?. I rummaged through my old things from my past life, drained of energy and stamina but i was a man possessed with purpose. I new what i had to do. I took my spade walked over to the dear hut and and dug underneath it, Energy sapping with every swing of the spade, it didn't take long until i was able to pull the long container from the hole. I caught my breath and opened it. I took the ammo cases and placed them into my cargo pants pocket for easy access. Then the weapon i buried all those years ago i unwrapped from the oiled deer skin. That old 1911 .45 caliber pistol i was awarded from my extensive years in the forces, Holding that weapon again brought back so many memories of my life before meeting her. The years i spent undercover infiltrating that terrorist movement in Afghanistan. The innocents i had to slaughter to prove myself trust worthy, the soldiers i had to execute. It all came flooding back.

Anger flooded me then, as i winced in pain i sat my back against the wooden planks. Stroking the Ivory Engravings on my .45. "Ghost" engraved along the ivory handle. "Never forget who you are" on the other".

I began sweating as i stand up a feel of nausea overcoming me i take step after step. The tree's attack me, whipping me with there branches. Bumping into me with there huge bodies. Then i see them grouped around her pushing her slim body between them near there camp fire. I see her crying tears running down her face crying, I lift my side arm those engravings sending prickles down my wrist. I fire once, twice, thrice and four times, they all drop. I drop exhausted, and slowly crawl to her, I reach her body to find it cold, I begin to cry hysterically, and they come at me from all side slowly approaching, they rip her body away from me dragging it away, only one of them stays behind, he stares at me with those cold insane eyes. " we'll let you live, you wont make a good meal your bodies tainted, but her, hahahaha she's gonna make a fine meal tonight" The man vanishes and everything goes dark.

I awake feeling groggy, everything was a blur then i remember what i saw, I check around me for the bodies but nothing is there, behind me a hole under a deer stand. Trees with bullet holes in them around me.

The doctor stumbles over and gives me some water. "I was hoping you wouldn't die, Drink this my friend" I take his canteen and sip away.

After some fresh Steak a could barely eat, I make my way to my small hut and lay on my bed, I think to myself "I must regain my strength, i must be strong"

Its been weeks since that all happened. I now stalk the woods, I never take chances, I watch everyone from a distance, I gather intel, and most of all i track down those bastards who took my wife.

Murdercool    32

Interesting read Mal. Hope you write some more. Only criticism is that there is a few grammar and spelling errors. Apart from that I enjoyed it. :)

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Great story so far. Would love to hear the next chapter and see you expand it some more. Good job !

Guest Malcavitch   
Guest Malcavitch

Got plenty of time on my hands so will get chapter 2 up for you guys soon :)

Guest Malcavitch   
Guest Malcavitch

The man in the Tree's (Part 2)

First encounter

Sam awakened pulling himself up with a groan, He stretches his limbs and heads North of the Bay of Tikhaya leaving behind what he once called home. He knows these woods like the back of his hand and he knows close by their is a military base near by as he and his wife used to receive the fresh recruits on there way by. Its been a good month since anyone came, which Sam felt a slight unease about as there would be fresh troops every 2-3 weeks coming by his small hut.

Sam take a knee under a near by tree as he searches the clearing ahead aware that there is or at least was a civil war in progress. Maybe that was the reason for the lack of fresh troop's, could the war be over? Sam ponders on the thought of the war actually been over, surely it would be for the best no matter who won?

Once Sam is happy the clearing is clear he slowly walks up the hill over the open land heading what he suspects to be a north eastern direction.

Sam see's the barbed fence up ahead an lowers to a crouch he inspects the area in front of him, searching carefully for any silhouettes in the tree line and watch towers.

Sam get's back up to his feet and wanders cautiously over to the military gate's and shouts "I mean no harm, i am armed but my weapons are holstered and unloaded"

Sam waits for a response but there is no answer, no sound and no movement that he can hear nor see in the camp.

Sam walks in hands above his head to show he means no harm, Something doesn't feel right Sam say's just as he hears some sort of rumbling in the barracks ahead past the garage.

Sam knocks twice on the door and is unsure what the response in return is given. Sam opens the door and instinct takes control of his body and movement as he move's in to the back of the barracks he see's a man convulsing from his mouth shaking on the floor. "Are you alright there do you need medical help?" Sam Screams "Medic, We need a fucking Medic in here NOW!!" Sam bends over the dying man and puts him in a recovery position, It only takes a few minutes until the body lays there still. Sam puts the wool bedding over the body and said to himself "Something is wrong here, could they be using biological weapons now?" Sam walks shaking his head in disbelief, and stops in his tracks as he see's a man with his head down standing, at the door way. "Hello? The man in the back just died he was foaming at the mouth, Whats going on here?" froooghhheegha the man in the door way responds. Sorry i don't understand Russian! Do you speak English?" Sam said in return.

The man looks up and something doesn't seem right he looks like he has been shot several time's, blood soaked clothing and a bite mark to the cheek front he looks of thing's it was hard to tell with the dirt and blood covered skin. Then the smell hit Sam, The smell of rotten corpses that once smelled you'll never forget the scent. The man stumbles forward stumbling from wall to wall, growling at each hit. His eyes a murky golden brown color with dilated pupils and blood shot retina's. The man Flings himself on Sam as he tries to back off, he reaches for his side arm with one hands whilst his forearm is propped under the mans neck holding him back as he falls bum first onto the cold stone floor, then the force of the man on top of him throws him back, so his back cracks the floor. Sam struggles for breathe as the pain in his chest shoots through his body, with a sense of nausea Sam twists his body through instinct knocking the man to the side as his Jaws and hands scramble to take hold of anything. Sam Kneels on the mans arms pinning him down keeping his abdomen out of reach of the man's gnawing jaws. Sam puts his 1911 to the mans head and with a short breath he pulls the trigger. "Click" The sound of an unloaded gun attempting to fire fills the air. "For the love of fuck" Sam mutters. Sam smirks and laughs at his own stupidity, of course the gun wasn't loaded he was in a military base he thought was in operation uninvited, he wasn't stupid. He new what would happen if he was caught with a loaded gun so near the base. Another grumble behind Sam makes him twist his head, The man he just covered up came stumbling out the room growling that same unintelligible nonsense from the man he had pinned. Gun unloaded he roll's into the doorway next to him slamming the door shut with his feet on the way. He knows he doesn't have long so he pulls the bed in front of the door hoping it would delay them for a little longer. Sam fondles with the window and pushes through the gap provided and makes a staggered run back out the compound. Sam hears a crash and some collision from the room he was in, but agony filling his chest, he moves as fast as he can out of the camp into the woods nearby.

"gasp"" I must wa"Gasp"rn the town up a"gasp"head" Sam sais as he moves his way up north sticking to the tree line out of sight.