Server time: 2017-08-22, 01:55

Sign in to follow this  
Murdercool

Dante's Tale

Murdercool    32

I recomend listening to this in the back-ground. I used this while writing this.

aOEDUTx.png

My name is Dante. I began my life in New York, it was all so simple when I was a kid. It felt like New York was the only place in the world. I always wanted to help people, I always wanted to be a fireman. It was my dream, and that dream come true. I guess I first knew I wanted to be a fireman when my Uncle George died. Uncle George was a drinker, and a smoker. It would've happened eventually. Set a blaze his whole home, poor bastard probably was intoxicated to the point where he couldn't feel himself burning. It was unpleasant, because no one could help him. The fireman were to late. I wanted to be fast, I wanted to be quick. I just wanted to put a smile on people's faces. Now no one smiles. I don't even smile.

I was 23 when I met Lucy. She worked in a diner across the road from the fire station I worked in. Sometimes they'd have been doing paper work when there was no fires to hose down. Everyone hated it, not me. From the window in that small dusty room I could see her. She was beautiful. I promised myself everyday that I would go in there, that I would talk to her. I was so shy. People called me timid when I was a kid, I didn't like it because I knew it was true. I never got into fights, never did drugs. Some could say I was a good boy. Never hurt anyone, not like I do now. Lucy would understand. Anyway, finally I plucked up enough courage to go talk to her. Lucy, she had beautiful green eyes. I'd lose myself in them. Chocolate brown hair, that I just wanted to stroke all day. Her perky little lips, I had to restrain myself from kissing all the time. I sat myself at the table, and waited. To my amazement she came over, pen and pad in hands. My heart was in my throat, I could taste it. I stared into her eyes, it took me nearly thirty seconds to realize she was talking to me. I told her I was sorry, and that I was taken away by her beauty. She laughed, we both laughed. I watched her nervously as she scribbled on the pad a phone number. This was where my happiness started.

I didn't know then what I would do without Lucy. She completed me, she made me want to carry on. She was the reason I'd get out of bed in the morning. Lucy, Lucy was the reason I kept living. When I found out, I couldn't have been happier. We'd been together for a year and 3 months. She was pregnant. I kissed her over and over again. I never wanted to leave her, saying goodbye in the morning got harder and harder. Now I knew that she had our baby. Our baby Beth. Thinking about them in my head now, they were always in my head. I never stopped thinking about them. I would be fighting fires, saving people. It all for them, it was to make them proud.

When Beth was born, I stared at her. I held her in my arms. I saw Lucy. I saw a future, where we'd live a happy life together. I felt my heart grow, and grow. Every time I looked at her. They were my life, they were my world. I valued by job highly, but Lucy and Beth seemed to make me forget about it all. The death, the people I couldn't save. My Uncle. It wasn't till my older brother Jack came back from Poland with his new wife Julia that I looked towards Europe. Europe always fascinated me, I enjoyed it here in New York but the history over there always lured me. I had heard about the uprising in Chedaki uprising in Chernarus in 2009 but never looked into it. I looked it up online, and suddenly found myself engrossed. The words on the page screamed out to me. I felt like I wanted to help over there, I'd done a lot here already. I wanted to live there.

I talked to Lucy about it. She didn't feel the same way about it, it broke me up. I thought she'd follow me anywhere. Like I would her. I thought she loved me as much as I loved her. I got angry, I wish I didn't. I was never a violent person, I wouldn't have dreamt of raising my voice to Lucy. I just wish I stopped there, why didn't I stop there. I calmed down and managed to book some tickets for a few weeks holiday. I had a few months holiday from the fire service. I wanted to see what it was like before I decided to move there. Lucy eventually agreed to come and see Chernarus with me, we brought Beth on her first holiday. I was so excited. Beth was 4 years old at this point.

Once we landed in Chernarus. I understood its beauty. I loved it. Everything I had seen of it, everything I had read about it. It all became a reality. Lucy had came to enjoy herself eventually, this made me feel better about it all now. We booked ourselves into a room at pub in the city of Chernogorsk. I couldn't afford anything big like that large hotel, but we knew it was worth it when we saw the city. It was amazing, the air smelt clean. The sea was music to my ears. We never had that in New York. I didn't want to leave. People smiled as we smiled, they all seemed so kind. The fire station caught my eye as we drove past in our taxi. My eyes felt like they were sparkling. I thought about saving lives here, being a fireman. It all made so much sense.

Even for the price we payed for the room in the pub, it was a nice room. Everything aligned perfectly, a fresh new smell to our noses. Even in such a big town, we still hear the distant chirp of the birds from the window. Calling it better than New York, would be an understatement. As we left our bags in the room, and explored the town. My undying love for the country grew, I couldn't believe that once there was conflict here. In such a place of tranquility. We found a nice little restaurant to have a meal in. Our first meal in Chernarus. Beth and Lucy looked so content, away from the stress of the city. I could finally spend some quality time with my family. With the people that meant the most to me. Beth sat in a high chair, playing with her food. Lucy sat opposite me, smiling. Enjoying herself. Our eyes met and locked, they never could not be separated. I didn't want this to end.

It was the next morning my world ended. After such an amazing night. We got the news. I looked toward the TV and listened with shock. There was no way out. It delivered the news that would fuck everything up. The news that would twist a knife through my heart. It was coming, an infection that I couldn't stop. Something that I couldn't save Lucy and Beth from. Lucy ran down stairs with Beth, crying. I felt my heart sink, I felt it burst. I brought them here. I sentenced us all to death. I didn't chase her, I packed the bags. I knew that we could get out of this country some how. The country that I had grown so fond of. The country I thought I'd never leave.

My frustration, my anger. I could not control it. My whole body surged with discomfort. I grabbed a small wooden chair in the room and threw it with all my strength to the TV. I lunged for the TV and smashed it against the floor. I didn't know why I was doing this, it just felt right. I stamped on the TV and kicked it about. I didn't cry, I shouted. I screamed. My lungs felt dry and aged. I looked at my watch, it had been 26 minutes since Lucy and Beth had been gone. 26 whole minutes. I was worried, I was panicking. I forgot about them. My whole body was shaking. My brow was covered in sweat. I ran.

I made my way to the door, stumbling about. I knew what she went to do. She had gone to call her mother, her phone had broken. She always phoned her mother when bad things started to happen. I looked around me, things didn't look good. Things look fucking shit. Clothes and bags and food. Strewn all across the hall way. Why did I bring them here. I made my way past the clothes and stumbled down the stairs. I was panting now. I could feel my breath cutting against my throat. I had made it to the next floor down, there were people. People holding at wounds, holding blood soaked rags. I gave them a short glance and carried on. I needed to find them.

I came to the end of the hall, there were lots of people. My ears were filled with screams of pain. Screams of fear. All facing the door. None of them were Lucy or Beth. I charged my way towards them. I pushed past, there were a 3 men and 2 women. Arguing among themselves. I couldn't understand them. I looked through the window on the door. I saw her. My Lucy. Screaming. Crying. What could I do? I rattled the door handle, I screamed her name. I cried. The door was locked. I shouted to her about Beth. She shook her head, and screamed. I felt, I felt broken. I grabbed one of them men, and shouted in his face. I wanted him to the open the door. I needed him to open the door. He shook his head, spoke the language I didn't understand. I language that didn't matter to me now. I just wanted them. I wanted my Lucy and Beth.

I beat into him, I didn't care if he had it or not. I needed to let my rage out. I screamed at them all. I kept glancing back Lucy, she looked worse than she did. She was covered in blood, was it hers? Was it Beth's? I didn't know. She kept banging on the door, I gave in. I saw figures approaching her. They. They dragged her down. I couldn't see what they were doing. I didn't want to. I heard their fucking groans, they were happy that they took her from me. I wanted to fucking smash their heads in. I didn't care who they were, I don't care who they are. I hate them. The tears kept coming, the anger kept flowing. I didn't know what to do with myself. I just wanted to kill them, it was the first time I ever felt like this. Felt the need to hurt people. I grabbed the same man, his face covered in blood from the last time. Bruises already making their mark. All I could hear was their crying in a foreign language. I kept smashing his head into the floor. Why? I don't know.

They eventually found something to stop me with. A man came behind me and smashed a bottle over my head. I deserved it. I woke up, they were gone. I was alone. If I had a gun then, like I do now. I wouldn't be hear. There would've been a bullet through my skull. No more Dante Harper. No more pain. That would have been a blessing. Back then, I didn't know I had a purpose. A purpose to be found. By the maker.

I left that pub. I never returned. I left Chernogorsk. Made my way up North. I wanted to die that way, I wanted to walk myself to death. A death I believed would have been fitting for me. I didn't deserve to live. I let them die, I hurt them men. I liked it. I don't know why, to this day I still don't. I was dying, starvation and thirst was killing me. I refused to eat or drink. I walked past the chaos, I moved through the runners. They taunted me. They didn't kill me like I wanted them too, it was like they just watched me as I passed. The thing is, I was already dead.

I must have blacked out near a town called Novy. I woke up, a man with a thick bushy beard was staring me in the eyes. Holding a bottle of water to my face. Cans of food were laid across the floor next to him. As he held the back of my head and gave me the water. Everything looked so blurry. I could feel my head throbbing. My eyes were shaking to adjust to this mans face. All I could make out was the outlines. The first words I heard were in another language. I shook my head slowly as I could not understand him. Then he said you kay. His English wasn't great but I didn't care. I croaked back to him no. He lifted me up and took me back to a nearby house. I drifted back to sleep. In the arms of a stranger.

I woke up, with the smell of soup in my face. It was the man again, sitting on the bed I was wrapped up in. I heard him say, you eat. He spooned some soup into my mouth and smiled under his beard. He already looked worn by the surroundings. Like he'd been like this for many years. Name Garbo. He said. I said quietly that my name was Dante. He kept repeating it, he mustn't have heard the name before. I hadn't forgotten what happen. I couldn't get their faces out of my head. It was all my fault they were dead, but I wasn't dead. I was still here, trapped. I thanked Garbo. He left me some supplies to survive on. A fire axe. An Axe I knew all to well, as I recovered and picked it back up I felt whole again. I felt the need to help people. Like Garbo helped me.

I traveled with Garbo for a month. We met good people. We met bad people. Garbo was a reserved man. He approached the weak, in fear that the strong would hurt him. I protected him. Garbo was a bum before the apocalypse. I guess we're all bums now, none of us have homes. We met a man named Otis. A man from Austin Texas. Felt good to meet another American. He was a nice man, he joined our crusade. He never really talked about himself, no one did. Living like this, sucks everything out of you. Talking about the past just makes everything feel worse. What mattered was that we were trying to make a difference, we were trying to help people.

That was until I met him. Dwight. The man I hated, the man I adored. For some reason I respected this man. A man that killed for pleasure, a man that I believed cannibalized people. I protected him though. We found him at the airfield, we knew instantly he was something else. Something dangerous. We had him disarmed, and took him into the forest near the airfield. I remember my heart, beating. Beating so hard. We beat him, I beat him. I wanted to help him, I wanted him to stop what he was doing. No man should enjoy killing. No man should enjoy hurting people, the problem is. I do. I can't help myself. I kept beating into him. My friends, they didn't seem to care. They wanted him dead. I didn't.

After he was stripped, had a bag over his head. His hands in cuffs. They presented me a pistol, they told me to put him down. I looked at them blankly, I told them what I felt. No man should die, it doesn't matter what they've done. I closed my eyes, to think about their request. I felt my head as pain rushed to it. Garbo smacked me round the head, I fell to the ground. I was powerless. They waited beside me, my friends. They were hurting me. They wanted him dead, they were not going to let me stop them. Thing is, they didn't want to do it. I got back up. I felt so betrayed. Again presenting me with the pistol, telling me to do it. Telling me they would kill me! I couldn't believe it. I agreed. I told them to leave me. This man Dwight. A twisted soul, a crazy. A like to the men and women I call friends now. I just wish I saw it more then. I hurt him to much.

I told Garbo and Otis to leave. To give me some space. I was about to kill a man, I had never even dared to try this. I never wanted to kill. I loaded the magnum. One shot. For one kill. I took aim to his head. My hands shaking as my finger slowly squeezed the trigger. Bang.

I shot beside his head. I let him live. Why should he die? Why should I live? We were no different he said, before I pulled the trigger. He told me I would become like him. He was wrong. I took off the bag, and uncuffed him. Sent him on his way quick. I returned to my my 'friends'. Told them I did it, told them I buried the body. They didn't think twice about it. I don't think they ever found out. After that, I didn't see them again. They left me. Like everyone does, they go away in the end. I'm used to it now. Family. Friends. Strangers. They all die, I just like to hold onto them for a little longer. That's my curse.

Months went by. I traveled with people I met. New friends waiting to die. Harvey Stoto. A man like myself. I couldn't hold on to him long enough, he left me. That's when I found them. When I found myself. When I had no one else. I didn't know it at the start, but I know now. I know that the maker saved me. All those times I was close to death, he kept me alive. So I could meet him, the father. I was in Stary. I was alone. Traveling down the road, I was ambushed. There were many of them, hissing and screaming. About 6 of them. Wearing masks to hide their faces. Apart from one. A man in an orange jacket. They called him Father. They sat at his feet, and worshiped him. I had never seen a man with power like that in a while. I respected that. I also bent the knee, but I was scared.

They muttered strange things, things I did not understand. They told me to walk to the church. I did. I couldn't resist. I wouldn't. They interested me to much. The fear in my body, the curiosity. It was so.. Strange. It was that feeling, the feeling I had with Dwight. A man that was just a man in my head now. I followed them into this church, this Father figure. Spoke words that cried out to me. Cried out to his followers. He spoke of a maker, a powerful god. A creator of some sort. My whole body shook, I thought that they were going to kill me. I wanted to stop the fear, but I couldn't. They took me to the front of the church, they wanted to convert me. I tried to resist. I shouldn't have resisted. A man named Simon understood my fear. He looked after me. Called me his pet, I stayed by him. He liked me, I liked him.

The father made me Simon's. I had no choice but to accept. To play along, but was I playing along? Or was the maker already weaving his teachings into my brain. Stitching my future into my skin. The father ordered Simon to mark me. I was frightened. I cried out. Blood came out, along with my fear. I felt purged. I felt drained. Marking an M into my skin. An M for the Maker. Something to remember them by, something to make sure I stayed faithful. I didn't know it them, but they would save my life. They're the reason I didn't place a bullet in my brain.

It was a while before I came back to them. I had to do a lot of thinking. I had to go through a lot more suffering. I had to lose a lot more people. I saw that their numbers were growing. I saw that more people were following the maker. The maker inspired people, thought he voice of this father. I didn't know much about the origins, I didn't care. They were a beacon to me. As I met more and more. My decision became clear. It was either I die. Or I join this family. A family that would keep me alive. Keep me from this suffering. Until they go away. Like everyone else. Everyone goes in the end.

Bubbles    31

Looking gooood, thanks Fisher :)

Murdercool    32

Looking gooood, thanks Fisher :)

Thanks bubs! :D

Murdercool    32

Love it. :D

Thanks Mush! Love yah! :* ;)

Looks Really good buddy.

tldr

Murdercool    32

Looks Really good buddy.

tldr

Thanks m8! I might make a TLDR but then what's the point. You need the detail! ;)

Mario    0

like that ammount of text, not to long not to short and interesting all the way, and some feelings aswell :) yea this is my kind story

Emile    98

Good Read Lad!

Phoenix    1057

Nice Read! I Like it a lot! :)

Guest Pourty   
Guest Pourty

WOW! That was really good, I really enjoyed it, good work!(: