Server time: 2017-10-20, 03:31
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
TL140

If you value your life, don't put it in jeopardy.

TL140    0

So I see a lot of people complaining about Green Mountain most of all, but getting killed or robbed in other high populated area as well.

Admittedly, yes, a lot of KoS happens at GM and a lot of other things happen as well. I can understand if you are on a new character, you have no recollection of GM period. However I see veteran characters talk about all the bad things that go on there and then go and it completely baffles my mind.

I think there is a fine line between in game RP and outside knowledge. The fact remains that as of now, we have no logs. There will be KoSers. And even in-game, word has got out about the robbers and thieves of Green Mountain. So why go there?

If My character was to walk there and see a ton of military guys, he would run the opposite way. But anyways that is just my 2 cents.

/rant

Agreed, my character hasnt been to GM since he was shot there about a month ago. (Attempted KOS) so I use it as an IC and OOC reason not to go there.

Yeah, I see many videos on the report threads and YouTube along these lines. In one such video, a single character walks up to the a Military Base when there is a fire fight going on. Why would someone in their right mind put them self in danger like this. I understand that this is a computer game, but you should have VFL on this server.

Teas    1

My character went through there and it was empty apart from a stinking mass grave. The place creeped me out so I left, if anyone is hanging around there I don't want to be there where are home.

Now I avoid it IC aswell as not wanting to be in the crowd there OOC.

Done.

Roman    0

My character have only heard bad things about GM so he stays away from there, I had to go there yesterday because I was freezing and they had a fire so I could warm myself, but that was me fearing for my life.

Vapor    0

I haven't encountered any problems with Green Mountain. Every time I go there, everyone is having a jolly good time. I see people goofing around, but no one has made an attempt to kill anyone else. I think it is just someone of the people that go there are just unlucky... Which is a lot.

I always go to Green Mountain to obtain new loot and meet new people and that's what's been happening every time. No ruckus!

Mellstrom    21

I tend to go to green mountain, i know a lot of people IG and getting them into a group of 6 is not a problem assuming they got their radio on them. Id stay if you lack the manpower, don't go there.

Volke    131

From my experience, in GM it usually ends up in a report and the RP is less then satisfactory. People just go there to trade, It's annoying having like 10 people come up to you asking for AK mags.... It ruins the immersion for the most part.

Vandy    34

Avoid it like the plague.

Best advice ever.

I haven't encountered any problems with Green Mountain. Every time I go there, everyone is having a jolly good time. I see people goofing around, but no one has made an attempt to kill anyone else. I think it is just someone of the people that go there are just unlucky... Which is a lot.

I always go to Green Mountain to obtain new loot and meet new people and that's what's been happening every time. No ruckus!

Thing is, it's a common place for new players around. The very first days I played in this community I went there as well. Because I did not found any other player hub at that moment.

However after a couple of days I noticed that the rp there is indeed more "goofing around" then anything else. It more "non rp behavior" and badrp.

After a week I already found out that this was not the place for me, and I just didn't go there anymore.

Untill 2 weeks ago. Someone persuaded me to come check it out once more. I followed the group, and before I knew I already heard metagaming and saw non target confirm kills.

It was then that I decided NEVER to go there again.

I have approached Green Mountain once and heard gunshots immediately. I didn't have a good gun so I didn't even risk it.

Dougie    23

Went once or twice when people first started collecting around there but I probably haven't really been back in a month or so...

My character didn't knew there were a lot of bandits around green mountain. Then my character went there and got killed by some bandits without initiation. Unfortunately this happened within 5 minutes of arriving there, thus making my character lose its knowledge that its a dangerous place. Out of character I might just go to safer places instead :)

Zero    459

I just don't understand why someone would literally take the time trying to get white-listed, then just KoS, it baffles me they would waste their time like that. I mean, it's practically taking candy from a baby in a sense, you see someone and they expect you to engage them verbally, then "Bam." Screen goes black. No warning, nothing, I suppose that's what happens when CoD kiddies try playing other games.

I got KOS'd north/northeast of NWAF less than an hour ago. It was outright KOS. I do not understand why someone does this. All I can figure is they have a miserable life and griefing others is the only freedom they have. I feel bad for them, because I will just start another toon which is AOK by me, and rebuild knowing the next wipe is on the way when we all get KOS'd so to speak.

They however, they get to be themselves for the rest of their life - a spineless nobody.

Vandy    34

To be honest. Since I joined I have not been KoS'ed or RDM'ed at all.

Hence, I have not been killed yet. Except for two glitches.

You want to know why? I avoid those places of high interest / non rp behavior and the usual hot spots.

Davos    5

The reason for KOS'ing on these servers is quite simple. These people may or may not have been playing on the open servers, where you have to be cautious constantly or you will be killed without question. If they did play, maybe they just enjoy the killing, or maybe they just want the loot. Perhaps that is there play style, they KOS people in the wild, and role-play when they see groups.

But the reason they do it, is because they can get away with it. Aside from members reporting them and getting banned, they have free roam to go around and murder characters, and quite easily I might add, since they are waiting to hear an initiation. Once the logs come out, it should be easier to judge KOS's and bring down the ban-hammer, clearing these players out of the servers.

Personally, the only reasons I have ever been killed, its by my own mistakes in the wilds, or because once I hit the 1 key instead of the F1 key. They had responded to me via text since the battery on my headset died. Obviously being initiated on and drawing an ax led them to fire at me. The only time you should go to these heavy hit camps is when the servers are literally dead, and you have a group to go with you.

I've been to many "high risk" areas many times. As far as friendlies and quality of RP there I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I've survived every time by using my senses and my judgement.

I try to approach as close as I can without being detected and trying to get at least within earshot. I stay out of sight and I listen for a while, you can find out a lot about a group by listening to the way they talk to each other.

Sometimes I'll overhear them notice a newcomer actually approach and I will observe how they are treated. If things look and sound friendly and the RP seems decent I'll circle around and make an unthreatening approach.

You gotta know when to approach, when to avoid. Don't be afraid to cut and run when things start to get ugly. My character is a civilian, but he's not a moron. When you get into one of these places and the tone starts to change you have to know when to just part ways and walk away... or run!

I think it's been said elsewhere but I strongly believe that patience and observance is the key to survival in DayZ whether it's on open servers or here in RP.

yea for some reason these kids killing on sight are not being band or warn looks like to me, i have had bad experiances in green mauntain my self when you go there is like put your stuff down or we will shoot fraction of a seccond later your dead screen appears so where is the punish i ask? looks like to me these kids got whitelisted into a RP server with rules only to brake them and they keep on doing so why? beats me :(.

I often go to green mountain with my group to trade. And some times its all good but most of the time when we are headed up to the mountain we hear gunshots and people screaming at each other. The last time i went up to green mountain my group got blown up by a random grenade (KoS) when we were sitting around a camp fire. It killed around 12+ people. Some people just dont care anymore, Its upsetting

drewhinny    0

To be honest. Since I joined I have not been KoS'ed or RDM'ed at all.

Hence, I have not been killed yet. Except for two glitches.

You want to know why? I avoid those places of high interest / non rp behavior and the usual hot spots.

Same. Ned has lost all interest in going to GM. His group has his back, and he has his groups.

Bugeye    0

Perhaps my group and I are the luckiest survivors of Chenarus, but we have yet to be initiated on at GM. Every time we go there are usually a rag tag group of random people...usually very friendly. That's not to say that we haven't seen drama unfold...just nothing super dangerous for our characters yet.

I do have to say that the RP there has been getting a bit boring (seems like the same stuff over and over) so we've been trying to move out for a while now (just keep getting sidetracked or lost).