Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 06:11

All these bandits

• Emerald

Ok, so folks, I have seen a lot of reports lately. All against bandits and those who are making this server interesting, I have a few points to make.

1: Bandits make things fun! If everyone is a good guy, there is no one to shoot at or hunt down!

2: Honestly, not a lot of contact being made with a bandit, not uncommon, robbers normally say as little as possible to get the goods, so their voice is not heard enough to memorize the sound, especially if they are wearing a mask.

3: Majority of the time, the victim broke IC first and was saying OOC things. The bandits were normally within character IMO, and don't normally deserve to be reported.

4: DON'T BE CHILDREN! You get robbed! Oh well! Shit happens! Don't get all butt hurt and go cry to the reports right away. Double check others opinions. I was personally guilty of this and did not calm myself before filing the report.

5: If they rob you, and you don't want to comply, simply shoot them, or try to at least, has not worked for me yet but it fits my characters personality perfectly, so I do it, I don't go down without a fight. If I lose, oh well. Stuff happens.

6: This is an RP server guys! The point of the server is to RP not get geared up! Being geared is nice and all but not the main point. Majority of me and my men are happy with M16s and M4s, because that is our characters. United States Soldiers. But honestly a civilian running around with a high powered sniper rifle.... a bit unrealistic even in a zombie apocalypse, they would most likely break the shoulder or be so scared to fire the damned thing that they just would leave it.

• MVP

This is helpful but everyone needs to look at the other side.

Bandits need to work to improve their role-play and realize what they can do to make things better.

Bandits take risks and if their actions are questionable should be reported. This encourages responsible role-play. Bandits should take feedback and work on making their robberies better and more enjoyable.

Like-wise victims should do their best to make sure they survive but the most important thing you can do do is 'communicate'.

If you tell them what you are doing then they know what is happening, so no accident will happen. If you have the intention to comply, then do your best to do so but communicate with the bandits to ensure that everything is understood correctly.

Likewise bandits should communicate as much as they can to make all of their demands clear.

So it is the responsibility of both sides to look at their actions and improve things for future reference.

Edited to include a few bits.

• Emerald

Bandits need to work to improve their role-play and realize what they can do to make things better.

Bandits take risks and if their actions are questionable should be reported. This encourages responsible role-play. Bandits should take feedback and work on making their robberies better and more enjoyable.

Like-wise victims should do their best to make sure they survive but the most important thing you can do do is 'communicate'.

If you tell them what you are doing then they know what is happening, so no accident will happen. If you have the intention to comply, then do your best to do so but communicate with the bandits to ensure that everything is understood correctly.

Likewise bandits should communicate as much as they can to make all of their demands clear.

So it is the responsibility of both sides to look at their actions and improve things for future reference.

I agree wholeheartedly, this thread was made just for the topic of the robbery and the robbers. Many of them have been falsely reported in my eyes, but because of their past have been given temp bans and such instead of warnings. Granted, people being robbed need to talk, or not talk, depends on the robbers, I know I would ask mine to keep quiet so I can actually hear if he "Calls in for support" I notice a lot of people que game instead of TS lol. But I digress, yes, those being robbed need to be more IC as well, but the start is to get toughen up all the people with asses as soft as babies and help them realize that this is a game, yes you should apply logic to it, yes you should enjoy it a great deal, that is what the server is here for, but don't go crying when you are gonna lose your stuff, and a piece of advice for all, act professionally, if you are under 18, act how you should in school, be as mature as you possibly can and these can be avoided.

• MVP

I agree wholeheartedly, this thread was made just for the topic of the robbery and the robbers. Many of them have been falsely reported in my eyes, but because of their past have been given temp bans and such instead of warnings. Granted, people being robbed need to talk, or not talk, depends on the robbers, I know I would ask mine to keep quiet so I can actually hear if he "Calls in for support" I notice a lot of people que game instead of TS lol. But I digress, yes, those being robbed need to be more IC as well, but the start is to get toughen up all the people with asses as soft as babies and help them realize that this is a game, yes you should apply logic to it, yes you should enjoy it a great deal, that is what the server is here for, but don't go crying when you are gonna lose your stuff, and a piece of advice for all, act professionally, if you are under 18, act how you should in school, be as mature as you possibly can and these can be avoided.

Agreed.

However, you cannot punish people for what they believe was in breach of the RP conduct of the server.

What we need to do is encourage people to use the Report Discussion forum more. This is an area where we can examine the problems from both sides and come to an agreement.

If more people used this, both sides would get feedback and realize what could have been done better in the future.

Ultimately we need to educate people, not punish.

• Server Manager

If robbers respected survivors and survivors respected bandits we wouldn't have any reports. Everyone would just get along :P

• Emerald

If robbers respected survivors and survivors respected bandits we wouldn't have any reports. Everyone would just get along :P

Rolle, I wish you looked like your avatar IRL. I would capture you inside my pokeball! xD

• Emerald

Rolle, I wish you looked like your avatar IRL. I would capture you inside my pokeball! xD

That ain't no pokemon.....

• MVP

Aye, cant believe he doesn't know Black Mage :(

Rolle has a good point.

But if discussing RP and banditry, noone would rob everyone because they can (well a psycopath would but they would all be dead after a little while).

Many of the bandits here play in clans with one goal; robbing everyone they see.

IRL noone would risk their life robbing someone unless they had something you need or for protection of your group. Bandits playing this way (e.g RF), not only focusing on robbing everyone they see independent of gear also have a lot fewer reports on them.

Rolle should change name to Vivi :)

Guest Reniz

I have gotten robbed 3 times doing the 9 days i have been alive so far

i have done as asked and so far no harm has happend, I can always gather another simple weapon

agin, and about the whole highpowered advanced weapon i dont use those, as we live in a russian area

i more or less only use russian weapons if i find an american one i might pick it up but overall i prefer the trusty AK's as they are far more common but thats just me

• MVP

Totally agree. I love SDS, for example. The fact that they are jerks in-game doesn't mean that they are jerks in real life. So if they do something you don't like in-game, you shouldn't be angry at them in real life. I think they and other bandits bring diversity to the server, and they make the game more unexpected.

Also agree on the point of this being a roleplaying server. Even in vanilla servers you're not really playing to "level up", to be better than the rest. DayZ isn't like that, and this server even less so. It's about interaction with other players, and bandits are part of that interaction. I don't want to lose my rare weapon I just found, but I do like to be robbed. I like it, because I don't want it to happen. If that makes sense...

I thought it was a Jawa with a hat..

Guest Raging Flamingo

Good post. Personally, if players followed the bandits directions clearly and remain IC, robberies could turn into pretty interesting situations.

If people shriek like a girl, ....SoHam....., that they are going to report you, or similar, the robber is just going to want to get out of there as fast as possible with no fun to be had.

Guest SoHam

The fact is he shot at me and I panicked and informed him through voice chat that I am recording and having him reported for his infraction. But it's ok keep trashing me your just adding to a pile soon to fall over.

Guest Raging Flamingo

The fact is he shot at me and I panicked and informed him through voice chat that I am recording and having him reported for his infa\raction. But it's ok keep trashing me your just adding to a pile soon to fall over.

Made quite a few friends so far. Had a good team fight earlier today against 7th, talked it out afterwards and we both agreed that we should definitely try to make it more interesting next time, with scenarios such as holding hostages for them to rescue and etc.

Perhaps you should aim for this style of play?

Guest SoHam

I do take hostages and RP robberies , Just yesterday I did my usual misleading plea for help turned into a robbery and I stole his vehicle and had him kidnapped for about two hours then took him to tp and returned his stuff.

• Emerald

I know, he is Vivi, from FF9, One of the first of the heroes to be encountered other than the main, who finds out later he is manufactured and was considered a failure, but was VERY epic. I love FF9, but there is nothing in that game I can use to carry him around in my pocket so I had to bring in a pokeball :-P

Also, this thread has gotten off track. And like was said earlier, we had the perfect example of a situation that went south, but you know what? It happened and none of us were butthurt over it, we actually talked it out like was previously mentioned and figured out there can be ways for some AMAZING rp in those situations. Some bandits just go "Drop all your shit" And make that the end of it. But I like the fact that dayzrp has these rules in place, that make it possible to have these interesting scenarios. I personally plan on Chloroforming a member of SDS if I can ever catch them alone and bring them in for interrogation, most likely breaking their leg with a gun shot to prevent them from getting away xD

• MVP

I personally plan on Chloroforming a member of SDS if I can ever catch them alone and bring them in for interrogation, most likely breaking their leg with a gun shot to prevent them from getting away xD

That sounds... fun

• Emerald

I personally plan on Chloroforming a member of SDS if I can ever catch them alone and bring them in for interrogation, most likely breaking their leg with a gun shot to prevent them from getting away xD

That sounds... fun

It won't just be a simple scenario, it will be confusing as hell, and there will be opportunities to escape. xD

• Emerald

Let's just have robberies be able little bit about the role playing, and less about "just drop your gear and leave because we are boring idiots"

And yes victims should be less attached to their gear. It's just a game, remember that.