Server time: 2017-08-24, 05:07

Sign in to follow this  
JakeTheDog06

Mic issues :(

Question

Been having issues with my mic in game will sound terrible, cut out, robotic at times even. But the real problem is in Teamspeak literally at the same moment I am having issues in game will sound fine. I have used two different headsets at this point and am getting very annoyed. Was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue?

16 answers to this question

Did you properly set your headset to the default device for both input and output? It could be using some sort of built in one as default. I had that problem when I had a built in mic on my laptop, and it would make me sound like shit due to it being poor quality.

Tamaster92    14

It very well could be what diggy suggested above ^

Other than that how did others sound IG to you? Perhaps it was a server wide issue?

Did you properly set your headset to the default device for both input and output? It could be using some sort of built in one as default. I had that problem when I had a built in mic on my laptop, and it would make me sound like shit due to it being poor quality.

Yes I have it set properly in my sound config, this is on my desktop.

It very well could be what diggy suggested above ^

Other than that how did others sound IG to you? Perhaps it was a server wide issue?

Others sound fine to me, as well as in game sound. I have had it cut out before on me but happened in awhile.

Tamaster92    14

-snips-

Hmm. Does this happen continuously or was it sort of a one off?

Guest Dalton   
Guest Dalton

Have you done the obvious stuff like update mic software and sound card driver? Can you post your headsets and PC specs? Include your MOBO and PSU too.

-snips-

Hmm. Does this happen continuously or was it sort of a one off?

It is off and on, will be fine at times then others will just poop.

Have you done the obvious stuff like update mic software and sound card driver? Can you post your headsets and PC specs? Include your MOBO and PSU too.

Yes everything is updated drivers, uefi bios. I a getting ready to upgrade to my current board:

Current: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130663

Upgrading: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N2H1EAI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CPU up: http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-5930K-Haswell-E-Processor-BX80648I75930K/dp/B00MMLXMM8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1421774287&sr=1-1&keywords=Intel+Core+i7-5830K&pebp=1421774302505&peasin=B00MMLXMM8

Headset: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153111&cm_re=razer_kraken_pro-_-26-153-111-_-Product

PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010

Tamaster92    14

Could be internet issues on your end? The current codec is very ping sensitive.

Does your ping IG rise when this happens?

Honestly this is the one thing I have not monitored yet, I came also read it is upload heavy. Going to t/s this tonight and ensure only my pc is online. Dsl ftw...

Tamaster92    14

Honestly this is the one thing I have not monitored yet, I came also read it is upload heavy. Going to t/s this tonight and ensure only my pc is online. Dsl ftw...

Good luck and keep us updated!

Bryce_    1

Try different audio jacks? The ones on the front of my PC don't work very well and I have to use the ones in the back. That could help.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Will do thanks!

Try different audio jacks? The ones on the front of my PC don't work very well and I have to use the ones in the back. That could help.

I actually also tried out my USB wireless headset that I have and it had same issues, as well as the back ports on my mobo and keyboard. This is why it is driving me so insane, will be testing tonight.

If you still have trouble private message me I will walk you through it

Hey buddy there was a thread made in the Guides and Tutorials forums for this kind of thing, you can that here. Good luck with getting it to work. :)

Have you had any luck with fixing your mic Jake? If so let us know so we can mark this as solved.

Yes was just coming on to mark as solved, ending up being a upload issue with my internet which is now resolved. Also upgraded my CPU/Mobo and everything works great now, I appreciate the overwhelming support that this post got. I expect nothing less from this community. Thanks again to everyone who posted.

Tamaster92    14

Yes was just coming on to mark as solved, ending up being a upload issue with my internet which is now resolved. Also upgraded my CPU/Mobo and everything works great now, I appreciate the overwhelming support that this post got. I expect nothing less from this community. Thanks again to everyone who posted.

Very glad to hear, look forward to hearing you IG!

/solved