Server time: 2017-10-23, 20:55
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Nova_Ethridge

Shopping Carts

I saw a homeless man today pushing his belongings around in a shopping cart and I had this idea. Once vehicles are added, we should look into how hard it would be to add shopping carts to the game.

For compatibility and simplicity, a shopping cart would basically just be a vehicle similar to a bicycle, but would play a walking animation rather than a riding one. It would have an inventory, and you could store items in it.

I imagine a traveling merchant would love one of these. It moves at the same speed as a player, so you're not going to have bandits trying to steal it from you as often, and it would still provide a way to transport a large amount of items. Plus, you might even add the ability to transport one additional person in the basket as a passenger, for moving injured people around.

The biggest hurdle I can imagine with that one would be having to add custom animations for the cart pushing.

TL140    0

+1

I like this idea. It should even render the items in the cart as well. That would be neat

Mikachu    26

Whilst I appreciate the tenacity these kind of suggestions are kind of useless currently since we won't be able to mod SA for likely just under a year.

I would suggest keeping a list of suggestions somewhere to post once we have access :)

Guest bobman235   
Guest bobman235

I love this idea. I hope we cant get this at somepoint

DG-    0

Really cool idea. When the pushing animations would be done there could be added more similar items, like wheelchairs.

Whilst I appreciate the tenacity these kind of suggestions are kind of useless currently since we won't be able to mod SA for likely just under a year.

I would suggest keeping a list of suggestions somewhere to post once we have access :)

Im curious as to what the Devs of dayzrp are doing currently. I know about the arma 3 stuff, but other than that have you guys leaked any other info of what your doing

Mikachu    26

Im curious as to what the Devs of dayzrp are doing currently. I know about the arma 3 stuff, but other than that have you guys leaked any other info of what your doing

That is pretty much all we are doing :)

forager    0

I was thinking this exact thing the other day as I was pushing a wheelbarrow, you could have shopping carts that carry loads but can only be used on tarmac or conctrete maybe, and wheelbarrows that carry less than a cart but are ok on soft ground

Skhmt    0

+1, absolutely yes.

The Road. Nuff said.

Immediately thought of The Road too!

Vapor    0

I would really love to move shit around the world and go city to city with my shit! Trade this shit for more shit! Shit. This is a good idea.

hahaha, I aalready see myself transporting a guy in the shopping cart, that would look so silly haha.

But I do like the idea yes. But I don´t see modding Dayz in the near future.

Samaritan    350

Where is Lue when you need him. This would have been perfect for Willy 'Whisky' Pete.

Nice idea Lucia. +1 from me.

Roach    1659

I absolutely love this idea. However the models needs to exist in-game to even have one (Meaning the DayZ Devs need to create it). If the model does not exist, not sure how anyone will be able to mod this in here. They would have to create the model, the animation and all. I doubt this will be easy to do if the DayZ Devs don't do it.

Unless of course the DRP Devs create all that and then the community needs to download some files to play the server.

Have you thought of going to the DayZ Website Forums and suggest this?

Great idea again :)