Server time: 2017-10-23, 11:51
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
drewhinny

Adding Musical Instruments

drewhinny    0

I was Wondering what all of you wonderful RPers thought about the developers adding musical instruments to the world of Chernarus. My character Ned is a singer/mouth percussionist, and I know people in his group would love to listen to some good old Guitar around the camp fire. With Ned providing the vocals of course. RPing with my group is so much fun, but once in a while we find ourselves running out of things to talk about. I just think it would be cool (and mind easing for the survivors) to add something like that, to give it a more realistic vibe to the whole post yada-yada. What do you guys think?

Murdercool    29

I'd love this to be honest. I think acoustic music always sets the apocalypse theme for me. I think the developers should take some inspiration from This War of Mine where they used the guitar really well.

MaToLiZeM    0

If the will make a good mechanic fir an acoustic musical instruments then it will be awsome and truly amazing

EddyKreys    0

It's a good idea, IMO. But if you just want to RP as a singer there's no need to wait for the developers to actually add instruments.

For example, a few days ago I was at Green Mountain. There were some guys around a campfire, just chillin. Suddenly one of them pulls out a violin (Just typing in chat *he pulls out a violin*) and starts playing some music through the mic. It was cool, and as you can see there's no need for actual instruments to RP as a musician, as long as you RP properly.

drewhinny    0

It's a good idea, IMO. But if you just want to RP as a singer there's no need to wait for the developers to actually add instruments.

For example, a few days ago I was at Green Mountain. There were some guys around a campfire, just chillin. Suddenly one of them pulls out a violin (Just typing in chat *he pulls out a violin*) and starts playing some music through the mic. It was cool, and as you can see there's no need for actual instruments to RP as a musician, as long as you RP properly.

I agree, that does sound cool. But for hardcore RPing, I thing the look would just be so much better for me if you could see somebody playing something like that. Obv. this game has a long way to go from being done. I just would love to see something of this nature.

EddyKreys    0

I agree, that does sound cool. But for hardcore RPing, I thing the look would just be so much better for me if you could see somebody playing something like that. Obv. this game has a long way to go from being done. I just would love to see something of this nature.

Sure, I understand and I'd like to see something like that added in the future, why not.

What I was trying to say to you is that you should "think outside the box" when it comes to RPing, in my opinion. Just because one feature is not in the game, that doesn't mean that you can't RP it, if you just do it properly. I saw people pretending to use objects that are not in the game, pretending to use animations that are not in the game, and so on. As long as it is done properly, the only limit is your imagination.

Igi    4

Definitely a lovely idea, one that I've considered before... Of course, without the ability to modify the game at the moment, there are no real chances of it happening any time soon sadly.

Plus, should it be added, we'd need the models and textures for said instruments plus an animation unless we have it look ridiculously and treat the instrument as a weapon which might look okay when lowered but weird as hell when raised xD

Robodanjal    0

Definitely a lovely idea, one that I've considered before... Of course, without the ability to modify the game at the moment, there are no real chances of it happening any time soon sadly.

Plus, should it be added, we'd need the models and textures for said instruments plus an animation unless we have it look ridiculously and treat the instrument as a weapon which might look okay when lowered but weird as hell when raised xD

MMB selection to animate the correct position for use as an instrument, in hands for standard use as a weapon.

Would be great if it could be carried on your back too.

OneEighty    0

lol, that was my friend john. and my name was michael back then,the guy with ak-101. john is a musician in real life too. he once wanted to play with instruments and he came up with this idea. everyone liked it so far.i hope its not against the rules.

Roman    0

That's funny, I was actually thinking about this the other day, I would love to be able to pick up a guitar and play IRL via the microphone.

Boia    0

Would be fun if you could find harmonicas in-game.

It is exactly what i was thinking about.

Grihm    16

If we only had the animation of actually holding said instrument in hand and not really doing anything more than perhaps have the hand move a bit or such. Then it´s just to play the music in the mic and enjoy the sight of it.

Guitar - Harmonica - Violin - Flute etc.

No real need for it to be over complicated, but just a visual representation of what you are holding. The sounds in the mic will then take care of the immersion it will bring.

drewhinny    0

If we only had the animation of actually holding said instrument in hand and not really doing anything more than perhaps have the hand move a bit or such. Then it´s just to play the music in the mic and enjoy the sight of it.

Guitar - Harmonica - Violin - Flute etc.

No real need for it to be over complicated, but just a visual representation of what you are holding. The sounds in the mic will then take care of the immersion it will bring.

Agreed.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Inb4 The Remnants of Metallica

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Having a drum, or tambourine, or guitar would be awesome. It would really add to the immersion. Perhaps even accordion :)

Guest kipaja2   
Guest kipaja2

I have seen in a different game where they had musical instruments they used the numbers on the keyboard to all make a different note, that might be cool.

Bxmerk    0

Think it would be awesome, i always hated in skyrim there was a couple of instruments but you could never play them

Bxmerk    0

Imagine having an actual amry march with acompanied rattatat of snare drums.

a special role in every group.....the bard lol

ONIC    0

They should probably just add mp3 players. I feel like an actual instrument would be to much of a hassle

Subso    0

I can play some guitar but I have to get a guitar first... could play some Metro guitar songs or...S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Would really like to see a guitar ingame but...how would you play it? :o