Server time: 2017-08-19, 20:41

Sign in to follow this  
thehuntero

quick question about the game

Question

thehuntero    0

Hi,

Does the game ever glitch out and suddenly your pants and boots are ruined? Or is this a hack? I met a guy and as soon as he saw me my stuff started breaking and he asked if I slipped and fell down.....

I just want to make sure this is for sure a hack before I officially report him.

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

It could be from going up stairs too quickly. The desync causes the server to bring you down from that altitude, making you take fall damage. I usually take a slight pause before walking up stairs due to this. It hasn't happened to me since.

Ark    201

It's not a hack just a glitch in the game when you go up or down stairs . To be honest your lucky you didn't completely break your legs or die.

Volke    132

Yes, it isn't a hack, it's a bug. The game thinks you fell from a height taking fall damage, therefore breaking your pants & boots. It's an annoying bug, so be careful on stairs & second + story buildings :P

Do you think you understand what happened exactly then ?

Multi story buildings tend to do this and I believe also swimming can do this too.

If you only ruined your pants and shoes consider yourself rather lucky as alot of people also die from that glitch on multi story buildings ;)

Tamaster92    14

Multi story buildings tend to do this and I believe also swimming can do this too.

If you only ruined your pants and shoes consider yourself rather lucky as alot of people also die from that glitch on multi story buildings ;)

Very much this :)

To solve it, try vaulting whenever you go up or down stairs or such. This resets your position for the server and prevents the lag damage.

/solved