Server time: 2017-10-24, 06:01
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
dayaffe

Whitelist question

Question

dayaffe    0

I realize that in the FAQ it says:

"Q: Why do I keep getting moved back in the whitelist queue? For example I was 4/12, now I am 37/55?

A: It's because other people who have applied for whitelist have donated or written a longer/better application than you or are more active. The whitelist system is not first-come, first-served basis, we handle quality applications and donors first. Even though it will take longer, your application will eventually get reviewed."

But it has been about 5 days since I submitted my whitelist application and I am about 177/299 (last time I checked). This is nearly same place I was 5 days ago. The notion that "longer = better/more quality" is ridiculous. In writing, the best way to write something is usually the most concise. I did not realize that length mattered so much as long as I met the requirements. Thus, I wrote well and not too much. Coincidentally, I have been waiting an extreme amount of time with no luck. Is there any chance that my application will even be read? My movement in the queue suggests not.

(I apologize for my rant)

4 answers to this question

Josh    37

Your frustration is understood.

We have been getting a massive amount of whitelists recently and have had to shut the whitelist down on the weekends because of the volume.

Yes EVERY whitelist that is submitted will be reviewed.

For a few days only the priority Queue was being reviewed, again for sheer volume of submissions.

Once again im sorry for the inconvenience and your submission will be reviewed

Good luck!

dayaffe    0

Thank you for your response! Much appreciated. I understand that there is a large volume and how that must make the process that much more difficult, but I was particularly frustrated that those applications which were longer were considered "of higher quality", making them ahead of me in the queue. I wonder if I had a poll, who else might agree with me. But despite that, has the "normal" queue begun being reviewed again?

Josh    37

/Solving

From the whitelist page.

"Due to a large amount of applications we are currently only reviewing a limited number of them. The priority queue includes applications that meet our certain standards and donors. We are sorry for the inconvenience".

Once again i'm sorry for the wait, hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

Hang in there. :)