Server time: 2017-08-22, 18:31

Sign in to follow this  
Yokai

Logging in rules?

Question

Yokai    0

What are the rules for someone logging in? Can you hold them up? Can you handcuff them?

I logged in and before I could even see I'm getting held up. Is this allowed?

6 answers to this question

As long as it is a valid initiation there is not problem with it. I would highly recommend logging off in a safe, non-populated area.

If you see someone log in, you're required to give them some time to load up. This was addressed in the past on the mod server. If they're loading, you cannot be sure they are able to hear your initiation, and if they can't hear you or see your text, then it's not a valid initiation.

Your best bet is to wait until you see them moving around so you know they're fully loaded in.

Yokai    0

As long as it is a valid initiation there is not problem with it. I would highly recommend logging off in a safe, non-populated area.

Ok. I wasn't even able to react to anything they were saying. It was just pitch black but I could hear like walking, talking, etc. I think I might have been bugged, but I couldn't even comply if i wanted.

Anyways, thanks

It could be seen as abuse of game mechanics if someone initiated on me whilst I was loading in, just because I have no awareness of what's really going on around me and can't really comply to the initiators commands.

Baron    2

It's good to document such things as this, by simply recording, taking screenshots, you can confer with others and provide evidence to see whether or not this truly was a questionable act. I'm pretty sure that anyone initiating on you in this situation would have either been entirely aware of your just having logged in and even further they most likely took advantage of such a thing. Next time, it might be best to take the time to prepare the ability to record, or if they're typing, screenshot the situation.

It can make all the difference, just to elaborate on what others have said.

This could be considered abuse of game mechanics as stated above. If it is obvious that you are logging in, they should atleast give you until your character starts moving before initiating, if this did happen to you I would open a report discussion just to get more opinions from the community and possible a pov of the accused...with that being said I will mark this as solved but it will remain open just incase you have something else to ask:)

/solving