Server time: 2017-10-22, 06:31
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
HiGGi

Stream Sniping

Question

HiGGi    27

I've got absolutely no problem with people streaming DayZRP and people watching it being streamed. But when people get information from the stream and act on it IG that obviously becomes a problem.

My question is, is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Q34Gdz4.png

Above is a screenshot of just one of many comments saying we were going to be hunted down by Sarah Jones' stream. I was sent this after i had logged off and was only on the stream when the server crashed and after i had logged off.

17 answers to this question

Ghost of Levi    8

Using information from these kinds of sources is considered metagaming becouse the actor/ character should not be able to optain this info in anyway, so basicly any info used that appears in the chat could be considered metagaming.

And regarding your question, no there is not much you can do about it, i mean it happens and you cant preventpeople from reading it besides from preventing the people from playing tbh

HiGGi    27

Using information from these kinds of sources is considered metagaming becouse the actor/ character should not be able to optain this info in anyway, so basicly any info used that appears in the chat could be considered metagaming.

And regarding your question, no there is not much you can do about it, i mean it happens and you cant preventpeople from reading it besides from preventing the people from playing tbh

Yeah i know it's unfortunate. I think i'm probably going to stay away from these streams as i'm now being accused of ruining DayZRP due to asking for some of the viewers to stop hunting us down as they don't have any IG knowledge of our actions that took place on the stream lol.

Ghost of Levi    8

when they run upto you check their pulse and ask them how they optained this information, take screenshots/ record and report, sadly thats the only option youll have...

HiGGi    27

when they run upto you check their pulse and ask them how they optained this information, take screenshots/ record and report, sadly thats the only option youll have...

I've logged now. This happened around 3 hours ago i think. None of our group were harmed so i guess that's a positive.

Ghost of Levi    8

the obvious downside here, is that people will remember your name, and even weeks from now you might feel the effects from it,... happened to me too... its just... people that dont have common scence

IAmJackBandit    80

As said above, if something like this does happen it is clearly metagaming and those that attempt to do it should be punished. If you could, get the names of the users on twitch, most people usually use the same name for all accounts...get their names on here and maybe their ingame names and make a report.

Mamba    0

Was going to make a similar post. especially when all those people attempt to attack

The Author refers to ¨We¨ so maybe he sees himself as one with the stream.

Perhaps the streamer should inform more about this during stream even though it shouldn't be needed as its clearly in the rules.

Volke    131

Yes like many have suggested you can report them for that, it is a form of metagaming (using OOC knowledge ICly)

IAmJackBandit    80

Higgi has your concerns been address and are you satisfied with the answers?

Hofer    20

You could also set up a delay on your stream, which makes it harder for them to find you IF they decide to do it anyways.

Yes you can report them, but the ruined playsession/RP can't be replaced.

Mikachu    26

As per others -

Yes, stream sniping is not allowed. It is however difficult to prove. IF you get stream sniped please do report it, we will always do our best to track down and punish those who did wrong.

/solved

Hatch    0

Scott explained what he meant in chat to you already. When he says "we" he means the chat gets involved by watching, thus, creating this shared story. No one even comes IG to try and hunt you, the viewers get involved with the story just by watching.

HiGGi    27

Scott explained what he meant in chat to you already. When he says "we" he means the chat gets involved by watching, thus, creating this shared story. No one even comes IG to try and hunt you, the viewers get involved with the story just by watching.

Yeah I spoke to that guy on the stream and apologised to him for accusing him of that and understand that some of the people in the stream enjoy becoming a part of the story through watching it on the stream without becoming physically involved but there was still at least I think five or six people who came down to Zelenogorsk and began firing on our guys.

Autocorrect sorry boiz

Hatch    0

Yeah I spoke to that guy on the stream and apologised to him for accusing him of that and understand that some of the people in the stream enjoy becoming a part of the stream through watching it but there was still at least I think five or six people who came down to Zelenogorsk and began firing on out guys.

Ah I see, that sucks then. When I was watching chat all I saw were people asking for the server and location but they didn't know it was a whitelisted server.

HiGGi    27

Yeah I spoke to that guy on the stream and apologised to him for accusing him of that and understand that some of the people in the stream enjoy becoming a part of the stream through watching it but there was still at least I think five or six people who came down to Zelenogorsk and began firing on out guys.

Ah I see, that sucks then. When I was watching chat all I saw were people asking for the server and location but they didn't know it was a whitelisted server.

Yeah haha man some of the comments were brilliant. People were saying stuff like "THese guys are just being dicks bcos they failed the school play" and "i can't watch them be mean to this beautiful women"

Da white knighting is real lol.