Server time: 2017-10-20, 18:13
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

3rd person

Question

Eagle    409

i am curious if it is rp to call demands over a wall such as drop your guns and such over a wall on 3rd person servers using 3rd person fully to gain a advantage over the target?

9 answers to this question

In my opinion? Hell no, it's metagaming.

However, it's allowed by the server admins, so it's permissible, albeit bad RP.

Eagle    409

this came to my mind when i asked a helper about a report that was made on a certain person that used 3rd person to over look the wall and bark orders on the groub and i was told it was okay but in my eyes i feel its bad rp over all using it to call anything over walls

Diggy    0

In my opinion? Hell no, it's metagaming.

However, it's allowed by the server admins, so it's permissible, albeit bad RP.

I'd argue one could make a strong case for metagaming depending on the situation. Initiating on a camp where people frequent from the outside is obviously realistic considering, but if you are alone and someone initiates on you from behind a wall you would have a pretty good idea they are abusing the game mechanics.

I'd argue one could make a strong case for metagaming depending on the situation. Initiating on a camp where people frequent from the outside is obviously realistic considering, but if you are alone and someone initiates on you from behind a wall you would have a pretty good idea they are abusing the game mechanics.

More specifically, I'm saying that using the camera to look around corners is metagaming, but again, because it's allowed on the server, we overlook it.

Volke    131

If you worry that this in particular may happen, you could play on S3 the 1st person pov server so that this would never happen :P

Owen    14

This is a very good video comparing both:

[video=youtube]

I would not do that in 3rd person as it is not only cheating but pulls from the experience described in the video above. But that mechanic is there for us to use and if it was not intended that way then you would not be able to use it.

Eagle    409

awsome video and yes i totally agree i play'd on the 1st person server for the first time and i was for the first time actually scared for my life and actions that i did or movements.

what i think needs to be done to DayZ Standalone is to put a 2nd person wive if people don't trust them self's in 1st person since it has a proper scare factor to it in both ways since 3rd person is like having a drone at all times over your head .

McDugals    39

It seems like you've gotten the answers you wanted. I will mark this as solved. Should you have any other questions please PM me or any of the other CHs.