Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 04:18

Basic RP guide for bandits and victims.

• Emerald

First off:

I do not have anything against bandits. Its just that people have different opinions on what is RP or what is "ok" in a robbery situation. I'am making this to help both parties.

Also feel free to add or fix things with replying in the comments below (Try to mark the specific section, it makes it easier to fix or add). If I wrote something that you think is totally wrong, you can comment on it and i will fix it.

So lets get started, from the start robbery to sending them away/ running away (If they did everything right and no firefight broke out):

For the bandits!

Since the new server rules you have to stay IC (In character) and follow your characters backstory when you rob someone. That means that all the actions you want the person you are robbing to do and everything you want him to know must be done IC.

It is okay to use robbery messages, but now the message has to be IC, clever and fit with your background story/ clan. It is easier to rob people if you use voice chat and if you are not sure if you can be heard ingame, check with a fellow clan member/ friend before you start a robbery.

If the person you are robbing are out of character: don't follow the same path, but instead report him on the forums so the admins can take care of it (Note: If its a new person to the server or a minor mishap you can always make a discussion report or pm him and tell him what you think he did wrong and solve it between yourself's). The trick to awesome RP is to keep going.. Even if it gets weird.

Also take note that using recording programs can make reports easier if something goes wrong and rules are broken.

Easy pitfalls or wrong things to do/ say (please feel free to write a comment with something you want added or fixed):

1: If you want to see a players name or if you want him to type it start with:

"What's your name?"

He says his name is "Gråtass", but you don't believe him.

DO:

" I don't believe you! Take out your wallet and show me your ID , I can see it sticking out of your pocket. "

and if he does not understand what you want then you can try to type:

"(( Type it! ))"

Then you at least tried the RP the situation.

DON'T:

"Type your name!"

Its not RP at all. The player you are robbing should not know how to type his name just like that. Try to RP it.

2: If you want him to drop his tools (GPS, Hatchet, NVG's, Rangefinders etc) it gets a lot more difficult:

Start with:

"Do you have a GPS or anything valuable on your body right now?"

The person says: "No."

Of course you don't believe him, but how do you do check/ do it?

DO:

You can always try the test, but you have to RP it:

"OK mister, I don't believe you! Take my GPS and put it in that left pocket people usually put their GPS and let's see if it fits!"

(As of now I'am still not sure how to do this correctly. So please write a response with what you think the bandit should say to RP this and if you think someone else has it correct reply to their comment with "+1")

DON'T:

"Im going to do the test on you! try to take up my GPS and if you can't i know you have one on you!"

Its not RP. Nuff said.

3: When you are sending the victim away.

DO:

"Ok. Run in the direction im pointing with my gun until you get blisters! If i see you back here I will kill you!"

It's simple and easy for the victim to follow! Of course you can get him/her to do other things, but remember: You have to RP it.

DON'T

"Run in that direction and don't come back before ten minutes has passed or I can shoot you and not get reported!" (or something like that)

Its not RP. Nuff said.

(Thats all I could think of, but feel free to reply with something you want added here)

For the victims!

Since the new server rules you have to stay IC (In character) and follow your characters back story when you are getting robbed. That means that everything you want to say to your robber must be done IC.

You have the easiest job as a victim: Comply to the robbers demands/ orders and keep in character.

If the person you are being robbed by is out of character: don't follow the same path, but instead report him on the forums so the admins can take care of it (Note: If its a new person to the server or a minor mishap you can always make a discussion report or pm him and tell him what you think he did wrong and solve it between yourself's). The trick to awesome RP is to keep going.. Even if it gets weird.

Also take note that using recording programs can make reports easier if something goes wrong and rules are broken.

Easy pitfalls or wrong things to do/ say (please feel free to write a comment with something you want added or fixed):

1: The robber is about to kill you or have killed you and you have done nothing wrong.

DO:

Keep quiet and report it as fast as possible or make a report discussion if you're not 100% sure it was a KOS/RDM (Kill on sight/ Random death match)

DON'T:

say: "OMG, IM GOING TO REPORT YOU! YOU ARE BREAKING THE RULES!"

As I have stated many times above: Stay in character!

2: The robbers initiated on you.

DO:

Comply or don't and keep in character.

If you comply follow their commands/ orders IC.

If you die because you did not follow orders/ started fighting back its your own fault.

DON'T:

Start whining over rules or anything OOC (Out of character).

Don't say things after they killed you because you did not follow the orders that where given: "FUCK YOU BLA BLA BLA!".

When you are dead you're dead.. you cant speak.. even if you want to say "Good fight guys!" don't do it.. Do everything OOC related on the forums.

3: If the robber is doing something OOC/ or something else that is against the rules:

DO:

Stay in character and report the problem as fast as possible.

Note: If it was a minor mistake or something you are unsure about you can always make a report discussion about it or send the robber a message and fix it between yourself's.

DON'T:

Inform him about it and make a report.

Example: "Dude, thats OOC, im reporting you!"

If you do you can both get in trouble. Stay in character.

(Thats all I could think of, but feel free to reply with something you want added here)

This is all I could think of at the top of my head! Please reply with whatever you want changed or if you want something added to either of the parties! :)

Guest SoHam

I was using it as a example because both sides were in the wrong and if there's a way to fuck up a robbery all three of us did it. Lol and I see this as being used for Bambi's new to the server bettering there rp and what not a better way than to show them how not to do it? Maybe you should stage robberies with your friends and do a couple on what not to do ( robers wrong then victims wrong then both wron) then do some different ones on how a proper robbery should go down.

• Emerald

I was using it as a example because both sides were in the wrong and if there's a way to fuck up a robbery all three of us did it. Lol and I see this as being used for Bambi's new to the server bettering there rp and what not a better way than to show them how not to do it? Maybe you should stage robberies with your friends and do a couple on what not to do ( robers wrong then victims wrong then both wron) then do some different ones on how a proper robbery should go down.

Going to run that by my clan and see if we can do that ;)

Guest Reniz

1 can of beans for you hawky for this guide

I have been robbed more then once and havent gotten killed yet since i did as i was asked

and dident take chances since for me my characters life matters more then a weapon, you can always get back up agin so there isent a reason to risk dieing for it as it is a RP server afterall?

• Emerald

1 can of beans for you hawky for this guide

I have been robbed more then once and havent gotten killed yet since i did as i was asked

and dident take chances since for me my characters life matters more then a weapon, you can always get back up agin so there isent a reason to risk dieing for it as it is a RP server afterall?

Exactly..

• Emerald

Maybe add if you are in a hostage position what to do and then the same for the bandits.

Will add that later.. Now I have to get some sleep and I also have to figure out how to write it..