Server time: 2017-10-19, 02:03
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Besphynx

Gaming Rig Suggestions

Besphynx    0

So, sorting out a new gaming Rig and I have £1350 ish to spend and I will be making it myself.

I have put some parts together myself and this is what I have come up with so far,

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/xs4GwP

Any suggestions on what I could get differently?

-Updated back up to 750W PSU and 2x8GB 1866 RAM

Valkerion    0

the only suggestions id make is to up the PSU as its only 500w and perhaps opt for 2x8gb ram instead of 4x4gb other than you cant really get much better currently honestly.

Besphynx    0

the only suggestions id make is to up the PSU as its only 500w and perhaps opt for 2x8gb ram instead of 4x4gb other than you cant really get much better currently honestly.

Yeah, I did originally have it at 750W - Corsair CX750M but I can go back to that, also I could easily get the 2 sticks instead of the 4.

I have tried to think things through as much as possible and all the parts fit within the case and easily in the motherboard so there is no issue with things not fitting :)

Valkerion    0

Yeah, I did originally have it at 750W - Corsair CX750M but I can go back to that, also I could easily get the 2 sticks instead of the 4.

I have tried to think things through as much as possible and all the parts fit within the case and easily in the motherboard so there is no issue with things not fitting :)

you literally cant get much better than that at the moment like i said its just the PSU id consider changing as you're running a lot of high end stuff on a relatively low watt PSU everything else is all good even the RAM doesnt need to be changed to be fair i would prefer 2x8gb personally but 4x4gb wouldnt really be any different.

Glenn    10

Nice, but i don't understand why to take an I7 with Hyper-Treating?

There is no game available yet who uses 8 cores and won't be here in the next 5 - 10 years.

I would suggest to save some money and get a normal Quid-core I5, also what our robo m12 said valkerion, better to use 2X8 GB ram.

Valkerion    0

There is no game available yet who uses 8 cores and won't be here in the next 5 - 10 years.

Exactly mate future proofing :P il be grabbing one of these end of the month as well

Glenn    10

Exactly mate future proofing :P il be grabbing one of these end of the month as well

Yes, but you won't be using your computer for more then 4 years.

Atleast i don't, mine is almost 4 years old. time to sell it to some kid and i will buy a new one for 900€

I could spend more, but i rather have a motherboard that is fitting like a glove with the CPU. Sometimes it will be fast, but will outrun the rest of the computer.

It need to be like an engine, working smooth. :P

Stuff that is on the computer that won't do anything because nothing can handle it won't do good.

It won't cause a big problem but it is just waste, he could spend that money on a power supply.

Besphynx    0

Atleast i don't, mine is almost 4 years old. time to sell it to some kid and i will buy a new one for 900€

I could spend more, but i rather have a motherboard that is fitting like a glove with the CPU. Sometimes it will be fast, but will outrun the rest of the computer.

Stuff that is on the computer that won't do anything because nothing can handle it won't do good.

It won't cause a big problem but it is just waste, he could spend that money on a power supply.

Power supply is 750W and Ram is 2x8GB sticks. Might aswell stick with the i7 4790k as I have it myself and it is a pretty good CPU, noticeable difference in most games!

Also, why shouldn't I keep with the i7 and go down to the i5 that will be worthless in 1-2 years when I could just got for the i7 and be good for another 4+?

Rather just spend the money now then and get it out of the way then spend more in the future fixing a fuck up :/

Anyway, it aint for me, just building it for a friend and thought I would get some final advice or a stamp of approval :P

Skhmt    0

Power supply is 750W and Ram is 2x8GB sticks. Might aswell stick with the i7 4790k as I have it myself and it is a pretty good CPU, noticeable difference in most games!

Also, why shouldn't I keep with the i7 and go down to the i5 that will be worthless in 1-2 years when I could just got for the i7 and be good for another 4+?

Rather just spend the money now then and get it out of the way then spend more in the future fixing a fuck up :/

Anyway, it aint for me, just building it for a friend and thought I would get some final advice or a stamp of approval :P

If it's actually a gaming computer and not used for any intensive multimedia tasks like encoding a lot of video, processing huge (like in the GB range) images, etc... A modern i5 will probably last you at least 4 years before it becomes the bottleneck in gaming. And even then, you'll still make the requirements for another few years. Put it this way, Evolve is a AAA game releasing soon... And the minimum intel CPU required was released in July 2006 for $316. It was still under the Core2Duo brand name which of course means it only has two cores.

The difference between a devils canyon i5 and a top of the line Haswell-e i7 is like $700 (just the CPU, haswell-e also requires much more expensive motherboards and ram) and 1-2 fps.

Glenn    10

Not really true, if you get a 230€ I5 CPU it will get you 4 years of great gaming, a CPU won't last only for short years.

You must see it like this, i will but a 2000€ graphics card way over the top of everything, newest of the newest. in 1,5 year there will be a graphic card for 700€ with the same spects, just the same but in a different case.

damn just wasted 1300€ in 1,5 year.

there are CPU's who are do not have Hyper treating who are just as good and maybe better then an I7.

The newest doesn't always mean the best, in a couple of weeks or months there can be something just as good but for a lower price.

I've seen it, made mistakes with that and learned from it.

At school i always had to keep track of the upgrades made for lower costs.

Steve    0

get an all in one liquid cooler and oc that i7 to at least 4.5 i run my i5 at 4.7Ghz at 1.3V at a constant 50 degree. Cooling it is a corsair h105, it works like a charm.

Also it looks really fancy

Mathematics    0

Not much I can say but I ended up with an ASRock 970 Extreme4 with an AMD FX-8350n8-core CPU combo. Chances are it'll outdo performance from any i5 or i7! (Random gloating post for the week, check!)

Course, I need to get an SATA optical drive now since my old, old desktop from 5+ years has a CD drive that don't do SATA... Heh

Hofer    20

Wut you gon play on it? (apart from DayZ)

gr1ves    3

The only thing I dont like about that PC is Windows 8.1. they are crap. Win 7 is far better.

tumblr_mgqn2xw3C91r5ls6go1_500.gif

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

I would try to futureproof the CPU and Mobo as much as possible. I have a I7-4930 CPU and a ASUS Sabretooth Mobo to go with it. I don't think I will need to upgrade that for at least 5+ years.