Server time: 2017-10-23, 11:53
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
SlimJim

Cannibalism?

Question

SlimJim    0

I've played alot of DayZ SA but i always play a a Hero, I'm still yet to chop up or even eat another player, does it give you any side effects? If so what are they?

Thanks for your Replies :)

10 answers to this question

SlimJim    0

For real? You've got be having me on?

i want to find out for myself but i can't bring myself to do it :/

I didn't click reply (Noobie)

Grihm    16

I've played alot of DayZ SA but i always play a a Hero, I'm still yet to chop up or even eat another player, does it give you any side effects? If so what are they?

First, please read up on the rules and make sure you understand exactly what is what when it comes to Cannibalism, killing anyone and situational rules for this.

In short.

First, you cannot kill another player just to get something to eat.

Second, the illness you get from it is permanent and can never be healed.

Third, the meat you get "could" be given or force fed to others, but that is a serious breaking of the rules and could end up in a ban.

Do not just "try it on" for laughs. Cannibalism is extremely wrong placed here and should not even exist. However, the game core has added it so we have gotten it as well. Just don´t use it as the flavor of the month and alter other players RP with what you do. Also, Cannibals are not always seen as the kindest people around. Not all will fear you, some will hunt you as well.

Make sure you are dead on in all questions you might have before you do anything.

SlimJim    0

First, please read up on the rules and make sure you understand exactly what is what when it comes to Cannibalism, killing anyone and situational rules for this.

In short.

First, you cannot kill another player just to get something to eat.

Second, the illness you get from it is permanent and can never be healed.

Third, the meat you get "could" be given or force fed to others, but that is a serious breaking of the rules and could end up in a ban.

Do not just "try it on" for laughs. Cannibalism is extremely wrong placed here and should not even exist. However, the game core has added it so we have gotten it as well. Just don´t use it as the flavor of the month and alter other players RP with what you do. Also, Cannibals are not always seen as the kindest people around. Not all will fear you, some will hunt you as well.

Make sure you are dead on in all questions you might have before you do anything.

I don't plan on being a cannibal or killing anyone, i was just wondering what the effects were:) I want decent RP so i plan i being as respectful to others as possible :)

Baron    2

Just to add to what others have said/clarify.

Characters who have engaged in cannibalism have around a 50% chance to contract something known as "Brain Disease." This causes visible twitching, audible laughing and crying. I must stress however that there is currently a glitch in the game mechanics that dictate that some characters who haven't even eaten human flesh, have these symptoms, you cannot merely kill someone for displaying them at the moment, for it can be entirely down to a bugged mechanic.

There are currently no other pros or cons to the usage, bar the previously stated rules there's not much else to explain, really.

SlimJim    0

Just to add to what others have said/clarify.

Characters who have engaged in cannibalism have around a 50% chance to contract something known as "Brain Disease." This causes visible twitching, audible laughing and crying. I must stress however that there is currently a glitch in the game mechanics that dictate that some characters who haven't even eaten human flesh, have these symptoms, you cannot merely kill someone for displaying them at the moment, for it can be entirely down to a bugged mechanic.

There are currently no other pros or cons to the usage, bar the previously stated rules there's not much else to explain, really.

Ok thanks for all your replies, The community here is something others should be striving for, such great people :)

redspear461    3

If you've seen Mr. Moon's videos, he does a great job portraying how a Cannibal acts, and I thought he played the part very well :) I wouldn't suggest playing a cannibal though, as it is hard to pull off, and you can easily get banned for it, but if you think you can pull off the role, all the power to ya bud :P

SlimJim    0

If you've seen Mr. Moon's videos, he does a great job portraying how a Cannibal acts, and I thought he played the part very well :) I wouldn't suggest playing a cannibal though, as it is hard to pull off, and you can easily get banned for it, but if you think you can pull off the role, all the power to ya bud :P

I have seen Mr. Moons video, may Mav Rest in Peace :) but yes he did an outstanding job in RP a cannibal, i don't plan on RP as a cannibal i'll start in the shallow end first and then go on to harder to play characters in the far future is possible:D

Shiro    0

Hello there Slim, as the video stated above, yes there are side effects!

Marked as solved.