Server time: 2017-08-21, 01:05

Sign in to follow this  
Nova_Ethridge

Clarification for "Reason to Rob"

Question

Okay, so apparently, there has been a change in the interpretation of the rules, and bandits can no longer rob you just because they want your stuff?

I was quoted in a thread by a staff member, corrected, and told to read the rules again, because I said "Bandits don't need a reason to rob you, per se." meaning that their reason can simply be "I want the stuff you have." Is greed no longer a "valid in-character reason" to rob someone anymore?

In all the years that DayZRP has been around, wanting the things a person possess has always been a valid reason to rob. Is that no longer the case?

Can someone please clarify this?

10 answers to this question

Gina    26

The main reason behind this is to cut down the "Drop weps 10 secs, run north" robberies. If you are required to have an actual IC reason to hold down someone, other than his gear, there is a high chance that the robbery will be Role played more also.

Surely if you do a very "entertaining" robbery even if its just for gear, I doubt the victim will be reporting it though :)

Tamaster92    14

Gear per se is still a valid reason to rob someone but only within reason.

For example some gloves is not really a good reason to rob someone, whilst food, drink or ammo could be

Gina    26

There are a lot of robberies where the bandits pretty much already have everything what you can imagine of, and they do those robberies just for the lols. Those are what we want to get rid of.

Like just yesterday I my self was getting initiated on by 3 guys who had very good gear, and they wanted my pistol... I don't have any other weapon than my pistol, while they had Mosin/AK and some other big weapons. Luckily enough one of them decided that they don't really need my petty pistol and they gave it back to me. I would of reported that robbery as being unnecessary if it ended otherway, as they didn't really provide any RP either.

But yes, if you really really want and need something what someone else have, go for it! But make it good robbery in RP wise what doesn't leave bad taste in your victim's mouth (other than tears for losing precious gear ;) ) and you will be fine.

EddyKreys    0

For example some gloves is not really a good reason to rob someone, whilst food, drink or ammo could be

Yesterday I got robbed by two bandits just beacuse one of them had a pair of yellow gloves that didn't match his outfit; he wanted my black gloves instead. I told him that if he he just wanted some pair of gloves (!) I could just give them to him, no problem. Instead, I got the "Drep weps ten secs" procedure.

So this kind of robberies are no longer allowed? Should they be reported next time?

I agree with that, and honestly, I've been pushing for a rule in that regard for years. I'm glad we actually have such a rule now, I just wasn't aware that it was a rule since the rules page only makes reference to "Attacking with an in-character reason" and doesn't shed any detail onto robberies and such.

Tamaster92    14

Yesterday I got robbed by two bandits just beacuse one of them had a pair of yellow gloves that didn't match his outfit; he wanted my black gloves instead. I told him that if he he just wanted some pair of gloves (!) I could just give them to him, no problem. Instead, I got the "Drep weps ten secs" procedure.

So this kind of robberies are no longer allowed? Should they be reported next time?

Absolutely. There is no reason to point weapons at someone for some gloves. It is too far imo.

Lucia have you questions been answered?

Yes, they have! I'm glad to know this rule exists, I just feel it needs to be clarified a tiny bit on the rules page. Thanks!

Tamaster92    14

Will mention about clarification next staff meeting :)

/solved