Server time: 2017-10-18, 07:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
elgiri

Question about KOS rules.

Question

elgiri    5

"Those who control the freedom of their victim(s) must do everything in their power to keep their victim(s) alive and in relatively good health, unless they have good in character reason to execute their victim(s). Otherwise the victim(s) may only be executed by the bandits if they do not comply with demands or if they pose a direct threat to them".

This sentence: ...unless they have a good in character reason to execute their victim(s).

What could be a possible reason?

And, if i see someone executing players without knowing who is the good guy and who is the bad guy, can i kill the one who executes players?

6 answers to this question

AndreyQ    0

A possible reason is if the hostage has done something in order to harm the person helding him up or he is a real threat to the group.

About your other question:

"You may only share KoS rights when you meet both of the following conditions:

You are within 500 meters of the hostile situation at that time

You were recently apart of the involved parties group."

Brad    158

"Those who control the freedom of their victim(s) must do everything in their power to keep their victim(s) alive and in relatively good health, unless they have good in character reason to execute their victim(s). Otherwise the victim(s) may only be executed by the bandits if they do not comply with demands or if they pose a direct threat to them".

This sentence: ...unless they have a good in character reason to execute their victim(s).

And, if i see someone executing players without knowing who is the good guy and who is the bad guy, can i kill the one who executes players?

If you stumble across a hostage situation involving people you don't know, you MUST initiate contact. This let's you figure out what's going on and also lets you continue the roleplay.

Basically if one person is holding up another and you want to play hero, you must go up to them and tell them to stop what they are doing and give them time to comply.

If a group of people are holding up others, probably a bad idea to get involved as you would be breaking NVFL by trying to take on too many people.

Edit: Executions: See Lucia's Explanation below.

Good luck!

IAmJackBandit    77

Some reasons could be that your group has had extreme past hostilities with victim's group or you have kos rights on the victim. IMO executions server no purpose as the person you are executing only forgets everything leading to their death and its not like you are permadeathing anyones character...

You cannot kill them, you would have to initiate on them and disarm them unless you meet the group kos requirements stated above by Lucia...

Responses in green....

Cid    333

Answer:

Some reasons could be that your group has had extreme past hostilities with victim's group or you have kos rights on the victim. IMO executions server no purpose as the person you are executing only forgets everything leading to their death and its not like you are permadeathing anyones character...[/color]

You cannot kill them, you would have to initiate on them and disarm them unless you meet the group kos requirements stated above by Lucia...

/solving