Server time: 2017-10-19, 16:31
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
shipwreck117

DayZ menu and concept guide

This is really what dayz needs to be like in my opinion. I think that it would make the game a lot more enjoyable, along with a ton of other additions. Lets make sure that everyonee see's this and while youre at it, let me know what you think along with any other additions that you would want to add :)

>The zoom in on your CURRENT character

Yes please, oh man yes please! getting a good screenshot is so hard these dayz. the cinematic overlook was great looking too.

Rhaazerus    0

Wow, yes!

I've always like the idea of having a small "stats" linked to your character just to give a sense of worth for your efforts, and the visual effects and world containers would be an ingenious addition!

I really hope Bohemia looks into something like this

Robodanjal    0

That was all pretty good stuff. I like the open world containers, working fireplaces in houses would be great. I also like the idea of the slow death and distance gunshots.

Tomi    0

Pretty solid ideas! :D On the negative side: I assume it's going to take a long time for them to actually update the UI. Don't hate me for saying this but: I think the development is going slow. If I recall correctly they are behind their own schedule and I think they need more manpower to keep up with the community who never forgets, and always hates. :(

Quick Edit: Forgot to mention how some of the sounds are already in the game, and I love that! Removed some of the monotone feel of the game.

Jucci    0

Open world containers would be cool. It would make looting slower but more varied. People would be running around checking trash bins and mailboxes

Mikachu    26

Most of this is certainly doable but whether they will? Who knows

Bugeye    0

When I first saw this video a few months back, I loved it. It's all in the details. The waking up, the dying, the menu layout....all of it would add so much without affecting the core of the game as it is. Seeing it a second time now just renews my hope for what this game could be :)

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Prime looking video

Ghost of Levi    8

no kos, lol just kidding xD

Subso    0

(need to make second post)

After watching this I can count everything (beside the indoor spawn which could be a bit harder to not bug and bug you into rooms you cant exit) as "fancy stuff that looks good" and in this stage of the game I think its not that important.

I would LOVE to see it but right now they should concentrate on key-elements and engine.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Cool video. Would love to see some of these features implemented for sure.

redspear461    3

Looks really well made! Hoping developers would take some idea's from people who make incredible things like the kid in the video. Fingers crossed :)

This is really what dayz needs to be like in my opinion. I think that it would make the game a lot more enjoyable, along with a ton of other additions. Lets make sure that everyonee see's this and while youre at it, let me know what you think along with any other additions that you would want to add :)

that is really fucking good !

i love it specialy that with the helmet, thats a thing i have been thiniking about myself for a long time, im sure others have aswell it would bring game realistics into another level, i really hope dayz standalone will choose that path

citycatred    0

<3 Fricking amazing. There are a lot of great content videos out there that show how awesome Dayz could be in the future…but this is still one of my favorites.

Inventory Idea

Food Storage

Yadidle    2

This is great. I love these ideas. Hopefully the devs take a gander over here and happen upon this video.

Guest WarBoy237   
Guest WarBoy237

This is fucking awesome

Guest WarBoy237   
Guest WarBoy237

This is fucking awesome