Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:39

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGInDaHouse

Random Idea

I know and do not question the seriousness of the RP here but here is an idea.

Say if you die, standard, the character you created is now permanently dead. You now have to make a new character and his/her back-story.

Is this too intense?

Is this already a thing and I've misjudged this terribly?

Honest thoughts, I care not if you hate this idea!

I've made this point actually quite recently to friends and a mod. It was said to me that there's one group that you can join that follows that exact premise.

However every other group will be ok with thier allies dying and coming back. Almost like they along with the victim forgot the moment and reason they died so as far as the group is concerned in rp they never really died. At least that's what I think.

Hope your enjoying the community my friend.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

The has been discussed multiple times, alongside the forced "respawn-timer" idea.

Its not going to happen, purely because people put a lot of time into one character and don't want to kill them off.

I think there's actually a group in development right now that is using that. Here's the link if you wanna check em out: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-active-call-us-what-you-like-heavy-realism-rp-permadeath-ig-rec-s2

Thanks for the shout out. Yes, our group is based on permadeath characters. We understand that this concept is not for everyone. People take great pride in their characters and building their story up. However, our group enjoys the concept and has a greater understanding of VFL.

Volke    132

I know and do not question the seriousness of the RP here but here is an idea.

Say if you die, standard, the character you created is now permanently dead. You now have to make a new character and his/her back-story.

Is this too intense?

Is this already a thing and I've misjudged this terribly?

Honest thoughts, I care not if you hate this idea!

Like Apache said, the group take RP serious like that where it is a rule to create a new character.

Krullin    0

That's kind of already a thing. Lot's of people perma death their characters, me included. It´s completely optional of course but it's still a thing you can do.

Yes, I wasn't sure if anyone would be willing to go that intense. I too would be pissed if i was killed by a bug/glitch in the game.

Maybe when the game becomes more advanced?

It would certainly be absolutely intense to say the least!

I think there's actually a group in development right now that is using that. Here's the link if you wanna check em out: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-active-call-us-what-you-like-heavy-realism-rp-permadeath-ig-rec-s2

Thanks for the shout out. Yes, our group is based on permadeath characters. We understand that this concept is not for everyone. People take great pride in their characters and building their story up. However, our group enjoys the concept and has a greater understanding of VFL.

Maybe I'll consider joining after I've experienced the standard DayzRP more.

Looks cool, though

Yes, I wasn't sure if anyone would be willing to go that intense. I too would be pissed if i was killed by a bug/glitch in the game.

Maybe when the game becomes more advanced?

It would certainly be absolutely intense to say the least!

Maybe I'll consider joining after I've experienced the standard DayzRP more.

Looks cool, though

Sounds good.

Vandy    34

You could force this as a server rule, however it owuld be a very unpopular rule.

Thing is, if you CK (Character Kill) you lose all memory of all people and events you had in the past on your character.

You would basically forget that some groups were Friendly or were Bandits. And this the trickery. Cause ooc, you don't forget.

Thing as well, if you were like playing for a few months with the same group, and you CK, you have to reestablish contact with the whole group again, lose all previous contacts etc... It aint that easy.

Sometimes you just decide you had enough of the military rp you were portraying, and then it's a good idea to rethink about ck'ing your characther, starting all over again with a different backstory and such.

So yeah, tl;dr:

you can CK, some people on the server CK regularly, but you are not obliged to CK, nor can people oblige it to you.

You could force this as a server rule, however it owuld be a very unpopular rule.

Thing is, if you CK (Character Kill) you lose all memory of all people and events you had in the past on your character.

You would basically forget that some groups were Friendly or were Bandits. And this the trickery. Cause ooc, you don't forget.

Thing as well, if you were like playing for a few months with the same group, and you CK, you have to reestablish contact with the whole group again, lose all previous contacts etc... It aint that easy.

Sometimes you just decide you had enough of the military rp you were portraying, and then it's a good idea to rethink about ck'ing your characther, starting all over again with a different backstory and such.

So yeah, tl;dr:

you can CK, some people on the server CK regularly, but you are not obliged to CK, nor can people oblige it to you.

i get where you're coming from, whilst I'm not forcing another server. I thought it may be an idea to have an ultra-hardcore total realism (barring game mechanics) server. However i was questioning whether people would consider this, or nah?