Server time: 2017-08-18, 05:11

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rock

Hoping this is better than Arma-3 Life

Guest Rock   
Guest Rock

Hello, my name is Rock Hardick. In Arma-3 Life, my name was accepted by two friendly teenagers, a Developer and an Admin, and then was forced to change by two power-hungry teenagers trying to feel "big". In conclusion- I want to play a game where immature children don't have power over adults. A mature setting- where, coincidentally, people get kidnapped and tortured.

I believe this mod will be better than normal DayZ since I don't enjoy walking around knowing that at any second, a sniper from 2 miles away or a guy with a gun can walk up, kill me instantly, then walk away. Role playing is scarier, more intense, funnier, and more fun in general.

Welcome to DayZRP!

It's nice to see you're interested in DayZRP's concept. We take our RP very seriously, so I think you will enjoy it here.

Good luck on your whitelist!

Burgz    6

That is a pretty fishy name though brah, I can assure you that this place is probably a lot better than A3L but then you could argue that they're incomparable.

Well, the RP standards are higher here.

Welcome.

Guest Rock   
Guest Rock

Thank you, I look forward to playing.

The name plays a big part in my role-playing and I see nothing fishy about it. I mean, it is a name after all. (Yes, I am one of "those" guys with "that" type of obliviousness)

Welcome to DayZRP!

It's nice to see you're interested in DayZRP's concept. We take our RP very seriously, so I think you will enjoy it here.

Good luck on your whitelist!

Thank you, I look forward to playing!

That is a pretty fishy name though brah, I can assure you that this place is probably a lot better than A3L but then you could argue that they're incomparable.

Well, the RP standards are higher here.

Welcome.

I am not sure what you are talking about (;

I look forward to experiencing it!

Unknown Entity    126

This is a serious RP community.

If I saw "Rock Hardick" (I see what you did there), I'd probably just log off and report it as soon as possible.

You could easly change it though, it's mearly a name.

Volke    132

Welcome to the community, if you have questions just ask :)

Guest Rock   
Guest Rock

If I saw "Rock Hardick" (I see what you did there), I'd probably just log off and report it as soon as possible.

It is unlikely that a name with no derogatory meaning could actually get you to log off. I hope you are role-playing right now.

In any event, this is a serious role playing community and as such, you are going to have to deal with names that don't suit you. Or log off as you said it is your preferred alternative. Either way, my name doesn't hurt anyone and there is nothing offensive about it.

Wow, it's pretty impressive that a name with no derogatory meaning could actually get you so worked up and upset that it forces you to log off. I hope you are role-playing right now because if you are not, I have my doubts that you meet the minimum age requirements.

In any event, this is a serious role playing community and as such, you are going to have to deal with names that don't suit you. Or log off and cry as you said it is your preferred alternative. The choice is yours.

Hmm, it doesn't appear you are making the best first impression. However, that could just be my observation. Just because you do not think a name has a undertone does not mean others perceive it that way. Perception is key. Just a recommendation, you might not want to come into an established community and start with the attitude. On a lighter note, welcome to the community and I hope you enjoy your stay.

HiGGi    27

Also m9, Don't go OOC over VOIP, i know you've read the rules and everything but i remember that being acceptable over there. Just to help you it boii :)

Guest Rock   
Guest Rock

Wow, it's pretty impressive that a name with no derogatory meaning could actually get you so worked up and upset that it forces you to log off. I hope you are role-playing right now because if you are not, I have my doubts that you meet the minimum age requirements.

In any event, this is a serious role playing community and as such, you are going to have to deal with names that don't suit you. Or log off and cry as you said it is your preferred alternative. The choice is yours.

Hmm, it doesn't appear you are making the best first impression. However, that could just be my observation. Just because you do not think a name has a undertone does not mean others perceive it that way. Perception is key. Just a recommendation, you might not want to come into an established community and start with the attitude. On a lighter note, welcome to the community and I hope you enjoy your stay.

I have a sharper tongue however that does not mean I am the one with the attitude. Someone being snarky with me will be met with the same. I believe that is in the role-playing rules under "vengence"? Meant for in game or not, I don't tolerate bullies.

I have a sharper tongue however that does not mean I am the one with the attitude. Someone being snarky with me will be met with the same. I believe that is in the role-playing rules under "vengence"? Meant for in game or not, I don't tolerate bullies.

Sorry fella, but I do not believe that is going to get you far. There was nothing "snarky" about uSx's comment.

Ok everyone calm down a little. Welcome to DayZRP Rock...hope you enjoy your stay here! Also just to warn you, you may be asked to change your name as I am sure you know the name sounds a little derogative, and yes people will report names like that, not because they are being immature but because the name may seem immature...I am sure you understand where I am coming from. Also the experience here is a whole lot different then A3L, I have seen videos of A3L and I have to day the RP there was a little too loose if you know what I mean. The RP in DayZRP is very immersive and serious, and people actullay enjoy it and I hope you get a chance to enjoy it aswell my friend:)

Just to let you know the name Rock Hardick is not a realistic RP name, and will not be accepted on this server. Breaking it down to "Rock Hard Dick" is inappropriate, immature and not defendable. Sorry.

Vesper    0

Let me be explicitly clear in this so there is no confusion anywhere down the road. 'Rock Hardick' is not only grotesquely inappropriate, it will not fly simply because of your claims of ignorance to the innuendo.

Furthermore, your attitude towards other members of this community leaves little to be desired. I strongly suggest that before you post again, you think long and hard about what kind of message you are trying to convey.

That being said, I hope that we can move forward from this and perhaps you could use this as a learning experience. Welcome to the community.

Guest Rock   
Guest Rock

Ok everyone calm down a little. Welcome to DayZRP Rock...hope you enjoy your stay here! Also just to warn you, you may be asked to change your name as I am sure you know the name sounds a little derogative, and yes people will report names like that, not because they are being immature but because the name may seem immature...I am sure you understand where I am coming from. Also the experience here is a whole lot different then A3L, I have seen videos of A3L and I have to day the RP there was a little too loose if you know what I mean. The RP in DayZRP is very immersive and serious, and people actullay enjoy it and I hope you get a chance to enjoy it aswell my friend:)

I liked the way the cops played and how updated and "complete" it was, but it was just the children who were admins who ruined everything. As far as my name goes, some may misread it as something dirty, however, even if it is taken "that way" it is nothing more than a quick chuckle. That's it. Maybe a "second look", but as long as everyone playing is above the age of 13, then there shouldn't be any problem.

Rock was my dog's name and Hardick was the last name of my buddy who unfortunately passed away last April. I do understand that the name is a joke, but it is also composed of two real names and should be taken as such.

I liked the way the cops played and how updated and "complete" it was, but it was just the children who were admins who ruined everything. As far as my name goes, some may misread it as something dirty, however, even if it is taken "that way" it is nothing more than a quick chuckle. That's it. Maybe a "second look", but as long as everyone playing is above the age of 13, then there shouldn't be any problem.

Rock was my dog's name and Hardick was the last name of my buddy who unfortunately passed away last April. I do understand that the name is a joke, but it is also composed of two real names and should be taken as such.

Well Rock, the GM's have already voiced their opinions about the name and it is up to you whether you change it or not. I am sorry to hear about your buddy also as it is unfortunately that we lose those close to us like that. I hope you can understand where we are coming from as far as the name goes and you make the neccessary changes so you can enjoy you time here on DayZRP!

Guest Rock   
Guest Rock

Well Rock, the GM's have already voiced their opinions about the name and it is up to you whether you change it or not. I am sorry to hear about your buddy also as it is unfortunately that we lose those close to us like that. I hope you can understand where we are coming from as far as the name goes and you make the neccessary changes so you can enjoy you time here on DayZRP!

No offense to the GM's and their questionable judgement, however, if I cannot role play the way I desire then this is not the mod for me. I would like the project lead to say it is his opinion as well and that these mods are not going on a power trip and making a big deal out of nothing. Whether or not the name can be taken as "Rock Hard Dick" should be nothing more than a quick "Oh, I see what he did there." not a full on tantrum.

Vesper    0

I'm sorry for your loss, truly I am but unfortunately the name is something that we need to take at face value. It is inappropriate and I suggest that you make an alteration as it will not be accepted as is.

No offense to the GM's and their questionable judgement, however, if I cannot role play the way I desire then this is not the mod for me. I would like the project lead to say it is his opinion as well and that these mods are not going on a power trip and making a big deal out of nothing. Whether or not the name can be taken as "Rock Hard Dick" should be nothing more than a quick "Oh, I see what he did there." not a full on tantrum.

This has nothing to do with a 'power trip'. Every member of this community is required to present themselves in a mature manner. You are no different should you choose to stay.

Guest Rock   
Guest Rock

I'm sorry for your loss, truly I am but unfortunately the name is something that we need to take at face value. It is inappropriate and I suggest that you make an alteration as it will not be accepted as is.

I'm sure it can and it is being taken way out of proportion from a silly name to an attack on- (I actually have nothing that I could possibly consider to be a valid reason as to why this is completely unacceptable), however, that is merely my opinion. I wanted to play the mod, but it looks like neither of our prides will be shaken. Therefore, I will take my leave.

Vesper    0

Very well, good luck elsewhere. Hopefully you can convince someone somewhere that a name pertaining to a phallus is appropriate.

You can roleplay anyway you want, as long as it doesn't conflict with the rules. Its a shame that you would let a name, something you can easily modify, deter you away from such a great opportunity in a great community. A name doesn't make a great roleplayer but it is the actions of the character that creates great roleplay...

Guest Rock   
Guest Rock

Very well, good luck elsewhere. Hopefully you can convince someone somewhere that a name pertaining to a phallus is appropriate.

Is THAT the reason you don't like my name? Well then, I have no problem changing it!

Hah, don't I feel silly.

What do you think of Richard Head?

HAGGLE    5

Is THAT the reason you don't like my name? Well then, I have no problem changing it!

Hah, don't I feel silly.

Trollololol

Seriously dude, you should stop. You complain about other being immature? Take a look at yourself. I don't think this is the place for you, much like A3 Life wasn't. Just IMO.

Guest Rock   
Guest Rock

Hah, don't I feel silly.

Trollololol

Seriously dude, you should stop. You complain about other being immature? Take a look at yourself. I don't think this is the place for you, much like A3 Life wasn't. Just IMO.

There is a difference between being immature and retaliating against tyrants. Sarcasm is the best way to get people to stop being stupid, think for a second, and then realize that their pride is making a big deal out of nothing. I could change my name, so the same applies to me. However, acting as if my name is the end of the world is ludicrous. She knows, she just has gone so far to the point it would be embarrassing to admit it.