Server time: 2017-11-18, 06:37

Sign in to follow this  
Misty

What happened to the children?

I find childrens backpacks everywhere.. Yet, there doesn't seem to be any children in standalone. What happened to them, lorewise? Did the virus kill them all? Are they all hiding? Anyone knows what really happened to all the infants and babies? In a logic RP sense..

Women and children are always the first to be evacuated no?

hence the big ratio of men to women still left behind in chernarus :P

Of course theres the more gruesome answer they got devoured by zombies

Hm.. evacuated and eaten you guys say? If eaten, then they Shouldve turned infected right? But I don't see any infected children zombies. So either they evacuated or the virus just kills them and doesn't turn them unded.

my theories are that as you know, when someone is dead his body gets rotten and eaten by bacterias and some more things, if the rottery of the body stops when the infected starting to come back to life or not I cant tell so there are two options:

1) Due to the small size of babies, children and some old people, the body rotted complitly and disappeared before the body got the chance to rise again.

2) The body rotted up already even after the body rose

or maybe the body of the baby, child etc was eaten complitly by the zombies before even getting to chance to rise again

Hm.. evacuated and eaten you guys say? If eaten, then they Shouldve turned infected right? But I don't see any infected children zombies. So either they evacuated or the virus just kills them and doesn't turn them unded.

nah, you know there's like two ways zombies eat.

The one bite which leaves the person to turn, or they just devour everything off of said person. Because children are so small, they can manage to eat all of them.

Im not too comfortable about this thread, you got your answer, this needs to get solved.

There are lines i can cross, but trying to imagine seeing a zombie eating an infant, even if its fictional, its a line i cant cross.

Guest Icy

Would love some creepy ass small zombies, too small to hit, too fast to outrun, but too weak to do almost no harm

Now, lorewise. Ehr, I guess they were fully eaten or ended up in the mass graves. Or continue the movie-like aproach of our lore, and pull some stupid excuse, that armies actually kidnapped all the kids cause they were carriers of the virus but never gonna turn or some weird shit to make them usefull.

I mean, there are some weird places around the new Chernarus, underground bunkers, hidden tunnels etc, that could be used as shelters etc, they could be locked in there all this time or something

Good question. I am afraid to read the replies as people probably went in the obvious direction. Zombie babies.

I think that perhaps they were allowed to be evacuated, at least the children. Or was some sort of concentrated effort to evacuate them. Or, y'know. There is the grim path of course. Dead children.

It could be argued that children are generally more vurnable to the zombies and the virus since they usually rely on other people to defend themselves and most of them dont have the survival skills necessary to make it on their own.

So there's an excuse to why there would be -few- children left, but not an excuse to why there are none at all. There should be kids here and there, even if they're something of a rarity.

In the end its just one of those game-mechanic things that cannot be explained fully. Women for example should be just as capable and able to defend themselves and survive the apocalypse as men, yet there is a massive gender inbalance because most community members are men. There's also a massive inbalance towards foreigners since most characters arent chernarussian, even though the amount of foreign characters in Chernarus(despite a few foreign tourists and militaries being present) should be relativly small.

These are all game-mechanic constructs that exist as a result of how the game works and how the demographics look in the community. They cannot fully and adequatly be explained by lore stories and frankly I dont think that they should, because any attempt to do so will result in a rather poor excuse.

I hope reason given above is enough to limit most of the immersion damage. If i'd weave in explenations into all these "loopholes" in the lore and the game and things that dont make sense..well its a list that contains hundreds of details and things. I'd be at it for a year, and I generally dont want to be too detailed with such things in the lore.

As for the question of zombie kids: It would be theoreticly possible, but personally I hope that's something they never add to the game. It would make the game significantly...darker, and I cant say I would feel it to be in good taste.

Guest Damon

Well, as for kids and zombies - kids are more vulnerable, or maybe the virus needs a strong healthy older host, so when a children gets the virus, they die off very fast.

As for children survivors - I sound young, so I tend to RP simply 16 years old, that way, it is not immersion breaking and can really add interesting layers to roleplay.

It's possible, as Damon pointed out, that children simply can't survive exposure to the virus, so they die if they contract it.

I know someone was roleplaying an 11 year-old girl, so they get that young, apparently.

Alternatively, maybe the children are immune to the virus, and thus they were all evacuated before they could get old enough to contract it.

fairly certain there is talk of child zombies as another form of zombies later on down the track in development :P

Guest Phalix

Women and children are always the first to be evacuated no?

hence the big ratio of men to women still left behind in chernarus :P

Of course theres the more gruesome answer they got devoured by zombies

but quarantine wat

probably just rp that they all got thrown into mass burials

As Radec said, quarantine. I assure you, the kids werent evacuated. Although im sure some parents would like to believe that. :D

Of course people might've tried, but they'd be met with a raised gun in whatever direction they'd try to go.

If people want a simple solid lore answer to this I'll just repeat what I said in my earlier reply: Most of them are dead(or dead-ish) due to them being more exposed and vurnable then adults. Fairly grim, I know, but this is an apocalypse so naturally it aint going to be pretty. Survival of the fittest.

As for child zombies down in development...please god no. :(

Add some super zombies instead. Or hell, MORE ordinary ones.

I think Child Zombies would be cool, as long as they weren't super common. Super zombies and more zombies in general would be a plus :D.

But like Tomeran suggested, I think that we shouldn't put too much thought into it, (as he explained with foreigners, gender, ect)

The lore answers the main questions but cannot answer some (why do plants grow so fast, kuru stage) these are game mechanics that exist otherwise it would take too long for some things.

Also Dean Hall was asked about it a while back:

http://dayzblog.net/news/want-child-zombies-standalone/

Also... it would be tough having child zombies.. Shooting a child in the face even if it's a zombie...I'm not sure I could do that even if it's a game.

-good answer-

Soooooo can we RP as children/infants? :D Jk that'd be trollish as all heck.

BOT: I never stopped to think lore wise/RP wise why no children/teenagers were present...

maybe some people could RP as their teenage(16-19) self or something? but then again this question was never brought up in the mod. Hmmmm... can't we just "RP" that some of the "adult zombies" are infants/kids/teenagers? I guess that would depend on a group and their over all discretion.

As for child zombies down in development...please god no. :(

That would be creepy. It'd be harder to bring yourself to shoot them. Especially if they made more child-like zombie sounds.

Add some super zombies instead. Or hell, MORE ordinary ones.

You shaddap-a you face! Zombies are fine the way they are. Add more, but none of that Terminator Tyson zombie crap.

No we need terminator Left 4 Dead 2 Tank Zombies. Make this happen Brian Hicks & BI :D. We need to use 60 shots+ with an AK to kill it ;)

You shaddap-a you face! Zombies are fine the way they are. Add more, but none of that Terminator Tyson zombie crap.

Bah, when zombies die from headshots only then I'll be happy! When they swarm in the thousands and feast on the tears of desperate players and-

hrm, sorry. Lost my train of thought.

More, yes. If we cant have quality harder opponents I suppose we'd have to settle with quantity. Iirc there was suppose to be a big zombie patch coming up soon.

can't we just "RP" that some of the "adult zombies" are infants/kids/teenagers? I guess that would depend on a group and their over all discretion.

teenagers work well enough, smaller kids? Not so much. each to their own I guess, I mean there -should- be kids out there in zeke form.

Maybe they're out prowling in a bush near you. Right now. Waiting for the time to strike.

Maybe they're out prowling in a bush near you. Right now. Waiting for the time to strike.

bitin' ur ankles