Server time: 2018-12-11, 12:24
Sign in to follow this  
Misty

What happened to the children?

What if the infection was too much for childrens immune system to handle? Turning adults but killing off the little people before they turn.

What if the infection was too much for childrens immune system to handle? Turning adults but killing off the little people before they turn.

Everyone that gets infected by the virus dies, it has a perfect mortality rate unless you have the good fortunes of being immune. And when you die, just about everyone is later "revived" by said virus(unless you have suffered extreme damage to the brain). So yeah, there's still child zekes out there. It could however be argued that perhaps children get turned faster since they are generally less resilient and smaller then adults. But death is by no means an escape from the zombie state, it is a requirement.

Iirc there was suppose to be a big zombie patch coming up soon.

No comment ;)

Cough end of February cough

Children are mysterious, they can do stuff you can't imagine them doing.

Guest Doug Quade

I prefer the evacuation story, however, in a crisis situation I would highly doubt that there would be a 100% evacuated of the children. More depth in the lore would be needed. Perhaps due to the potency of the virus and the fact that a child's immune system is not fully developed nor as strong as a adults immune system, they died from immediate exposure and were among the first wave of casualties from the pandemic ?

-snip-

As for the question of zombie kids: It would be theoreticly possible, but personally I hope that's something they never add to the game. It would make the game significantly...darker, and I cant say I would feel it to be in good taste.

I fully agree with this, and being the Loremaster, I take his explanation to be good enough for me.

-snip-

As for the question of zombie kids: It would be theoretically possible, but personally I hope that's something they never add to the game. It would make the game significantly...darker, And I can't say I would feel it to be in good taste.

Well we all play in an Apocalypse theme, the ugly dark reality should be the foundation or the base structure we build our roleplay on, of course and I totally agree harming a kid or seeing a kid as a zombie would be quiet disturbing but it would add some kind of unique depths to the whole scenario.

I am not a supporter of the idea to add zombie kids to the game but I'd understand why the could possibly think of it, as DayZ was and still is sort of a social experiment after all. Personally, I think the body of a kid/baby is simply to weak to deal with such an extreme Virus to totally transform to a zombie and rise up after their death.

This world really is survival of the fittest, all of the children that weren't evacuated were most likely left to fend for themselves, and they were not the fittest.

Guest Terry

Well Alfie was permab...oh you mean in game dont you.