Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:30

Sign in to follow this  
ninjabot553

Can you role-play as a young character?

Question

ninjabot553    0

Hi, I was wondering how young the character your roleplaying can be, or does the age of the character have to be 16 or older.

16 answers to this question

Guest Dalton   
Guest Dalton

I would say RP a character around your own age. Due to character models, it would be off putting to come up to a 6 year old that is 5'10 with the voice of a teenager or adult. If your voice hasn't matured then don't play someone in their 30's either. I absolutely despise anyone who says they are a career military man or woman with the voice of a teenager. It really ruins it for me. Just keep it reasonable.

Matt    21

The youngest I have played so far is 18 and to me that is reasonable enough, but when I start to see six foot tall 12 year olds then i'm most definetly walking away.

+1 for Russian 10 year olds with beards

All jokes aside I don't see a problem with it. Rather you be comfortable with what you are roleplaying then try to struggle playing a way you do not wish to play.

Cid    332

I know a character who is around 17 years old, so if you feel comfortable that you can pull off the character than go for it. As the others have said, try not to go too young and try to stay around 18 years old, as it is a bit more reasonable.

SatansNightOut    105

I've met a few people who played young kids in the mod. I can't say they were very believable, but they were still there.

It was hard to wrap my head around because of the models, but... yeah. I mean, I don't see why not. We're already here, using our imaginations (at least, we should be O_o).

well to be honest i was pretty tall at like 14 years old my voice had already broken by that time as well....so i could believe someone saying they were 14-15

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

I rp'd as a 16 year old ukranian woman, and that was pretty easy(if you 're good at text rp that is)

Tamaster92    14

I'd say lateish teens is likely the limit for now due to model limitations. Sort fo 15/16+ I guess? Looks very odd otherwise.

Has your question been answered Ninjabot?

Nagita    0

Yeah, due to lack of character customisation, you can't play a very young character, as the size / shape of the face won't fit at all. Maybe if they add more deep cutomisation, that question will probably need another debate but for now, 16 years old should be the minimum to not break other people's immersion.

ninjabot553    0

I'd say lateish teens is likely the limit for now due to model limitations. Sort fo 15/16+ I guess? Looks very odd otherwise.

Yeah, I guess this question can be closed because im too stupid to figure it out :/

Tamaster92    14

Yeah, I guess this question can be closed because im too stupid to figure it out :/

How do you mean?

If you are still unsure then try to explain and we will do our best to help you :)

MaToLiZeM    0

I myself play a 19 year old character but I dont think a 16-17 and even some 18 year old teens have the skills, physicly and mentaly to survive a zombie apocalypse, especially mentaly. a 16-17 years old kid dont know how to use a gun, get a campfire or living alone for a long time after all he saw there is no wa he will be able to stay sane and not kill himself

Frozen    45

I like to play around the ages.. It gives different results in the RP.. That is if your RP will acknowledge that you are a young character..

I've had times were I RPed as a 17 year old who had no documents or anything and some people demanded his Passport.. I didn't have any so they decided torturing me is a good idea..

Basically if the person you RP changes there RP so they won't be talking to an adult but a teen.. Some people don't care so you might notice the RP will be stall as always.

McDugals    37

I can see a person's character being 17 at best, as previously stated the character model does seem too old for someone to be younger than 16. Maybe down the line they can include some functions to make character setup more flexible!

/solved