Server time: 2017-08-22, 09:06

Sign in to follow this  
OneClick

Dayz RP Rave Night?

Would you like to have a Rave RP Event?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a Rave RP Event?

• Yes!
    • Not really.

OneClick    0

Hello everyone OneClick here and I was wondering how many of you would be interested in setting up a Rave RP scenario. My bud and I have an amazing selection between the two of us and if enough people were wanting to try it out. There will be lots of old favourites as well as some original tunes made by yours truly. I am hoping to get enough positive responses that maybe we can get a server to be night time for a few hours. Maybe have some multiple people recording if they want to help so we can show off how awesome our community is! Feel free to leave a comment and a poll response. This poll will run for 30 days so lets see how it turns out :D

OneClick    0

But why could it not be an RP event? Even at the end of the world, people need to forget about their troubles and relax.

Clammy    0

But why could it not be an RP event? Even at the end of the world, people need to forget about their troubles and relax.

IRL people wouldn't put loud music and dance when its the end of the world. Its survival of the fittest.

-1 for me.

Roach    1554

Sorry I can't support this idea for the same reasons as above.

Samaritan    254

Unfortunately the noise would be a horde of the undead on top of the people who were busting there moves. You could always arrange something on DayZRP Plug DJ. It is OOC but could be a nice little event. (I'm in there now pumping out some old school dance anthems).

Guest Dalton   
Guest Dalton

Well maybe I'm the only one who would want to go out with a party lol.

In the current state of the lore, I don't think it fits. We're not that far into the outbreak. I find it highly unlikely that anyone would be having a rave. More towards the end of the year when construction is released then maybe. It would make more since if a group of survivors wanted to have a party at a secured compound that they established.

citycatred    0

I like the idea…but yeah I don't think it would fit. As Dalton said, once base building gets added I could totally see something like this happening. Not only because of the time lore wise (things might be more settled down, survivors will hopefully understand and be more comfortable around the undead) but also it would make more sense to do it at a location that is securable.

Volke    132

-1 for the ideas stated above, it would not work at this time in the lore.

Good Idea though to bond the community together :)

Major    435

Maybe if we were in New York City on Times Square as the East Coast fell and we had an end of the world party then maybe.

OneClick    0

I appreciate all your guys feedback and comments. It was only an idea that I thought would be nice for a special event. Keep the feedback coming guys :D

Robodanjal    0

I'd have to agree with most of the over comments.

Noise attracts attention of zombies and bandits. I don't think rounding people up into one area holding only glowsticks is a good idea.

Does look like a great plan for a robbery though.

Grihm    16

I say use the Plug DJ for this, but ingame it´s not working out sadly. It´s a bit misplaced tbh to pump loud music that draws infected etc, but as i said feel free to use the Plug DJ for it. Many would surly appreciate it.

Did somebody say Rave? who would come up with such an idea? obviously nobody would do this in game right?

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

OneClick    0

I appreciate all the comments guys and gals. Perhaps a large music festival is not proper for the land of the infected. Things could change one day, but till than looks like we'll just have to keep going with underground parties until such time.

Davos    5

With so many abandoned warehouses and glow sticks everywhere, I can see why someone would get the idea. Its actually popped in my mind more than once. But seriously, why not? The first sign of an infected showing up, a guard or two, kills them, sneaks back, informs everyone and you move on to the next abandoned warehouse.

drewhinny    0

As I agree with the above statements I wonder tho. In another post somebody was holding a boxing event. Would that not also draw loud cheering, and unwanted attention? Nobody seemed to bring that up on his post. Just some food for thought.

Davos    5

You know, I remember someone mentioning a beach party in another post a few weeks back. I saw we combine these ideas and head to one of the islands off the coast and have FFDP, Fish Fray Dance Party. That way there is protection, cover, and plenty of room.